Jump to content

Recommended Posts

I'm pretty sure it just has to do with the naturalness of the hairline. The big "zig zag" surgeon is Dr. Diep. He is known for this. He claims no hairline is perfectly straight. He places a lot of single hair grafts in that zig zag pattern to make it look more natural.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Administrators

Hairlines in nature contain macro and micro irregularity, this gives the hairline the soft look. Macro-Irregularities are broad changes on the hairline and micro-irregularities are small and subtle changes to the hairline.  No hairline is straight that is abnormal and does not look natural. Now the shape of the hairline itself can be straight but still contain macro and micro irregularities.  I have posted three examples, one of a guy with a really bad hair transplant, unnaturally low and too straight. The other two gentlemen are guys how have been blessed with full heads of hair and no recession, you see the hairlines are not straight, there are both macro (larger) changes and micro (smaller) changes along the hairline. The hairlines look soft and youthful as opposed to abrupt and artificial.

Dr. Shapiro, has an article he published that is a very good read, I suggest you guys read it, it is very educational.

http://shapiromedical.com/recognition/smg-published-articles/principles-techniques-used-to-create-a-natural-hairline-in-surgical-hair-restoration/

natural-hairline-bad-celebrity-hair-transplant.png

post-281808-0-03208800-1441488039.jpg

fryzura-meska-12.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

Hairlines in nature contain macro and micro irregularity, this gives the hairline the soft look. Macro-Irregularities are broad changes on the hairline and micro-irregularities are small and subtle changes to the hairline.  No hairline is straight that is abnormal and does not look natural. Now the shape of the hairline itself can be straight but still contain macro and micro irregularities.  I have posted three examples, one of a guy with a really bad hair transplant, unnaturally low and too straight. The other two gentlemen are guys how have been blessed with full heads of hair and no recession, you see the hairlines are not straight, there are both macro (larger) changes and micro (smaller) changes along the hairline. The hairlines look soft and youthful as opposed to abrupt and artificial.

Dr. Shapiro, has an article he published that is a very good read, I suggest you guys read it, it is very educational.

http://shapiromedical.com/recognition/smg-published-articles/principles-techniques-used-to-create-a-natural-hairline-in-surgical-hair-restoration/

natural-hairline-bad-celebrity-hair-transplant.png

post-281808-0-03208800-1441488039.jpg

fryzura-meska-12.jpg

Great answer and thanks for the link too!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Most hairlines are irregular...some more subtle than others.

Some hairlines depending on one's ethnicity can be more flat as we see in some people of color and some females have much flatter or straight forming hairlines.

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, gillenator said:

Most hairlines are irregular...some more subtle than others.

Some hairlines depending on one's ethnicity can be more flat as we see in some people of color and some females have much flatter or straight forming hairlines.

I don't mean flat/straight per se. I mean with solid lines as opposed to "daggered" ones.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I know I be getting a staggered hairline with a lot of zig zags,,  it will give the illusion of ur hairline being lower than what it is .. that way it will cover ur forehead more .. It will also draw the attention away from ur hairline n let the focus be more towards ur face ..

with a straight hairline , first thing u look at is the hairline .. n with someone with a hairtransplant u don’t want people to notice ur hairline , it will make u feel uncomfortable .. the hair is to frame the face , not to draw attention to it .. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Legend007 said:

I know I be getting a staggered hairline with a lot of zig zags,,  it will give the illusion of ur hairline being lower than what it is .. that way it will cover ur forehead more .. It will also draw the attention away from ur hairline n let the focus be more towards ur face ..

with a straight hairline , first thing u look at is the hairline .. n with someone with a hairtransplant u don’t want people to notice ur hairline , it will make u feel uncomfortable .. the hair is to frame the face , not to draw attention to it .. 

 

My hairline is already a bit low, according to Dr. Lupanzula, at 7.5cm. This is such a tough decision for my first surgery because it is the frontal 3rd I want to focus on and I want the hairline to be right!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Trix,

I think you might be asking why some surgeons DRAW hairlines with squiggles whereas others do not. It seems just to be a matter of personal preference. Just because a particular surgeon doesn't DRAW squiggles (micro and macro irregularities) along the planned hairline doesn't mean that the surgeon won't MAKE them when he makes the graft incisions. Some ht surgeons choose to pre-draw the irregularities and more or less follow them, some don't, choosing to do things a bit more free-style/free-hand. 

That said, some ht surgeons generally seem to favor a lesser DEGREE of irregularity along the hairline than others, and vice versa. (For example, I would put Dr. Erdogan in the first camp.) Other docs routinely employ a pattern of tiny "spokes" or "triangles" extending from the hairline at regular intervals. Others favor more irregular zigs and zags and of varying length. Others still pretty much follow the line but insert randomized single hair "softeners" along it. This really is where the artistry of creating and transplanting a hairline comes in and is why you can often tell one doc's work from another's once you get to know their style. But whether or not the surgeon DRAWS the macro and micro irregularities into the pre-op hairLINE doesn't seem to indicate anything one way or the other from what I have observed.  

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, PupDaddy said:

Trix,

I think you might be asking why some surgeons DRAW hairlines with squiggles whereas others do not. It seems just to be a matter of personal preference. Just because a particular surgeon doesn't DRAW squiggles (micro and macro irregularities) along the planned hairline doesn't mean that the surgeon won't MAKE them when he makes the graft incisions. Some ht surgeons choose to pre-draw the irregularities and more or less follow them, some don't, choosing to do things a bit more free-style/free-hand. 

That said, some ht surgeons generally seem to favor a lesser DEGREE of irregularity along the hairline than others, and vice versa. (For example, I would put Dr. Erdogan in the first camp.) Other docs routinely employ a pattern of tiny "spokes" or "triangles" extending from the hairline at regular intervals. Others favor more irregular zigs and zags and of varying length. Others still pretty much follow the line but insert randomized single hair "softeners" along it. This really is where the artistry of creating and transplanting a hairline comes in and is why you can often tell one doc's work from another's once you get to know their style. But whether or not the surgeon DRAWS the macro and micro irregularities into the pre-op hairLINE doesn't seem to indicate anything one way or the other from what I have observed.  

 

Best answer yet! Thanks a lot. This makes sense. Out of the doctors in Belgium, who in your opinion does the best hairlines?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Sparky said:

Also, I don't really see the point of the surgeon drawing in the zig zags, they can easily just draw a straight line and go in and out of it to make it look natural.

Fair point. Like a 5 year old colouring in ;)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...