Am I receding and if so can I reverse it? I have gained a lot of weight the past years and maybe this is the reason.

• Administrators

How old are you? It all depends, it looks like a slightly mature hairline. But I don’t think anyone would look twice at it.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

3 minutes ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

How old are you? It all depends, it looks like a slightly mature hairline. But I don’t think anyone would look twice at it.

I turned 20 in June! And maybe it's all in my head? I just remember like 2 years ago when i part it to the side my temple area was never even close to being exposed and now I cannot cover it.

• Administrators
1 hour ago, czexicanrl said:

I turned 20 in June! And maybe it's all in my head? I just remember like 2 years ago when i part it to the side my temple area was never even close to being exposed and now I cannot cover it.

Well if pictures show recession at the hairline it is male pattern baldness (mpb), at 20 years old I'm fairly certain you are in the beginning stages of mpb, but you shouldn't freak out, consult with a hair transplant surgeon for a proper diagnosis and if it is confirmed you are losing hair, then the hair transplant surgeon could write you a prescription for finasteride. I've been there before I realized I was losing hair at 21 all is not lost you can still save it if you act quickly.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

2 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Well if pictures show recession at the hairline it is male pattern baldness (mpb), at 20 years old I'm fairly certain you are in the beginning stages of mpb, but you shouldn't freak out, consult with a hair transplant surgeon for a proper diagnosis and if it is confirmed you are losing hair, then the hair transplant surgeon could write you a prescription for finasteride. I've been there before I realized I was losing hair at 21 all is not lost you can still save it if you act quickly.

Thank you very much!