HT from Dr Suneet Soni

thappa

Update -7 months 25 days

No new hair growth, transplanted hair getting thicker. Density is not very good, since I have my hair long it compensate for the density. I hope that it improve in the coming months.

20190320_112933.jpg

20190320_112946.jpg

20190320_113035.jpg

20190320_113051.jpg

20190320_113001.jpg

20190320_113021.jpg

20190320_113129.jpg

20190320_113110.jpg

On 3/20/2019 at 4:27 PM, thappa said:

Update -7 months 25 days

No new hair growth, transplanted hair getting thicker. Density is not very good, since I have my hair long it compensate for the density. I hope that it improve in the coming months.

20190320_112933.jpg

20190320_112946.jpg

20190320_113035.jpg

20190320_113051.jpg

20190320_113001.jpg

20190320_113021.jpg

20190320_113129.jpg

20190320_113110.jpg

Congrats @thappa, Thanks for the update,

Your hair is looking great in approx. 8 Months, but I am sure that it will continue to improve! Very nice. I hope it grows well.

I also got my hair transplant surgery done at same clinic one & half year back with the FUT technique. Within 7-8 months of the surgery, I felt that it will develop a scar at the donor site, but I was wrong. After 12 months of the surgery what I experienced that the scar gets linear, which got possible due to the Trichophytic closure. And, the result came with a good density.

Edited by Tasvir

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The way you came about it looked more worse before THE hair transplant.. I see some good hair growth though you'll need a second sitting for crown n my recommendation is to go with FUE technique n find a doctor who is an expert on fue technique.. You are 10 months let's see what more you can expect till the 12th or 13th month but I guess you should plan for another hair transplant just by the end of the year to get a good density n even take medicines n prp for 6 months after Ht 

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Administrators

I will agree the scar is stretched. There is growth, but I can see that you’d expect more density. How many grafts were used in the crown? That said, there’s definitely an improvement, but you will definitely require more grafts to achieve more density. Thankfully, you’re a perfect candidate for fibers. 

Please share your name and date of surgery with me via private message and I will reach out to Dr. Suni on your behalf.

D447F1C8-DF8A-4DA4-90B0-2103E7B554CB.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Our team is in direct contact with the patient through email. We are looking after his concern through personal email conversation with him.

I am patient advisor for The Medispa Hair Transplant Clinic  Dr. Suneet Soni. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. 

• 2 months later...
On 8/3/2019 at 3:12 AM, Medispa Team said:

Our team is in direct contact with the patient through email. We are looking after his concern through personal email conversation with him.

@thappaDid you heard anything back from clinic as they said? I was thinking about getting a hair transplant from this clinic now im scared to go there. Will wait for you feedback.

Thanks

They offered me free prp and fue for scar, i will have to travel to india ( again flights are expensive). I do not want to waste grafts on scar.

There was no change in my scar or density from the above picuture. 

Choice is your, i am not sure to recommend Medispa because of the scar. Also check other real patient expérience of medispa and descide , Not just the ones uploaded by clinic. Hope this helps

• 1 month later...

Hi @thappa, Thanks for sharing your updates. Its disappointing that you didn't get the expected results but it depends on patient to patient how you will heal.

I am no expert so can't comment on what to do next, but I hope upon your next visit you will discuss in detail with him.

I would suggest go through below study to "Determine the Efficacy of Topical Minoxidil plus Micro-needling/derma-roller versus Topical Minoxidil Alone".

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/30886475

I have been following Medispa for about an year or so and I was impressed and convinced to go with him (next year may be) when I visit India. However I came across this platform few week ago and I have seen some bad reviews about Medispa which has influenced my decision a bit (not completely).

I had a telephonic conversation with Him recently and since my grade of blandess is 5. So for me combination of FUT + FUE along with TRICHOPHYTIC closure is suggested.

Hi Thappa,
Short answer : The way you started , your hair looks nicer comparatively. 
Long answer : The grafts could have been used more efficiently . Because I can see that all did not grew given the amounts of hair you got transplanted. I haven't gotten FUT because of the fear of the scar, but it looks like if you grow your hair bigger at the back it can be avoided. The deed is done , so no point worrying about it . If you will click pictures in the harsh light, there is going to be some disappointment always. Good thing is that you have body hair with you that can save you.
Are you in states ? I also got my HT from India, but had satisfying results. 
It would be prudent to brainstorm this with the doctor as to what went wrong . If the doctor is ready to stand by you , it's a good thing, but I would think really hard before getting anything done at the same place.

Also guys, please don't make discouraging comments. Going under the knife takes a lot of the toll on the body, the least we can do is motivate and help each other. 

