Shameless Bathroom Selfies

The first pic really reminds me of the 90s when there were still the backstreet boys and stuff. Was there a single guy in the world with a different hairstyle? ?

To support the guy who was asking questions: The difference between the first and the third pic is amazing. Especially the hairline does look good in one (#3) and bad in the other (#1). I can understand that someone close to a surgery could get nervous seeing that.

Ever thought of sporting a side part? There is a reason why men use that look for ages. Nothing hides thinning hair more than that (transplant or not) IMO.

32 minutes ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Just so you know, my first hair transplant was not with Dr. True. It is with Dr. Katz of Philadelphia.  My second hair transplant was with Dr. True and my third and fourth hair transplant were with Dr. Hasson.  

Bill

My mistake. Thank you for the clarification. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gasthoerer said:

The first pic really reminds me of the 90s when there were still the backstreet boys and stuff. Was there a single guy in the world with a different hairstyle? ?

To support the guy who was asking questions: The difference between the first and the third pic is amazing. Especially the hairline does look good in one (#3) and bad in the other (#1). I can understand that someone close to a surgery could get nervous seeing that.

Ever thought of sporting a side part? There is a reason why men use that look for ages. Nothing hides thinning hair more than that (transplant or not) IMO.

If you recall, my hair is usually short with my hair combed forward and my bangs spiked.   However, this is more of an experiment to grow my hair long to see what it looks like. I’m not really interested in Syling it to the side with a side part because frankly, I’m not a fan of that hairstyle. I understand the style maybe consider dating, but I’m growing it out longer so we will see what it looks like then ?

Everyone talks like transplants are the only hair that lighting effects. He's seen 20 old women who's hair looks less that desirable under harsh light. Relax folks. 

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Moderators

I can tell you that my own crappy looking hair looks several times more crappy under the fluorescent lights in my office at work. I hate taking pictures there!

• Like 1

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

11 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

If you recall, my hair is usually short with my hair combed forward and my bangs spiked.  ...  but I’m growing it out longer so we will see what it looks like then ?

Yes, I know your "standard" look. I think it is great to let your hair grow a little. Why? Because you can now. No other reason needed.

By the way, I did not talks about the current "hipster" side part. More classic like in "mad man". But hey,  it is your head and hair?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, literalno said:

Well if you saying everyone with a hair transplant looks like this under harshlight, saying that it always looks see through, I'm sorry but I find that rather hard to believe.

Would someone mind posting photos of themselves in harsh lighting?

Bill's hair looks totally natural and dense .I can assure  you it is true   over head harsh lighting   does make a difference to how the transplanted hair looks. In most lighting situations my hair look great[ including natural daylight ] especially as I was a NW 5 and had 4200 FUE grafts which isn't enough to give me total coverage ,I will be having a second transplant  in the future to add density in the front and mid-scalp  .

Of course I can only speak as a high NW maybe lower NW'S 2-3 may have results that look good in all lighting situations but actually I think Bill's hair looks dense even in the harsh lighting , you must  remember most Dr's show their results in favourable lighting ,not saying they're  being dishonest but as   I said a perfectly good solid  result  wont look its best in certain lighting situations ,and if you carn't accept that maybe you are not a suitable candidate in the first place .

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Mick50 said:

Bill's hair looks totally natural and dense .I can assure  you it is true   over head harsh lighting   does make a difference to how the transplanted hair looks. In most lighting situations my hair look great[ including natural daylight ] especially as I was a NW 5 and had 4200 FUE grafts which isn't enough to give me total coverage ,I will be having a second transplant  in the future to add density in the front and mid-scalp  .

Of course I can only speak as a high NW maybe lower NW'S 2-3 may have results that look good in all lighting situations but actually I think Bill's hair looks dense and natural even in the harsh lighting . You must  remember most Dr's show their results in   neutral   lighting  ,    a perfectly good solid  result  wont look its best under harsh over-head lighting  ,and if you can't  accept that maybe you are not a suitable candidate in the first place .

Edited by Mick50
  • Like 1

• Administrators
6 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

Yes, I know your "standard" look. I think it is great to let your hair grow a little. Why? Because you can now. No other reason needed.

By the way, I did not talks about the current "hipster" side part. More classic like in "mad man". But hey,  it is your head and hair?

What's wrong the hipster side part ? lol

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

14 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

What's wrong the hipster side part ? lol

Haha, nothing, but it requires very short hair at the sides and the back. Not sure if that is possible for Bill. Also: Not everyone wants to have the "Standard" look like all the others men ?

