Dr. Bhatti 1985 Grafts - July 17, 2018

jg23

Hi Everyone,

I wanted to share my experience and give back to the community as the forums have helped me greatly over the years.

I am 27 years old and have been gradually losing my hair since I was 20.  Mainly the frontal area is where the loss has been the most.  I have been on/off fin and min.

I recently flew out from Vancouver, Canada to Chandigarh, India to have Dr.  Bhatti address my frontal area with 1985 grafts.  Everything was professional and went smoothly.  I won't go into extreme detail and will let my progress/results do the talking. That being said, I am happy to answer any questions and will answer with as much detail as possible!

I have attached pre, post, and 10 day post op photos.

20180728_005732.jpg

20180728_005711.jpg

20180728_005656.jpg

20180728_005036.jpg

20180728_005207.jpg

20180728_011644.jpg

20180719_181917.jpg

20180728_005315.jpg

20180719_181928.jpg

20180719_181942.jpg

20180728_004708.jpg

20180728_000349.jpg

20180728_004615.jpg

20180728_004512.jpg

20180728_004414.jpg

20180728_004315.jpg

20180728_004157.jpg

20180728_002952.jpg

Edited by jg23

Seems that you did not have much shock loss as the native hair is already growing. That is good news.  You had quite some hair left in the treated area, that makes it hard to judge how many grafts you need(ed). What was the future plan dicussed with the clinic?

Side question: Why did you chose Bhatti over the Canadien clinics? Did you visit them before? This is just out of my curiosity, I am not in anyway try to sugest that Bhatti was a wrong choice. I just know many guys flying from europe to canada and you fly form canada to india ?

Keep us updated and grow well.

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Seems that you did not have much shock loss as the native hair is already growing. That is good news.  You had quite some hair left in the treated area, that makes it hard to judge how many grafts you need(ed). What was the future plan dicussed with the clinic?

Side question: Why did you chose Bhatti over the Canadien clinics? Did you visit them before? This is just out of my curiosity, I am not in anyway try to sugest that Bhatti was a wrong choice. I just know many guys flying from europe to canada and you fly form canada to india ?

Keep us updated and grow well.

Hi Gasthoerer,

The plan is to preserve and maintain the crown area as well as the conservative hairline constructed with regular use of fin/min.  I purposely did not go too aggressive with the hairline and did not get any temple points done because I don't want to play catch up in the future.  I didnt want to have to deal with potential patches in case the temples went back more or if the native hair on top completely thins.  I feel I can maintain the crown/new hairline with meds and worst case i can go for another ht for added density on top to maintain this look.

I did consult with a lot of Canadian and American clinics, but I couldn't justify spending 18-20k on a ht.  It didnt make sense to me to spend that much money while knowing that a equally qualified Dr. Bhatti could do the same procedure for a more reasonable price.  Secondly, my family is originally from India so I felt comfortable going there to have this procedure done.  It didnt feel intimidating to go to India as it's a familiar place for me.  

• Thanks 2

On 7/28/2018 at 10:05 AM, wjc1979 said:

I had my procedure with Dr Bhatti the day before you, and it looks like you're progressing about the same as I am. Good luck and I'll be interested to see your updates. 

Likewise! 

• 2 weeks later...

Some 3 week post op photos.  All of the scabs came off on the 14th day.  A fair number of hairs were also attached to the scabs. Dr. Bhatti assured me this was normal and that the hairs will regrow as they are still planted beneath the skin.  

I'm heading back to work soon and I'm thinking about using some toppik on the transplanted area to blend in with the rest of the scalp. Anybody think this is a bad idea?

20180808_005601.jpg

20180808_005507.jpg

20180808_005416.jpg

20180808_005253.jpg

20180808_005106.jpg

20180808_004832.jpg

20180808_004610.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Looks good .. ur grafts are

already secure .. if u feel like u need some toppik It should be okay .. otherwise with ur buzz cut right now .. n not that much redness .. u look normal .. don’t really need anything but to wait it out .. good luck . 

23 hours ago, Lt. Dangle said:

They look like old fashion plugs. Why are the grafts spaced so far apart? I see this with every post concerning this HT doctor? This guy is recommended here?

You’ve got to be kidding right? This is now the second post of yours I’ve seen that is purposefully discrediting an excellent surgeon. You can even tell by the three-week pictures  that the transplanted hair is ultra refined. Frankly, you can tell that went all grows in, he’s going to have a really nice head of hair. There is nothing “plug he“ about this at all and it is obvious that you are only here to cause trouble. Now that I see that you were here only to troll and spam this community with misinformation and agenda, I have removed your post and privileges. 

Go pedal your hate and malcontent somewhere else. 

Regards,

Bill

• Like 2

On 8/8/2018 at 6:07 PM, jg23 said:

Some 3 week post op photos.  All of the scabs came off on the 14th day.  A fair number of hairs were also attached to the scabs. Dr. Bhatti assured me this was normal and that the hairs will regrow as they are still planted beneath the skin.  

I'm heading back to work soon and I'm thinking about using some toppik on the transplanted area to blend in with the rest of the scalp. Anybody think this is a bad idea?

Hi mate, did you end up using Toppik? Was it ok on top of the transplanted hair?

7 hours ago, OzzyBoy said:

Hi mate, did you end up using Toppik? Was it ok on top of the transplanted hair?

I did end up using it with no issues.  I just made sure to wash it out at the end of the day.

• 1 month later...

Quick update at the three month mark.  Native hair has grown back and looking like I'm starting to get out of the ugly duckling phase. Hoping for more hairs to sprout and thicken in the midscalp plus hairline in the next 3 months to come.

20181021_124817.jpg

20181021_125139.jpg

20181021_125037.jpg

20181021_124605.jpg

Edited by jg23

On 8/23/2018 at 9:53 AM, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

You’ve got to be kidding right? This is now the second post of yours I’ve seen that is purposefully discrediting an excellent surgeon. You can even tell by the three-week pictures  that the transplanted hair is ultra refined. Frankly, you can tell that went all grows in, he’s going to have a really nice head of hair. There is nothing “plug he“ about this at all and it is obvious that you are only here to cause trouble. Now that I see that you were here only to troll and spam this community with misinformation and agenda, I have removed your post and privileges. 

Go pedal your hate and malcontent somewhere else. 

Regards,

Bill

I disagree with your comment. Dr. Bhatti’s HT is sparse compared to others that I have seen. 

I have have done my HT with Dr Bhatti. Results were okiesh. I think, it paid justice to amount I paid. 

Overall, I had a good regrowth and head looked fuller due to finnestribe and Rogain in the first year. When I stopped that thickness went away and you can see sparse hairline. 

When I had the procedure, I kind of anticipated that results would be somewha

Somewhat anticipated results. 

At my price point 2 years ago he was good choice. If money wasn’t the limiting factor, I would have considered something else. 

I will consider him under good category but not great.

This is my personal opinion based on my experience, 

• 3 months later...