Can we get a section of today’s posts?

Legend007

Can we get a section of  all the posts of the day .. Not everyone can check up on this forum constantly n I like to keep up with the things .. but so far the update to this website has been great .. more traffic n fun posts lately .. thanks 

• Administrators

We do have a today’s posts section if you’re on the mobile, click on the menu bar  on top left corner and then you will see the screen below. 

03CC6655-ED66-4E0F-AFD6-D6DFF783442F.png

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Legend,

Also, currently that today’s post this link shows all of the posts but it will show you them as posts instead of topics. That means, if a particular topic was updated five times in one day, it will show up five different times but clicking on each link will take you to each individual‘s post on that topic. Personally, I find that a bit irritating so I’m in the process of having that changes.  

However, to change that manually temporarily, click on today’s posts and then click on the “show filters” option.   Then click “show“ and choose “content only”.

See the below screenshot. 

87AD61C9-B3E6-46DC-BAAE-EF261A6867AD.png

Thanks u guys .. this forum is the best .. much better than the baldtruth forum .. even though I Like joe n  spencer,, but this is the forum if u want the real truth about hairloss, meds n surgery .. the regulars are great ,. Everyone has their own personalities n perspective which makes it fun to check out the forum when I’m working .. :)    N also learning n educate myself n help others..

but what I like most is this forum stands by their doctors n patients n forum members . Makes me feel comfortable losing my hair .. n not feel lost on what to do bout it ., I was pretty scared losing my hair .. hairloss is a personal issue that u cant really talk to ur friends or family n u can only google so much n not know what’s true or not .. or which clinic are good or not .. this is the forum to start the baseline of educating urself about hairloss n have some support .. thanks :) 

Legend,

Thank you so much for all the compliments, that means a lot to us. We’ve worked hard to not only innovate and create a unique and distinct forum with features that make it easy to find information and the best doctors,  but we believe in holding doctors accountable for their actions  and will always work to help patients resolve their issues and concerns In the event that one of our recommended doctors no longer stands behind their patients or  it becomes obvious that there is a problem, their recommendation will be promptly discontinued. 

By the way, how do you like the actual usability and cosmetics of this news for him compared to other forums  and in compared to the old one? 

Best wishes,

Bill

• Administrators

I will like to just add on to what Bill said, I am glad you guys are liking the new forum. Personally, I feel it is now modern and the features are amazing, now you can link a photo and it appears full size, no need to embed through another site like imgur. Also, the emojis are literally just like a smart phone, the tags make it so much easier to search for topics. With that said, I would really love to hear what the community thinks of the improvements. Are there any areas they'd like to see improved?

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

View my thread

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Love the new site ,great improvement much more user friendly   As I said to you Melvin I would like the option of being able to select option of only members being able to view my pics which was possible in the old site .

Layout is really good- looks like something that flows with todays technology.  Easier to post via iphone rather then the popups that were utilized previously.  

Can we add more features?  Podcasts?  Q and A call ins?  Surgeon Q and A’s once in a while over the phone and live events?  

Does HTN plan on hosting any events?  

• Administrators
11 minutes ago, Sean said:

Layout is really good- looks like something that flows with todays technology.  Easier to post via iphone rather then the popups that were utilized previously.  

Can we add more features?  Podcasts?  Q and A call ins?  Surgeon Q and A’s once in a while over the phone and live events?  

Thanks for the suggestions Sean,

we do have a hair loss Q and A blog that is filled with good information. The podcast is something that is worth looking in to. It all depends on whether there is an audience for it, I’m not sure about hosting events, that would be difficult for a multitude of reasons. But I love the suggestions and feedback keep it coming guys.

• Like 1

View my thread

On 7/29/2018 at 4:26 AM, Mick50 said:

Love the new site ,great improvement much more user friendly   As I said to you Melvin I would like the option of being able to select option of only members being able to view my pics which was possible in the old site .

Mick,

Thanks for your suggestion. We can contact the makers of the software and put in a request for future updates. Though we have truly customized their solution to meet our needs, there are certain aspects of the software that we can’t customize. That includes that type of functionality. On one hand, I agree that it would be nice to allow members to upload photos for members to see only. On the other hand,  The primary purpose of this for him is to enable anyone seeking hair restoration solutions to research our forum and view its contents. Not everybody wants to join just to search and surf the web. People tend to only to join if they want to post.  

Therefore, I feel like by implementing this feature, we are limiting  fellow hair loss sufferers who are looking for real information quickly without wanting to join and post  and preventing them from seeing certain before and after pictures that would help them make a decision. Of course, if they really want to see certain pictures they can always join but some people may become frustrated and leave the site and go somewhere else. 

