1. Using 5% minoxidil once a day is almost as effective as twice a day treatment according to Dr Bernstein as topical minoxidil has a 22 hour half life.
2. If you are getting pimples on your scalp I would avoid applying any type of oil on it as that can’t be good. Can you imagine someone with acne/whiteheads applying oil on their face? Just seems like a bad idea to help bacteria grow. I assume you’re indian as many of my Indian friends love using oil/coconut oil on their hair and claim it does everything from stopping hair loss to curing dandruff.
3. Have you tried a salicylic acid shampoo such as tsal? Salicylic acid has been proven to help with acne.
4. Did you have a hair transplant? I’ve heard it’s somewhat common get folliculitis after surgery for some people.
5. I’d follow up with your doctor again to let them know the cream didn’t work.