How do I go back to work ?! Holy crap !

1 hour ago, True said:

I would just let it be.

I'd be terrified of damaging the grafts.

The grafts cannot be damaged outside 10 days post op. Maybe an moderator can chime in here. From what my doc informed me and some research, once the hair follicle takes root, you are fine and again that's around 10 days. 

Now I guess one can get an infection but I don't know if that can interfere with the follicles.

• Administrators
41 minutes ago, made2care said:

The grafts cannot be damaged outside 10 days post op. Maybe an moderator can chime in here. From what my doc informed me and some research, once the hair follicle takes root, you are fine and again that's around 10 days. 

Now I guess one can get an infection but I don't know if that can interfere with the follicles.

You are correct, based on a study conducted by coalition surgeon Dr. Bernstein, after 9 days grafts are securely anchored in to the scalp. However, powerful UV rays can interfere with the healing process. Therefore, it’s good idea to wear a hat while outside for the first few months. 

https://www.bernsteinmedical.com/research/graft-anchoring-in-hair-transplantation/

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

7 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

You are correct, based on a study conducted by coalition surgeon Dr. Bernstein, after 9 days grafts are securely anchored in to the scalp. However, powerful UV rays can interfere with the healing process. Therefore, it’s good idea to wear a hat while outside for the first few months. 

https://www.bernsteinmedical.com/research/graft-anchoring-in-hair-transplantation/

Is 7 months ok to be outside in the sun without a hair for extended period of time? Especially here in Houston when it's like a 100 in the summer. 

• Administrators
12 hours ago, newpatient99 said:

Is 7 months ok to be outside in the sun without a hair for extended period of time? Especially here in Houston when it's like a 100 in the summer. 

Yea at 7 months it’s fine, most of the grafts are already beginning to sprout and you’re pretty much healed. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

13 hours ago, newpatient99 said:

I just want to add my thoughts here. Technically, you should never be outside in the sun for an extended period time without sunscreen. Your hair transplant will be fine, but Over exposure to the sun could lead to skin problems. I strongly Recommend either covering your head with a hat or wearing sunscreen on your scouts if you will be in the Shaun’s for an extended period of time. And this is it because of your hair transplant at this point, it’s just to protect your skin.

Best wishes,

Bill

• 2 weeks later...

Just comb it best you can and just say you had a really bad sunburn - if anyone asks! 

Most people won't care or even casually notice, we're all too busy taking selfies.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

And yet another question? A moderator might have the answer for this. I am 5 weeks post op and about half of the recipient site hairs have shed. I guess the rest will shed in time. Here's my question, if a transplanted graft /hair does not shed nor grow, does it mean that graft did not take?

3 hours ago, made2care said:

Well, I start work Tuesday. I'm going to order Dermatch today. I have worn a hat everyday when I'm outside. 

Quick question on dermatch . This won't irritate the recipient site , correct?

I use Dermatch stuff definitely helps Conceal but also been using this other stuff for years and years called  Roux Tween Time Instant Concealer Touch-Up Stick. I don't know if anyone else here is using it but stuff cost peanuts and works great personally like it better then Dermatch

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=Roux+Tween+Time+Light+Brown+&_sacat=0&_sop=15

Edited by Markee
  • Like 1

Okay, went to work today and nobody noticed anything or commented. I managed to style the hair and sprinkle some infinity fibers on top. In addition to all this, the last time my colleagues saw me I was 25 lbs heavier. I have the summers off. So here I am thinking there was a possibility that they would not only notice my hair situation but also my weight loss. Nothing ! Not one comment on either. So I guess we sometimes  we assume that people can notice changes when in actuality, they are living their lives and don't really pay attention to details of others. 

On 8/14/2018 at 4:23 PM, made2care said:

Okay, went to work today and nobody noticed anything or commented. I managed to style the hair and sprinkle some infinity fibers on top. In addition to all this, the last time my colleagues saw me I was 25 lbs heavier. I have the summers off. So here I am thinking there was a possibility that they would not only notice my hair situation but also my weight loss. Nothing ! Not one comment on either. So I guess we sometimes  we assume that people can notice changes when in actuality, they are living their lives and don't really pay attention to details of others. 

Yes! We're all typically so focused on ourselves and our own insecurities that we generally don't even notice these types of things in others. It is fascinating though that they didn't notice a 25 pound loss in weight! That's quite a change in weight.... And congratulations on accomplishing that, assuming it's something you did intentionally. That takes some serious dedication and discipline. New body, new hair! 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

3 minutes ago, pkipling said:

Yes! We're all typically so focused on ourselves and our own insecurities that we generally don't even notice these types of things in others. It is fascinating though that they didn't notice a 25 pound loss in weight! That's quite a change in weight.... And congratulations on accomplishing that, assuming it's something you did intentionally. That takes some serious dedication and discipline. New body, new hair! 

Weight loss was intentional. My blood pressure was going up along with weight. I started walking each day and cut out bread, fried foods, pasta, sugar and so on. I did get a comment from one colleague that said I looked good and what I did. Yes, it took a lot of discipline, especially on my little holiday trips throughout the summer. Feel much better and thanks. I plan on losing an additional 5-8 lbs but my wife doesn't think I have to . I'm 6'3 went from 245 to current 220.

1 minute ago, made2care said:

Weight loss was intentional. My blood pressure was going up along with weight. I started walking each day and cut out bread, fried foods, pasta, sugar and so on. I did get a comment from one colleague that said I looked good and what I did. Yes, it took a lot of discipline, especially on my little holiday trips throughout the summer. Feel much better and thanks. I plan on losing an additional 5-8 lbs but my wife doesn't think I have to . I'm 6'3 went from 245 to current 220.

That's impressive. It's very inspiring to see you made the changes that you needed to make for the betterment of your life and to set yourself up for the best possible future. Most people I know with similar issues would rather take a blood pressure pill than make the changes they need to prevent them from needing the pill in the first place.  

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

1 hour ago, hanginginthewire said:

What Norwood were you, made2care?

1 hour ago, hanginginthewire said:

What Norwood were you, made2care?

Interesting that you asked. I asked Arocha this during my consultation and he said a 6. I responded "really" in total disbelief. My hair is very thick and medium curly. He also informed me after the transplant I would be around a 2-3. 

I still couldn't believe I had reached a 6. I only had frontal region covered. My crown is thinning aggressively, so that obviously contributed. I guess I look around at others who are shiny bald and I'm not that. I thought I was a 4. 

• Thanks 1