20 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Literal no,

I have literally had several reports from people who think you are a troll and ironically, just about every time I post something, you criticize me which I find ironic considering I’ve done nothing but try to help you. I don’t know exactly who you are or if you are a real genuine prospective patient or not. But I have already explained how harsh lighting impacts Howell a result looks. And you’re trying to tell me that you find it hard to believe? Is there a particular reason why you doubt what I’m saying? Why would I lie? I am the managing publisher of this community for a reason.  I have literally had several reports from people who think you are a troll and ironically, just about every time I post something, you criticize me which I find ironic considering I’ve done nothing but try to help you. I don’t know exactly who you are or if you are a real genuine prospective patient or not. But I have already explained how harsh lighting impacts Howell a result looks. And you’re trying to tell me that you find it hard to believe? Is there a particular reason why you doubt what I’m saying? Why would I lie? I am the managing publisher of this community for a reason. 

It’s also strange that you would ask for another picture when I have already provided additional pictures in this topic. You also saw pictures of my hairline provided by Melvin in another topic and I know you saw them so it’s obvious at this point you are just trolling and starting trouble. 

I will give you one more chance because it possible you are a genuine prospective patient to be more respect full and actually listen when people are providing you with Information. We have no reason to lie to you here so what we tell you is either our strong opinions or 100% the truth. In this case, there are  dozens if not hundreds of topics dedicated to how lighting impacts the way a hair transplant looks. 

Bill

Okay BIll,

This is the second time you've mentioned that I am a troll. I assure you, just like everyone else here, I am not. All I did was not over-hype your result. I'm sorry, but I didn't know voicing my real steadfast and true opinion was a problem, whether that be good or bad. I tried to frame it in a way that was not deprecating, but obviously you did not see it that way. I apologize, but in fairness, I am going to have a hair transplant in two weeks and would not be happy with your result. However, I am a norwood 3 so I believe the lack of density comes from your starting position. That is ALL I wanted to clarify. Obviously, the weeks leading up to a transplant are nervous ones, and all the successful examples in the world can't distract from the ones someone, in this case myself, may view as less than favorable.

I understood your transplant looks different in lighting conditions. Everything does. All hair, all faces, all things. I am a human being, and this is a fact I am not arguing, clearly. I am not disputing that or calling your a liar in any way, It's rather odd you think that given my messages. What I wanted to find out was whether the look of your hairline was standard across all hair transplants. It was a moment of anxiety, having forgot the many hundreds of photos on the forum of well lit results (ernie, aftermath, gatsu, etc) because as I've said before in two weeks, on August 9th, I am having a transplant. I am quite young as well, so it's hard to keep a sound mind. Though I live in Ottawa luckily, I have traveled to different cities and met up with former Rahal patients to inspect his work under all lighting, taken pictures with flash, and the results have been superb. 

I'm not quite sure why any negative or non affirming opinion on your pictures is warranted as me being a troll. It doesn't take a genius to see that the last round of pictures you have posted have been of relatively low quality. Anyone doing a 12 month follow up with that quality of images would surely be seen as not revealing the true result, though yours may not differ much, those are grainy images and that is a fact.

Though I find this forum helpful, and indeed it helped me pull the trigger on a transplant, you have been attacking me consistently, while I have simply commented on the quality of your images, and maybe an honest opinion of what I think of your hairline. I understand it is your job to be super active on this forum, but to accuse a forum member of TROLLING or being dishonest is far too personal than it should be. Unlike you, I have no interest in being insanely active on the forum, I am simply a man coming up to a make or break moment in life and want information. I want real, accurate pictures, and will call out the ones I believe to be of subpar quality. Unfortunately, they happened to be yours. That is not a personal attack against YOU as much as you may feel that, however you have gone out of your way twice now to accuse me of having bad intentions.

Now, and I've posted this before with no response, all I've really wanted to know on this forum going into my procedure are:

1) Do I absolutely need to use minox after a hair transplant? I found it was negatively affecting my skin, but I want to ensure the best yield, so if anyone has experience not using it vs using it after a ht, please reach out. I think i got one reply before.

2) Does anyone have any pics of grown out temple work, in particular done my Rahal. I am concerned about the naturalness of temples as I have seen some cases where it just doesn't look good, but want to take mine just a bit. I was told by a very active member on this forum, actually a Rahal representative from what I can gather, Hairloss mentor or something, that he would get me temple photos done by Rahal, but he never did. So I am still looking, if anyone has any.

If this doesn't prove to you I am not a troll, then you are grasping for straws. I was intending to update my after surgery progress to give back to the members of the forum that have helped me (ernie, aftermath, all other great results), but am very much taken aback by your attack on my character. 

Objectively, I can say I intended no ill towards you or your precious hair. Healthy criticism should be encouraged on a forum like this to avoid population and result bias, and I believe every member hopes that is at the core of the forum. Nobody needs another person in their life sugar coating things, saying they're fine, when they aren't.

