5297 grafts at ASMED, Dr. Koray Erdogan

redlord

Looks great and very good pics.  Looks like you have good hair characteristics and that frontal BIG tuft probably saved you at least 500+ grafts - always good to have some frontal hair that is terminal right in the middle if you are losing - I think it helps in the overall transition of the frontal hairline from side to side and straight on.

Good luck and enjoy your journey back to more hair!

7 hours ago, jjsrader said:

Looks great and very good pics.  Looks like you have good hair characteristics and that frontal BIG tuft probably saved you at least 500+ grafts - always good to have some frontal hair that is terminal right in the middle if you are losing - I think it helps in the overall transition of the frontal hairline from side to side and straight on.

Good luck and enjoy your journey back to more hair!

Yea, that tuft was always helpful. I'm tall, and not a lot of people can see top of my head unless I sit down. So that tuft of hair always hide the baldness behind it and people think I still have a lot of hair.

3 hours ago, hanginginthewire said:

What Norwood pattern were you?  

I don't really know my Norwood pattern. May 4 or 5.

6 minutes ago, wheretogo said:

congrats man.

8 hours ago, Rawkerboi said:

Work looks great!

Keep the updates coming

Sure, I just completed the first month. Currently in the shedding phase. Will post photos once I noticed any significant changes.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 8/6/2018 at 3:05 AM, redlord said:

Yea, that tuft was always helpful. I'm tall, and not a lot of people can see top of my head unless I sit down. So that tuft of hair always hide the baldness behind it and people think I still have a lot of hair.

I don't really know my Norwood pattern. May 4 or 5.

It’s interesting to me that people often seem fuzzy on what NW pattern they are.  I get the impression that the success of a hair transplant largely hinges upon how advanced your emerging pattern is going to be.  

Anyway looks real good I wish you much success.  Very brave of you to take the plunge, I’m still wringing my hands and waiting to dive in, I envy you guys who move forward.  

Edited by hanginginthewire

1 minute ago, hanginginthewire said:

Would you have considered FUT

Never, I am just scared of those big cuts.

Moreover, I was told that I had a lot of donor hair, a lil over 11000, and size of my hair is 69 micron. Dr Koray told me that a patient like me is a dream of every HT doctor, lol.

So with that many available donor and good hair thickness, I believe FUE is the best choice. Or am I wrong?

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, redlord said:

Never, I am just scared of those big cuts.

Moreover, I was told that I had a lot of donor hair, a lil over 11000, and size of my hair is 69 micron. Dr Koray told me that a patient like me is a dream of every HT doctor, lol.

So with that many available donor and good hair thickness, I believe FUE is the best choice. Or am I wrong?

What’s the game plan if you lose more hair / need another transplant?  The doc told you that you had 11000 grafts?  That can be extracted?  I thought for FUE around 6000 was the upper limit.  

1 hour ago, redlord said:

You are wrong that FUE is the best choice simply because of your prodigious donor and hair caliber.  It means that you may be a candidate for either surgery (depending on laxity) and you should use other criteria to make the decision between FUE and FUT.  I’m not saying you made the wrong decision though, not at all. FUE is a great procedure. It’s just that there are other factors to consider as well. Regardless, you made a good choice for you and your procedure looks like it is on track for success. 

Edited by Spaceman

10 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

You are wrong that FUE is the best choice simply because of your prodigious donor and hair caliber.  It means that you may be a candidate for either surgery (depending on laxity) and you should use other criteria to make the decision between FUE and FUT.  I’m not saying you made the wrong decision though, not at all. FUE is a great procedure. It’s just that there are other factors to consider as well. Regardless, you made a good choice for you and your procedure looks like it is on track for success. 

What other criteria should be used?  

49 minutes ago, hanginginthewire said:

What’s the game plan if you lose more hair / need another transplant?  The doc told you that you had 11000 grafts?  That can be extracted?  I thought for FUE around 6000 was the upper limit.  

I am not gonna have my 2nd transplant any time soon, even if I keep loosing hair i'll wait another 10 years to consider a second one. I don't mind a lil thinning in my hair. I think its a part of life when you are growing old. But if the hair fall becomes crazy like all the hair from top of the head are gone, i'll consider the 2nd HT sooner than.

1 hour ago, hanginginthewire said:

What other criteria should be used?  

Some of the longest threads on this board are dedicated to the topic of FUT vs FUE, with advantages and disadvantages proposed and debated. 

It really depends on your situation, goals, and personal preferences. For example, if a patient with 11000 donor grafts available was NW7 and he wanted to transplant all of them he would probably want to consider FUT.  

Hi redlord,

thanks for sharing the 3 month update, I can't really tell if there is some improvement in the hair because of the different lighting, but it does seem to be thicker in the 3rd month.

I had a transplant 2 months ago and I'm seeing a few hairs sprout up, since you are saying you have fine hair growing, when did you start noticing the growth ? and at 3 month are they long hairs or still just new baby hairs sprouting up?

3 hours ago, hairaway said:

Hi redlord,

thanks for sharing the 3 month update, I can't really tell if there is some improvement in the hair because of the different lighting, but it does seem to be thicker in the 3rd month.

I had a transplant 2 months ago and I'm seeing a few hairs sprout up, since you are saying you have fine hair growing, when did you start noticing the growth ? and at 3 month are they long hairs or still just new baby hairs sprouting up?

It was after 2 months when I started noticing those fine hair sprouting. They are actually getting longer, but they are kind of blonde and really thin so you cannot see them in the pictures. Hopefully they will gain some volume in coming months.

And almost every other day I see some fallen hair which are thin from the root side end but thicker from the other end, Don't know what's up with these kind of hair.

• 5 weeks later...

4 month update. The new hair are still growing but are way shorter and thinner than the originals. I guess they will take some time to mature. If I touch my scalp I can still feel new hair sprouting. For now the hair are getting better every week.

2018-11-07 20.01.19.jpg

2018-11-07 19.58.57.jpg

2018-11-07 19.58.04.jpg

2018-11-07 19.56.25.jpg

2018-11-07 19.54.53.jpg

2018-11-07 19.54.14.jpg

2018-11-07 19.52.32.jpg

2018-11-07 19.51.33.jpg

• 1 month later...