• Like 1

Dr. Soni is a very highly skilled surgeon w/well over 2,000 surgeries.  He uses the most modern techniques for FUT.  Very consistent results (bang for buck).  ANY surgeon will have outlier cases where the patient had a bad outcome.  H&W & other top 20 clinics 'round the world as well.

Medispa puts out alot of video documentation of Dr. Soni's work as well.  If it's your 1st strip surgery - the chances of a very good outcome for a megasession w/Medispa is extremely high.

I had my 6th FUT (my 1st five were 100/120/400/700/2250 grafts) w/him in 03/16 for 4,500 FUT & 500 FUE

I was a NW5 and now have full coverage and the strip he took out (new strip) has stretched a bit as well.  I plan on a final FUT to cut out two sections to get 1-2K of grafts out of the worst scar(s) & then will fill in a bit w/FUE some selected spots as well.  Perhaps some SMP - not sure.  I wear my hair long so it's not a big issue normally.

Probably go to Dr.  Wong to do that at H&W.  I had a consultation w/H&W rep in 02/18 and w/scalp exercises they said I might be able to get a final 2K of grafts w/the FUT scar revision.

Frankly, I'm thrilled I was able to do one last big FUT surgery w/nearly 100% graft survival.  I'm sure if I was to have Medispa address the stretched scar Dr. Soni would work w/me on that - although another trip to India is a long ways to go when your just getting adjustments and not a mega session.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello @jjsrader I'm researching a bit about results by Dr. Suneet from Medispa, and you had replied to a previous post I wrote (thank you for that). I just read that you did a transplant from Medispa. Have you documented your hairloss, hair transplant and hair growth progress here on the forum that I can refer to? Also, I am trying to read more about the strip stretching. Since you mentioned about your stretching I am curious if you would like to share a picture so that I can see. It's up to you and I respect your privacy if you don't want to share. Thanks in advance. 

I don't do pictures - no thread on my experience.  I post alot though.  I'd say my scar has stretched in some places to about a centimeter or maybe a bit more.  With so many scars - the best one is from my surgery w/Dr. Feller 2.25K grafts (new scar at the time). 

Right now I have very long hair (12+ inches) - I really cannot buzz my hair in the back at all (obviously).  Look up a thread from the guy 'garageland' in this forum - his scars are alot like mine.  He has one part of his head that is very stretched - mine isnt' that bad though.

Anyways, I'll be having the worst sections excised and re-closed and probably alot of beard hairs put in my scars for when I want to wear my hair alot shorter again in another year or so.

peace...

• 9 months later...

While you might not have achieved the exact density you hoped for, overall, the change from your before and after photos to me look dramatically different.

Dr. Soni recently recommended 4,000 grafts (FUT+FUE) for me. When I inquired how many hairs that equated to, I was told between 7,500-8,000, therefore your transplant being 4,500 grafts probably equated to ~8,500-9,000 hairs. I am new to the hair restoration world, but given your level of hair loss, I would think a few more hairs (correct me if I am wrong) would be needed for full coverage with density which I am guessing could be accomplished in another procedure. 

I know that the illusion of density also depends a lot on hair type (fine, coarse, curly, etc.) so perhaps that may be a contributing factor.

Overall, it looks solid to me, but maybe my expectations are not high enough :)

• 11 months later...

@thappa

Reading this post I see you are unhappy with the results. A few questions in my mind

1. But does anyone actually know what went wrong in this case?

2. Dr. Soni is the one who designs the hairline and also supervise the surgery? Or everything is left on techs completely?

3. FUT scars look scary

@skallig where did you get your transplant done, finally?

Edited by deadman

1st sitting ~4500-5000 grafts (FUT+FUE+chest), 1st June 2021, India

2nd sitting, 24th Feb 2023

• 2 months later...

Hello @thappa

Thanks for sharing your experience. I have a few questions regarding your surgery with Suneet Soni:

1. Was the HT with Dr Suneet Soni the first transplant surgery you had?

2. Was there any improvement in hair density after 1 year?

3. Did the scar you have become less visible or did hair begin to grow through it post one year?

4. Did you do any other revision surgery with any other doctor post this surgery with Dr. Suneet Soni?

Can you share pictures post 1 year or at present to get an idea of the results now.

Kindly help in this as I need to make my decision about goin for HT with this doctor.

Really appreciate your response on this.

Thanks

- Savio

• 1 year later...
On 12/16/2018 at 10:26 AM, Dhyan said:

My experience with Dr Sumeet is really pathetic , I will share my entire story soon with picture 

Hye..can u send me the details? Email : removed

Edited by Melvin- Moderator
Removed