• Administrators

In my experience the grafts shed around the third week. The process takes a few days. But everyone is different so my experience may be different than yours.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It's not uniform for all, but most start within a few weeks of the procedure, you'll see plenty in the shower and on your pillow.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Spex

Wondering why u still need transplant's. 

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think you have been having transplantation done at regular intervals in the last 10 years . My question is .... why so many ? And even the fact that you have been using propecia since 10 years or more regularly.  

Thanks for the replies! So it seems the process starts within 4 weeks of the procedure. Once the process of shedding starts, how long before it completely sheds? A few days? A few hours? Melvin has suggested a few days but also suggests it may be different for other people (so could it be just a few hours for some people?).

On 8/2/2018 at 4:58 AM, TrixGlendevon said:

Thanks for the replies! So it seems the process starts within 4 weeks of the procedure. Once the process of shedding starts, how long before it completely sheds? A few days? A few hours? Melvin has suggested a few days but also suggests it may be different for other people (so could it be just a few hours for some people?).

It really all just depends. Once it starts, it can be sudden or gradual - and no matter how they shed, it won't have an impact on your longterm results. 

It's the same with the growth of the grafts... You can start to see growth as early as 3/4 months, but sometimes it won't start until later, and the rate at which it grows isn't indicative of how the final result will be either. Just remember to be patient. :)

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

8 hours ago, pkipling said:

It really all just depends. Once it starts, it can be sudden or gradual - and no matter how they shed, it won't have an impact on your longterm results. 

It's the same with the growth of the grafts... You can start to see growth as early as 3/4 months, but sometimes it won't start until later, and the rate at which it grows isn't indicative of how the final result will be either. Just remember to be patient. :)

Hey! Thanks for the reply and the info. I actually already knew about the final result thing and the 3/4 month growth thing. What I was basically asking is if there is any risk of going to the toilet in a bar with some grafts and then coming back with them all having fallen out (for example). I see the answer is no though so all good.