Thanks,

B

• Confused 1

Literalno,

For the record, I have been contacted by numerous members who believe you are a troll. I never said you were one however, based on the way you speak to people sometimes, it does seem like it’s possible. And I have no problem with you sharing your general opinion. But you did a lot more than just not glorify my hair transplant. You literally said my hairline is pluggy.  Then when I explained to you why it looks that way in a couple photos, you said that you find that hard to believe. That’s essentially calling me a liar. What exactly do you call it?

Straight up, there is just a way to talk to people and there is a way not to. I didn’t mind your first question about my hairline and I even answered you without any calls for delay or thinking you were up to no good. But your follow-up badgering and insults are evidence that you may in fact be what other members have suspected. 

We certainly welcome you to share your genuine opinion and experience is here. But there are ways to be respectful without insulting people.  Considering I’ve had over 9600 grafts on a fully bald head,  and my hair transplant is virtually undetectable, I do personally find your recent comments insulting.  However, I have thick skin and certainly don’t care what one anonymous forum member thinks.  

But think about how insecure you are now about your hair loss… And to the point where you’ve decided to undergo hair transplant surgery. Now let’s say that you are very excited about your hair and you show it on this forum.    Then, you get comments about your pluggy looking hairline.   I doubt you will necessarily be too happy about that. In fact, most people don’t have thick skin like me and probably would be very upset especially since they’ve spent a plethora of cash to look better, not worse.  And a pluggy hairline is worse than being bald in my opinion.  

I think the best thing to do at this point is to quit while you’re ahead. You’ve provided your input on my topic, now it’s time for you to post on other topics. 

Best regards,

Bill

Bro just cuz u on a public forum being anonymous don’t mean u can attack someone n put them down .. if u seeking answered to questions , start ur own thread and ask those questions .. when u go on someone else’s thread and tell them u don’t like their hair .. I be like fuk off dude .. don’t u have manners ? Just cuz u young , don’t u know any better ? How do u expect people to respond to insults ? U stupid or something ? Especially when u attacking our publishing manager .. mind your manners bro ..  

hair transplants aren’t perfect ,, people here struggle with hair .. be smart , Learn some manners n people will respond to u better ., it’s common sense 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Literalno,

For the record, I have been contacted by numerous members who believe you are a troll. I never said you were one however, based on the way you speak to people sometimes, it does seem like it’s possible. And I have no problem with you sharing your general opinion. But you did a lot more than just not glorify my hair transplant. You literally said my hairline is pluggy.  Then when I explained to you why it looks that way in a couple photos, you said that you find that hard to believe. That’s essentially calling me a liar. What exactly do you call it?

Straight up, there is just a way to talk to people and there is a way not to. I didn’t mind your first question about my hairline and I even answered you without any calls for delay or thinking you were up to no good. But your follow-up badgering and insults are evidence that you may in fact be what other members have suspected. 

We certainly welcome you to share your genuine opinion and experience is here. But there are ways to be respectful without insulting people.  Considering I’ve had over 9600 grafts on a fully bald head,  and my hair transplant is virtually undetectable, I do personally find your recent comments insulting.  However, I have thick skin and certainly don’t care what one anonymous forum member thinks.  

But think about how insecure you are now about your hair loss… And to the point where you’ve decided to undergo hair transplant surgery. Now let’s say that you are very excited about your hair and you show it on this forum.    Then, you get comments about your pluggy looking hairline.   I doubt you will necessarily be too happy about that. In fact, most people don’t have thick skin like me and probably would be very upset especially since they’ve spent a plethora of cash to look better, not worse.  And a pluggy hairline is worse than being bald in my opinion.  

I think the best thing to do at this point is to quit while you’re ahead. You’ve provided your input on my topic, now it’s time for you to post on other topics. 

Best regards,

Bill

Bill,

I apologize for saying the word pluggy, I should have been more sensitive. My follow up comment was literally talking about how results come down to the skill of the surgeon, wasn't even directed at you. I never said it was hard to believe your hairline looks different in different lighting, i said i find it hard to believe all hair transplants look like that under harsh lighting, because you  you challenge anyone with a hair transplant to post pics and have it not look see through. As someone about to have one done, that is alarming to me, I'm sure you can agree.

I agree, a pluggy hairline is worse than being bald, that is why I want to be careful.

I think having nice hair is a lot better than being bald .. especially if u have thick dense hair again .. lots of people getting ht don’t get results like bill ., compare him to tillman, who had 9 transplants, n his hair still looks thin with a high hairline .. i take bills results any day .. 

• Like 1