Age appropriate haircuts, "the fade" needs to "fade" away!

Betterhair

Okay so this haircut possibly termed "the fade" has been around what 3 years now ?? Anyway, this is obviously just my take and perspective on this but it just doesn't suite us if we are say 30 and up. Sides are buzzed short then you have this plume of overgrown hair on top resembling a peacock mutation of sorts. It definitely suits kids and teenagers because they are goofy but not middle aged men. 

Its amazing how trends are copied and some fall into the realm of copycat just to look cool. This haircut could possibly  be fueling the FUT movement since you can still shave your head in the back with no visible scaring. If you have one of these fades, don't take this post personally but it's not just me that has this viewpoint. 

Yes, I understand that fads come and go but when it comes to how we dress, carry ourselves and what hairstyle we choose, all of the above should be relative and appropriate to our age. With that being said you can obviously do what the heck you want but I personally will not be sporting a child's haircut.

Thoughts ??

Are you referring more to the kid brad or the kid david?

https://hairstyleonpoint.com/brad-pitts-fury-hairstyle/

http://www.stylesnew.com/hairstyles/celebrity-hairstyles/david-beckham/

Don't get me wrong, I prefer more conservative hairstyles myself. But if you complaining to much about "kids" hair, it is a sign that you are getting an old fart ;-)

Edited by Gasthoerer

• Administrators

The fade has been around a lot longer than 3 years. I think you may be referring to an undercut. Which was actually really popular in the 40’s and had a resurgence in 2014. To be honest, the undercut is a classic hairstyle, but it got way too popular and to many men wear the style now. The disconnected undercut I believe is what you’re talking about something like this right ?

3045EADA-9281-4B2A-9E21-84AA6F836F50.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

6 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

The fade has been around a lot longer than 3 years. I think you may be referring to an undercut. Which was actually really popular in the 40’s and had a resurgence in 2014. To be honest, the undercut is a classic hairstyle, but it got way too popular and to many men wear the style now. The disconnected undercut I believe is what you’re talking about something like this right ?

3045EADA-9281-4B2A-9E21-84AA6F836F50.jpeg

Yes, that's it! I see 50 year olds sporting this. The 1940's , interesting.

maybe I should bend the rules a little when my hair comes in and give it a try :)

• Administrators

Yea the undercut is similar to those hipster style mustaches, it’s definitely a classic look that became hipster. In my opinion, the modern comb over is a more suitable style for guys in our 30’s. 

8E87B725-9B1E-4325-A757-0A4A0221AE5A.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Actually, that pic looks pretty good.

i would like to take this opportunity to apologize for my post on this. I didn't mean to offend anyone and maybe I should have given more thought to my word choices, ideas and overall thought on this. 

I just have been confused when I see some men in their 40's and 50's sporting this undercut but call me old fashioned, I will be more positive. At least they have hair !

chow for now

Brad Pitt was late 40s in Fury and he looked pretty bad a$$ .

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

If you have the hair to pull it off and the barber is decent, chances are it will look good even on a guy in his sixties. Tends to look better on guys who are slimmer also.

Edited by JeanLDD