Dutasteride efficacy!!?

Hank9

Haven't delved too far into the oral minodoxil but I figured it was a recent thing on the market given I'd not heard of it before. However, seems like it's been around since the 80s but was never FDA approved for hairloss. Is it more widely accepted/considered safe these days?

I tried topical minoxidil for a few months when I was about 20. I seem to remember it briefly slowed the number of hairs in my shower, but then picked up again.

As for your reset question, interesting theory. However, given I've not yet noticed any slowing on the Dut, don't think the reset would work with me ;)

Just a quick update: Just approaching the 6 month mark on Avodart and have to admit that I am currently shedding TONS at present. Not that I count hairs, but it looks like I'm shedding at least 200 hairs per shower. It looks quite terrifying and very difficult not to freak out. And I still continue to lose hairs when I dry and style my hair.

Not really sure what's happening, and also not really sure if the size of a shed is a true indication of MPB (like if you're replacing those hairs, it doesn't matter - I read conflicting comments on it). I've always shed a lot - my hair is mega fine, so others have noted that I have seem to have more of it than other people in order to compensate.

However, I've definitely noticed an accelerated shedding over the last year, and that appears to have accelerated again in the last fortnight. It's certainly never dissipated since switched from Propecia to Avodart.

In terms of what's happening on my head, I think I've thinned a little, especially at the crown, but not a huge amount, it's always hard to tell with my hair.

Anyway, I've just renewed my Avodart prescription. As everyone has recommended, 6 months is definitely too short a period to truly gauge Dut's effectiveness, so need to stick it out for another 6 - 12 months at least.

Am sure you'd all love to see this, but this was the shed from my shower this morning! Not sure if I should be looking at other causes as to why I should be shedding so much?

IMG_20180928_115308.jpg

Edited by skinnyshaft