Imagine of all members decided to restrict their photos to members only. If that happens, then 95% of the people who find our forum would never find what you’re looking for. Most of them will probably leave rather than join.   And truthfully, I really only want to encourage people to join if they plan on posting. 

Anyway, I just wanted to provide my two cents on this. But I can certainly put in the request and see what the programmers say. 

Best wishes,

Bill

3 hours ago, Sean said:

Melvin already Provided an excellent response but I just wanted to comment on hosting events. Given the global nature of our discussion forum and our members, I’m not exactly sure what kind of event we can’t really host.   That said, there are times when we attend the annual ISHRS conference that we might host an event for anyone who’s there, mostly doctors but sometimes patients will attend and if they do, they are welcome to attend our events.    There is a possibility that we may be attending this year‘s meeting and if we do, then we may be hosting an event.  

We will certainly let you know if we do decide to attend and host such an event but even then, there’s usually a cost to attend the ISHRS event  but in many cases, doctors do often pay for patients to show them  and the results off at the conference. There is always a patient showing at the meeting so keep that in mind ?

best wishes,

Bill

• Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 5:31 AM, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Melvin already Provided an excellent response but I just wanted to comment on hosting events. Given the global nature of our discussion forum and our members, I’m not exactly sure what kind of event we can’t really host.   That said, there are times when we attend the annual ISHRS conference that we might host an event for anyone who’s there, mostly doctors but sometimes patients will attend and if they do, they are welcome to attend our events.    There is a possibility that we may be attending this year‘s meeting and if we do, then we may be hosting an event.  

We will certainly let you know if we do decide to attend and host such an event but even then, there’s usually a cost to attend the ISHRS event  but in many cases, doctors do often pay for patients to show them  and the results off at the conference. There is always a patient showing at the meeting so keep that in mind ?

best wishes,

Bill

Bill, is there a way for a patients to tag along for the hosting event?  I am guessing there are tons of folks there that can provide valuable advice?  Where are these events usually located?  In the US or outside?  How many patients are shown? From each doc or a few here and there?

I really hope you guys consider podcasts and other elements.  Manpower may be needed, but it may be a good tool where some members can call in and talk.  Im thinking most folks are free on weekends so, that might be a good day to do it.  The Weekend Podcast at Hair Restoration Network. I do not think it is done anywhere  on weekends, but that name is all you if you want to get in on it.  Just throwing some suggestions.  

Your forum has gotten a lot user friendly.  I am liking the feel and haven’t really encountered any errors yet.  I noticed that previous signatures just started showing up.  I guess you guys are still tweaking previous elements to work with this new format.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators
2 hours ago, Sean said:

Also, how does one modify their signatures with this new forum layout?  

Hi Sean,

on your mobile device, click on your name on the top right corner, click account settings and then settings area. You will see the prompt to change the signature. 

9875E24E-3EBC-4405-A191-FE5B1CB7831A.png

2DE0096E-4481-4E07-9E70-6B9E2EAEAAF7.jpeg

4AFE679B-1DEF-45BE-819C-02F1C4ABE949.jpeg

View my thread

On 8/6/2018 at 10:27 AM, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Mick,

Thanks for your suggestion. We can contact the makers of the software and put in a request for future updates. Though we have truly customized their solution to meet our needs, there are certain aspects of the software that we can’t customize. That includes that type of functionality. On one hand, I agree that it would be nice to allow members to upload photos for members to see only. On the other hand,  The primary purpose of this for him is to enable anyone seeking hair restoration solutions to research our forum and view its contents. Not everybody wants to join just to search and surf the web. People tend to only to join if they want to post.  

Therefore, I feel like by implementing this feature, we are limiting  fellow hair loss sufferers who are looking for real information quickly without wanting to join and post  and preventing them from seeing certain before and after pictures that would help them make a decision. Of course, if they really want to see certain pictures they can always join but some people may become frustrated and leave the site and go somewhere else. 

Imagine of all members decided to restrict their photos to members only. If that happens, then 95% of the people who find our forum would never find what you’re looking for. Most of them will probably leave rather than join.   And truthfully, I really only want to encourage people to join if they plan on posting. 

Anyway, I just wanted to provide my two cents on this. But I can certainly put in the request and see what the programmers say. 

Best wishes,

Bill

Fair enough Bill, we always have the option to not show our faces, so I agree it's good for hair loss sufferers to se as many actual patients results as possible .