infection on 3rd day after surgery

• Administrators

Who was your surgeon? You need to be prescribed antibiotics, what you want to avoid is necrosis. This needs to be brought up to your surgeon immediately, if you do not receive a response, I suggest visiting one of our pre-screened hair restoration surgeons for assistance. 

Warm regards- Melvin 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Visit a clinic immediately. Best would be a recommended hair transplant clinic like Melvin mentioned. But if there is a waiting time: Go to another clinic / GP or anything else today. It appears to be (based on a picture and a me not beeing a medical doctor) a nasty infection. It not only affects the grwoth negatively but can lead to severe medical issues.

For five days it also looks very bloody. So try to get some more advice on the washing procedure from a recommended clinic indepentendly from the infection issue.

Who was your surgeon?  Contact them immediately and email the concerns and cc yourself and have them reply.  You may need to get prescribed meds for necrosis to prevent the pus or necrotizing issue that may be forming.  Seriously do this now like asap.  Time is seriously if the essence or your whole scalp can get screwed.  You cant waste any time in this.  If your surgeon does not prescribe after you tell them of the complaint then they can be held highly responsible.  Call their office now or their personnel cellphone.  This is very important as time is of the essence.  

Edited by Sean
Bs spelling

Very unfortunate that you have not heard any response.  Call the clinic and demand to speak with someone.  You can also go to a local dermatologist and just walk in and ask that you get seen by a doctor a.s.a.p. and tell them you can sit and wait.

Or as was suggested, go immediately to your PCP where they know you.

Hope you can get some immediate attention and resolve. 

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Hopefully you've already been in to see someone that's able to help you (or better yet - a response from your surgeon). In the meantime, I would also make sure not to pick at anything on your scalp that could cause the infection to get worse. 

And great advice regarding sending emails to your surgeon to have a record of the communication attempts. Keep track of the phone calls/voice mails left as well should (worst case) you need this information down the line. 

Really hope this works out. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

• Administrators
42 minutes ago, jake888 said:

Yes, thank you. I went to  a dermatologist and had an antibiotic liquid "Rifucin" and it's getting better now but parts of skin came out

Hi Jake,

Have you sent pictures to your surgeon? Frankly, I am very concerned that parts of your skin possibly containing grafts came out. Have you reached out to one of our pre-screened hair restoration surgeons for their expert input?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Jake, I am hoping your doctor has responded to you and you voiced your concerns about the scalp situation.  I guess upon evaluation of the situation, the dermatologist you went to recommended a certain medication.  My concern is also piece of skin, but if there is a growth issue, your doctor should remedy.   I hope you get better and things heal well.  Your health is extremely important.  Best of luck.  

• 2 months later...

Well at least the infection is being treated.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY