FUE with Dr. Sahar Nadimi (Scheduled)

First of all, I'd like to thank everyone for sharing their experience, suggestions, and opinions on hair loss. This community has helped me in answering some of my hair transplant questions. So, I'm starting this topic to journal and share my experience. I would like to give back to the community that helped me, and I sincerely hope this will help others in making an informed decision.

A little bit about me:

I'm a 33-year-old man from India. I currently live in the U.S. No one in my family had any signs of baldness. So, I'm probably paving the path for the future generations. 

My scalp used to be like a dense Amazon rainforest (except for no animals). Then one beautiful day I was thrilled that I got a job and in a couple of months, I noticed something. Yes, you guessed it right, my hair started falling off, and the epic deforestation continues.

To reduce hair loss and strengthen my existing hair follicles, I’m applying Rogaine to my crown area every day before going to bed and taking Country Life Maxi-Men every day from a couple of years (noticed that hair and nails look healthier).

First hair transplant (FUT):
I got my first FUT procedure five years ago from Dr. Konior, and the results are extraordinary. At that time I had a case of III-A on Norwood scale. About 2800 grafts were harvested on the frontal scalp area along the hairline into the mid-scalp. 

Current: Second hair transplant (FUE):

Now, I’m more like a case V on Norwood scale except the frontal section because that was already covered in my first procedure. I've noticed a significant thinning in the crown towards mid-scalp area (not glaring bald, mind you). So, I thought it’s time to get a second procedure. 

Naturally, I contacted Dr. Konior via virtual consultation a couple of months ago. He answered my questions and gave me feedback. Coming to the schedule itself, he told me that he was booked up for the next one year, but has a new associate, Dr. Sahar Nadimi, who has sooner dates available. He told me that he trained her in medical school, but doesn’t supervise her because she consistently delivers excellent results.

Consultation with Dr. Nadimi:

I've sent my photos (as described on the website) to her for initial feedback. Then I had a FaceTime consultation with Dr. Nadimi. She looked at my scalp (of course over the video) and answered all my questions. She suggested at least 1500 grafts, and at the end of the consultation, she sent me a quotation for the FUE procedure.

Considering all the parameters, I’ve scheduled to get my next FUE done in Mid August (about three weeks from now) by Dr. Nadimi.

Final thoughts:

I’m very excited for my next hair transplant and looking forward to it. I will try to keep you all posted on my progress as much as I can. Do not hesitate to ask me any questions. I also want to make it clear that if I don’t post as much as I think I would, please ask. It will motivate me to post if I forget.  

• Administrators

Do you mind posting pictures of your current hair loss? Please keep us updated on your progress when you have your procedure.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• Administrators

Thanks for posting these photos, the work from Dr. Konoir looks really good. Looking forward to your updates.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Work from Dr Konior looks very good frontal. Any reason why you went with FUT for 1st procedure? I know its your personal choice but I am also in similar situation like you were 5 years ago and I am getting prepared for my 1st HT procedure in next few months or a year and not able to decide to go with FUT or FUE as all top tier doctors in US suggesting to go FUT 1st and then FUE. Appreciate any inputs. Thaks

15 minutes ago, karsri said:

Work from Dr Konior looks very good frontal. Any reason why you went with FUT for 1st procedure? I know its your personal choice but I am also in similar situation like you were 5 years ago and I am getting prepared for my 1st HT procedure in next few months or a year and not able to decide to go with FUT or FUE as all top tier doctors in US suggesting to go FUT 1st and then FUE. Appreciate any inputs. Thaks

@karsri Three reasons why I went with FUT.

1. As you've already mentioned because it's my procedure and Dr. Konior also recommended FUT based on of my scalp elasticity of donor area 
  2. FUE 5-6 years ago is not as advanced as it is today and there was a tiny bit of uncertainty on the yield 
  3. The relative cost of the FUE procedure back then was very expensive 

Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

For the record, there is no such thing as FUT versus FUE. FUE is one of the two donor harvesting techniques of FUT. The other one is tricky surgery or follicular unit strip surgery / FUSS.  

That said, strip surgery is still a very viable done harvesting technique that produces outstanding results. That is, assuming you’ve chosen an excellent surgeon which obviously you did with Dr. Konior.  

Best wishes,

Bill

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...