HT or FIN My Opinion (must read)

The pattern im seeing is people who take Fin are not really content on what they keep, they seem to still head for a transplant.

Would be interesting to know also how long a transplant actually lasts for even tho people claim its permanent i have seen many many cases where it seems to start thinning out also as the transplanted hairs start getting affected by DHT just as they would of in the donor zone.

Dr's claim hair in the donor zone is resistant to DHT, but i don't believe that to be the case, I can guaranteed you the donor hair you have at age 21 will not be the same thickness aged 60.

So when the Donor eventually starts to thin with age and baring in mind the hairs that have been transplanted will thin around the same time because them hairs will be low density as they cannot be planted close to each other like your original hair, where does that leave you?? back where you started??

So in reality are you better of staying on fin rather than opting for a transplant in the Long run? 

Or do you opt for surgery and make the most out of the "golden years" of a transplant before you see the results fade?

Better off opting for fin AND getting a transplant if you feel you need it. The thinning with age that occurs in the donor area is typically in men 60+ from what I see. My dad is close to that point but still has a very full donor in the NW5 area.

I agree that the donor thins with age but I think it tends to be in a non-linear fashion increasing drastically at 55ish. There's just no good reason to be considering how your hair is going to look in your late 50s if you're opting for a transplant in your 20s or 30s.  You're clearly getting your moneys worth even if the whole lot falls out eventually.

Edited by JeanLDD
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, JeanLDD said:

Better off opting for fin AND getting a transplant if you feel you need it. The thinning with age I see that occurs in the donor area is typically in men 60+ from what I see. My dad is close to that point but still has a very full donor in the NW5 area.

I agree that the donor thins with age but I think it tends to be in a non-linear fashion increasing drastically at 55ish. There's just no good reason I see to be considering how your hair is going to look in your late 50s if you're opting for a transplant in your 20s or 30s.  You're clearly getting your moneys worth even if the whole lot falls out eventually.

Trust me man if you care about hair loss now you will still care about it later in life, if you dont care the the problem is you will be in a position where you might want to shave your head at this point and won't be able to because of scarring, people go on about "there's always smp" but on a old man it looks terrible in my eyes

As I'm lead to belive when a donor thins and you have already had a transplant it opens the door for DUPA in that area 

Again I'm not trying to put anyone off a transplant but I do make valid points that you need to consider 

let's hope by that time cloning has come to the market 

52 minutes ago, Djlazerblue said:

Again I'm not trying to put anyone off a transplant but I do make valid points that you need to consider 

That is not true. You have tried to put everyone off a transplant. You actually made a complete tread about it.

There are many results with people above 50 having a transplants for years or having a transplant after getting 50.

At a certain age it is just more comon to have thinner hair and to see some scalp and grey hair will reduce the issue at least for pale people.  It is stil much better than beeing completly bald.

incorrect, in that very thread i made it clear also it was not to put people off but to give them my reasons why i would not be getting one, 

not everyone who comes to this forum needs a transplant and infact i have saved many from being butchered and put in a worse place than they were in before,

they reached out to me, so that thread i made was well worth the effort

It is the classic approach: Say: "I do not want to ... but then just do it."  Your old thread was clearly intentend to put people off.

Racist people do the same nowadays. "I am no no racist, but .... " Followed by a bunch of racist crap. Well, that also fits you, right? I still remember that racist stuff from you too. You can change your dress but it is still you.

• Like 1

absolutely not, it was a very truthful thread that was intended to educate not put people off, which was very successful seeing as it got thousands of views can you not see the threads i make which state "MY OPINION" ,  i have no idea what an earth your on about regards to Racism , please stay on topic of this thread, if you dont like what i write or say then you can also turn a blind eye cant you, but you must be intrested in what im saying because you seem to come and comment.

