FUE sleeping hairs

I had a small FUE (1000 grafts) made 9 days ago and today finally all my scabs fell off (with a little help from gentle massaging). Now I see a lot of hair where I haven't seen hair in 10-15 years which feels great. What I'm wondering is:
Is this what the final result will look like or could some hairs already have entered sleep mode?

It is possible that some graft are lost when the scabs fell of and you would have an even better result, but is is also possible that not all of thsi grafst wil grow. That is why the next 3 month will be frustrating. Good luck with that phase and I wish you grwoth.

• 3 weeks later...

It's a pretty good indicator, although you're right in recognizing that even with a full head of dense hair, there are times when our hair will appear thinner due to the amount of hairs that are in a sleeping phase. Spex has talked about this in his posts (seasonal sheds and whatnot),  and just by being aware that this is something you'll experience really helps ease your mind when it happens. 

The best thing for you right now is that once you reach 9 days post-op, the chances of losing a graft are extremely low, so now you just get to be patient and watch the magic happen. 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Now it's been 4 weeks and a lot of the transplanted hair has shed in the past week as expected. However there are some really short hairs (1-2 mm) here and there. Are those hairs that have shed earlier and already started to grow?

Edited by Swede

On 8/11/2018 at 4:37 PM, Swede said:

Now it's been 4 weeks and a lot of the transplanted hair has shed in the past week as expected. However there are some really short hairs (1-2 mm) here and there. Are those hairs that have shed earlier and already started to grow?

It's unlikely new grafts are growing already. I'm assuming the surgeon shaved your recipient area, so the really small hairs your seeing may just be some of the existing hairs growing back - although without pictures it's hard to know for sure.

I will add that I think the best advice I got when having my hair transplant was to not overanalyze it and examine it daily for new growth. Not only is the growth process really slow and gradual, but the timeline is fairly unpredictable and there's no way to know for sure when you'll start seeing significant growth, when you'll have large bursts of it, etc. So my suggestion is to try your best not to keep looking for answers when it comes to the whole process... Allow yourself to look at your hair at the most once every two weeks. Otherwise, you'll start to drive yourself crazy with questions and only bring added stress to the whole process. The less you think about it, the better chance you'll have of waking up one day and realizing "Omg, I'm really seeing some progress here." 

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

It's possible that you did not notice those small hair shafts prior to your procedure... and once the grafts shed, you can see some native hair for the first time.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY