My transplant :) 6500gr.

Hello guys, iam 20 years old and 2 weeks ago i got my hair and beard transplant. I did a high density transplant in 1 mega session of 6500grafts. I know there will be lot of people, who will just argue that in 20yo it’s wasting grafts atp. - I made sure that if I need I definitely have enough grafts to future transplant.. if I will even need it, cause my father and grandfather has just bigger forehead and I had it same. You can hit me with some questions if you want. Before my transplant I asked a lot of questions and now with my experience I can answer yours. Have a good day:)

Edited by Alexander Zaruckov

• Administrators

Hi Alexander,

do you mind sharing pictures? Thanks for sharing your experience, happy growing. 

Warm regards-Melvin

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

The work looks good (albeit maybe lacking in irregularity of placement of the beard implants). But this was not a smart use of grafts with that many into the beard when you clearly suffer from fairly extensive hairloss for a 20 year old. Who was the doctor?

"I made sure that if I need I definitely have enough grafts to future transplant"

This isn't magically something you can achieve when taking 6500 grafts, Without a doubt your donor is approaching its limits for FUE and you still have 80% of the potential NW5 area that could bald and need to be replaced. The doctor without a doubt lied if they said this. Slightly sceptical there is 6500 grafts there also, how many went into the beard?

100% you should get on the drug finasteride to maintain the rest of your hair and avoid running out of potential donor hair to fill in the balding area. The work does look good so hopefully the growth turns out well and finasteride should keep your situation strong for as long as possible.

If you have continued male pattern baldness in the future and desire more transplants there is a point for every FUE hair transplant patient when you really should not do anymore extractions because the donor area will appear too thinned out. However, it is sometimes an option for patients to do an FUT hair transplant after maxing out of FUE's . They would just be aware that they may need to keep donor hair at different length to cover scars.

• Like 1

• Administrators
16 minutes ago, Dr. Glenn Charles said:

If you have continued male pattern baldness in the future and desire more transplants there is a point for every FUE hair transplant patient when you really should not do anymore extractions because the donor area will appear too thinned out. However, it is sometimes an option for patients to do an FUT hair transplant after maxing out of FUE's . They would just be aware that they may need to keep donor hair at different length to cover scars.

Dr. Charles what is your view on getting a strip surgery after extensive FUE? Do you feel that the grafts will be difficult to dissect due to sub dermal scarring. Which is best to perform first FUSS or FUE and why? 

• Like 1

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

5 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

This isn't magically something you can achieve when taking 6500 grafts, Without a doubt your donor is approaching its limits for FUE and you still have 80% of the potential NW5 area that could bald and need to be replaced. The doctor without a doubt lied if they said this. Slightly sceptical there is 6500 grafts there also, how many went into the beard?

This is exactly what I thought when I saw the pictures. I am (a lot) more than slightly skeptical though. I think this was not a good idea at 20 and using grafts in the beard too. When I read the original post, I assumed he meant he had taken grafts from the beard. You definitely need to get on medication ASAP. I don't take it myself but you have forced your own hand by doing this. You can't afford any loss now. What did the doctor say was your overall donor count? Do you have a picture of the donor?

• Like 1

I really, really hope that this works out for you and you don't end up regretting using so many grafts for the beard. But since what's done is done, happy growing! :)

If you can, update this thread once you start seeing results. We don't see a lot of beard transplants around here so it would be cool to see how this turns out. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

6500 FU at 20 years seems like a record. Not sure if that is a good sign.

I do not have a great beard either but had significant new growth of beard hairs after the age of 20. I do not think it is a good idea to have beard transplant that early. Also: The hipster beard will get out of fashion sooner or later. Then it is a waste anyway.

I wish you the very best. Work looks clear, but I still hope that Jean is correct and this is not 6500 FU.