Are you worried about something? are you insuecure about something? im here to help 

lets be clear my argument is 

You have a transplant in your 20s, once it starts thinning in your 30s 40s (typical age for thinning hair) where does that leave you? back where you started? or worse off? as you have less hair to play about with

please contribute 

Edited by Djlazerblue

4 hours ago, Djlazerblue said:

absolutely not, it was a very truthful thread that was intended to educate not put people off, which was very successful seeing as it got thousands of views can you not see the threads i make which state "MY OPINION" ,  i have no idea what an earth your on about regards to Racism , please stay on topic of this thread, if you dont like what i write or say then you can also turn a blind eye cant you, but you must be intrested in what im saying because you seem to come and comment.

Are you worried about something? are you insuecure about something? im here to help 

lets be clear my argument is 

You have a transplant in your 20s, once it starts thinning in your 30s 40s (typical age for thinning hair) where does that leave you? back where you started? or worse off? as you have less hair to play about with

please contribute 

For people looking for a HT, your opinion is of no use unless you have been through the procedure yourself. If i want to learn how to cook a nice roast beef dinner, i don't want to listen to the cooking advice from a vegetarian. . 

Edited by Jacks0n

6 minutes ago, Jacks0n said:

For people looking for a HT, your opinion is of no use unless you have been through the procedure yourself. If i want to learn how to cook a nice roast beef dinner, i don't want to listen to the cooking advice from a vegetarian. . 

This is where you will fail short, to understand something you do have to go through it, you need a good understanding and I have. One of the most educated people in this field Spencer Kobren has not had a HT he founded the ishrs are you telling me you would not take advice from him on a surgeon? HATE what I'm saying because it's not what you like to hear it's called the stark truth about HT people think it's a permanent cure but it's not again it's only a mere prevention. 

7 minutes ago, Djlazerblue said:

HATE what I'm saying because it's not what you like to hear it's called the stark truth about HT people think it's a permanent cure but it's not again it's only a mere prevention. 

Hate ?? Are you having a laugh ? I'm 51yo, i have no time for hate, whatever situation my head finds itself in later life, i'm sure I will be able to get over it, i wont go slashing my wrists open or getting depressed about it.

When i was born i was on my own, orphaned at birth, straight into the care of the authorities, i had nothing, but i had plenty of hair on my head.

I'm now 51, i have a huge family underneath me, my hair decided to vanish, but hey ho, i got my family.

But your here, your browsing your concerned about your loss, how you feel now could be made 10 times worse if you dont get the result you were hoping for or suffer a complication, you could indeed at end a repair patient.

All things people dont take into account before jumping in, i can assure you HT or NOT a bad result looks 10 times worse than a naturally balding man, If your willing to accept the risks then surgery is for you

1. Of course you made your initital thread to warn other. If you just decided against a transplant yourself, why make a thread about it? Want some proof? Here is what you (!) have written: "... and my post is to inform people the stark reality before jumping into to something thats going to need years of saving and commitment" or  "Thats all it is a chance a pure gamble it's like putting all ur money on red or black on a roulette machine". Even the mods (Melvin) complained about that: "...now it sounds like a warning from someone who hasn't undergone surgery in the first place. Very strange,...".

2. Also, your are clearly using racist language and your were called out by Jean, Mikehawk and myself for it. Again some comments from yourself about technicians in turkey as a proof: "... don't let some goat hurder or sheep shearer near your head". "Again the word goat hurder and sheep shearer ... (is) a mere example or the type of characters that have been found in these clinics...".

3. You are also at least twice made nasty comments about the hair loss of other people in a hair loss forum:  "...how's your bald spot coming along?!".

Why would anyone want advice from someone like you (a liar, a racist and someone who makes fun about bald people)?

JaZer , u missing the point .. most people on here don’t want a hair transplant .. I never did n still don’t want to .. it’s not a cure ..’but what other choice do we have .. hair is hair ,, but when u start losing it , n it doesn’t grow back ., what are we suppose to do ? I’ve been on finasteride for a year now .. I was really hoping n wishing it was a miracle drug .. it’s not . My hair has receded further n thinning even more .. but I’m going to stick with it .because hopefully it’s helping . It’s better than me doing nothing . I don’t feel no side effects , it just becomes a routine .. something u must do to prevent or maintain what u have now ..  As for hair transplants .. I don’t want get one .. the thought of surgery n thousands of dollars upsets me .. but what else do us balding brothers have ? It’s fin for prevention n maintainence . N hair transplants to recover some of what we lost ., there’s just no way to get around those facts .. everyone hates fin , n transplants, but what choice do we have to gain back what we lost ? 

