What surgeon to trust?

Video of my hair:

Erkan says 3000-3500 to fill both hairline and crown. 

Dr Ball says 1500 grafts to fill just hairline.

HDC clinic says 2500-3000 for just the hairline.

3 completely different opinions this research is driving me crazy. There must be some pro's on here and past surgery patients who can give me a decent plan and maybe a decent surgeon. 

Also, do most surgeons reinforce the natural hair as well as just filling in the hairline and temples? I have held what I have for 6 years at least but im only 27.

Hey bro

you have more hair than most people on here so I don’t think you need to go nuts eg 3500 unless you really want a massive makeover

personally I would go with 2000 and I would do fue - you can always take out more later on. If you do it with a great surgeon that will really make a difference.

you can reinforce your native hair with propecia and to some extent minoxidil and nioxin.

some people also swear by the laser helmet as well as blood platelet therapy (PRP) but I’ve always read of people who see no improvement with either 

5 minutes ago, HarryHonolulu said:

Hey bro

you have more hair than most people on here so I don’t think you need to go nuts eg 3500 unless you really want a massive makeover

personally I would go with 2000 and I would do fue - you can always take out more later on. If you do it with a great surgeon that will really make a difference.

you can reinforce your native hair with propecia and to some extent minoxidil and nioxin.

some people also swear by the laser helmet as well as blood platelet therapy (PRP) but I’ve always read of people who see no improvement with either 

Forgot to mention ive maintained my current state with minox and fin for the past 5 or so years

• Moderators

I don't think 1500 will be enough. I think you can get away with 2000 if you're not lowering your hairline any and just filling it in and not worrying about the crown for now. If you want to lower it slightly then I think you are looking at the 3000 range.

Something to think about: If you figure Erkan will put 500 grafts into the crown to reinforce it a little (just a guess), then Erkan and HDC estimates are basically the same as far as how much you need in the front.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.