14 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

1. Of course you made your initital thread to warn other. If you just decided against a transplant yourself, why make a thread about it? Want some proof? Here is what you (!) have written: "... and my post is to inform people the stark reality before jumping into to something thats going to need years of saving and commitment" or  "Thats all it is a chance a pure gamble it's like putting all ur money on red or black on a roulette machine". Even the mods (Melvin) complained about that: "...now it sounds like a warning from someone who hasn't undergone surgery in the first place. Very strange,...".

2. Also, your are clearly using racist language and your were called out by Jean, Mikehawk and myself for it. Again some comments from yourself about technicians in turkey as a proof: "... don't let some goat hurder or sheep shearer near your head". "Again the word goat hurder and sheep shearer ... (is) a mere example or the type of characters that have been found in these clinics...".

3. You are also at least twice made nasty comments about the hair loss of other people in a hair loss forum:  "...how's your bald spot coming along?!".

Why would anyone want advice from someone like you (a liar, a racist and someone who makes fun about bald people)?

Ill address this for you as you seem to be gong off topic (again) it might make it clearer,

1) Yes its true a transplant is a gamble two reasons why this is true, IT WILL GROW or IT WONT GROW pretty much sounds like a 50/50 to me

2) It was a known fact a clinic in turkey was rumbled for trading without a licence and 2 people that were found working there was a goat farmer and  a sheep shearer from the local farm in the mountains where the clinic was set up (hardly racist)  

3) asking someone how there bald spot is coming along (hardly nasty) was talking to a HT patient who had work in a bald area

4) your starting to sound very bitter about myself and my comments, AGAIN if you dont like please dont comment STAY ON TOPIC!!

Edited by Djlazerblue

4 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

JaZer , u missing the point .. most people on here don’t want a hair transplant .. I never did n still don’t want to .. it’s not a cure ..’but what other choice do we have .. hair is hair ,, but when u start losing it , n it doesn’t grow back ., what are we suppose to do ? I’ve been on finasteride for a year now .. I was really hoping n wishing it was a miracle drug .. it’s not . My hair has receded further n thinning even more .. but I’m going to stick with it .because hopefully it’s helping . It’s better than me doing nothing . I don’t feel no side effects , it just becomes a routine .. something u must do to prevent or maintain what u have now ..  As for hair transplants .. I don’t want get one .. the thought of surgery n thousands of dollars upsets me .. but what else do us balding brothers have ? It’s fin for prevention n maintainence . N hair transplants to recover some of what we lost ., there’s just no way to get around those facts .. everyone hates fin , n transplants, but what choice do we have to gain back what we lost ? 

the choice you have is to overcome the fear of going bald, its a natural process its what god intended for you to be, FIN dont work for you and you dont want a HT so there is no other choice apart from a hair system :)

15 minutes ago, Djlazerblue said:

1) Yes its true a transplant is a gamble two reasons why this is true, IT WILL GROW or IT WONT GROW pretty much sounds like a 50/50 to me

2) It was a known fact a clinic in turkey was rumbled for trading without a licence and 2 people that were foounf working thier was a goat farmer and  a sheep shearer from the local farm in the mountains where the clinic was set up (hardly racist)  

3) asking someone how there bald spot is coming along (hardly nasty) was talking to a HT patient who had work in a bald area 

4) your starting to sound very bitter about myself and my comments, AGAIN if you dont like please dont comment STAY ON TOPIC!!

1) Haha, this is really poor math.  Which school have you been on? Just because there are two options it doesn't mean the odds are 50/50.

2) Clearly a lie, as you were referring to all (!) clinics and like the second quote from you shows: "... the type of characters ..." it was not a job description.

3) Again a lie. The second time you adressed me (!) directly after our dispute about your "goat hurder" comment. I do not have a bald spot and I did not had work done. It was clearly a nasty comment about hairloss in a hairloss forum. Mikehawk called you out, as it was the second time you did sth like that.

4) You are a liar,  a racist and a troll: Yes, I do not like either one. And I do call out people for beeing just that, especially when they pretend they are here "to help and educate".

Edited by Gasthoerer

5 minutes ago, Gasthoerer said:

The truth hurts?

THE TRUTH???  this is the truth.....

You keep gate crashing all my threads talking about things that have been discussed in other threads ive made, if your that bothered about them go back find them comment there and i will reply.

This is a New Thread with a New Topic, so if you have nothing to say regarding it i suggest finding my old posts

42 minutes ago, Djlazerblue said:

If your willing to accept the risks then surgery is for you

If your'e alive, your'e 'at risk'. So why not 'risk it' and live a little ? Hope you can get that chip of your shoulder sometime. 

• Thanks 1

Jazer .. why r u on this forum if u going to bash on us balding bros .. u balding n so are we .. This forum is not like before .. we are here  To help each other n give support .. n dude I have a lot more hair than u .. so don’t go there .. 

n I feel kinda ugly n depressed as I’m aging n it’s a natural process .. it’s understood .. but don’t go around making others feelin bad about wanting to improve on their hairloss .. no one wants to get a hair transplant ok? It’s just something we want to do to make us feel better .. I always thought u was helpful .. but seems like u a troll now .. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

Jazer .. why r u on this forum if u going to bash on us balding bros .. u balding n so are we .. This forum is not like before .. we are here  To help each other n give support .. n dude I have a lot more hair than u .. so don’t go there .. 

n I feel kinda ugly n depressed as I’m aging n it’s a natural process .. it’s understood .. but don’t go around making others feelin bad about wanting to improve on their hairloss .. no one wants to get a hair transplant ok? It’s just something we want to do to make us feel better .. I always thought u was helpful .. but seems like u a troll now .. 

Right well 1st of I've been here a good few years I note you havnt even been here a year yet?

Who am I bashing? Please explain 

Do you know how many people have come back on here with regret after panicking and jumping into surgery??

I'm here to prevent others making the same decision. You ok with that??

I dont know whether I am just lucky but my donor is in great nick and I'm going on 56 had a transplant 3.5 years ago 4200 FUE grafts.

Bottom line for me is there are 3 scenarios, best case scenario you don't go bald obviously ,second best you go bald OK you don't like it but you learn to accept it and move on with your life as millions of guys around the world do ,it doesn't stop them meeting the girl they want career etc .third option you can't live with it so you decide on a transplant, meds whatever .Well actually  there is a 4th scenario you can't live with it but you just sink into a deep depression and let it fuck up your life . 

Of course there's a risk with any surgery all I can say it's  one of the best decisions  Ive made in my life ,and I took a bigger risk than most on here by going essentially going to a tech clinic in Turkey, Doc just drew the hairline , techs did the rest , hahah not sure if they were goat suckers, sheep shaggers or whatever ,quite pretty though .

4 minutes ago, Mick50 said:

I dont know whether I am just lucky but my donor is in great nick and I'm going on 56 had a transplant 3.5 years ago 4200 FUE grafts.

Bottom line for me is there are 3 scenarios, best case scenario you don't go bald obviously ,second best you go bald OK you don't like it but you learn to accept it and move on with your life as millions of guys around the world do ,it doesn't stop them meeting the girl they want career etc .third option you can't live with it so you decide on a transplant, meds whatever .Well actually  there is a 4th scenario you can't live with it but you just sink into a deep depression and let it fuck up your life . 

Of course there's a risk with any surgery all I can say it's  one of the best decisions  Ive made in my life ,and I took a bigger risk than most on here by going essentially going to a tech clinic in Turkey, Doc just drew the hairline , techs did the rest , hahah not sure if they were goat suckers, sheep shaggers or whatever ,quite pretty though .

hey mick thanks for you input im glad you had a good result, looking at things would you agree with me, 

1. you had a excellent donor

2. you were at a good age and your hair loss pattern was quite well established (older folks tend to do well with HT)