HT from Dr Suneet Soni

thappa

Hi All,

I am going to have my first surgery with Dr Suneet Soni on 23rd July (next week). Feeling nervous :( as it is my first. Hope everything will go well. Clinic has asked me to there a day before to do blood tests etc.

Initial consultation proposed by clinic was Fut+Fue.3500 grafts by fut and 1000 by fue. Total of 4500 grafts to cover my bald areas.

I will add my pre op pictures shortly.

Wish me luck. :)

Reached the clinic today. Clinic got the blood sample and got TT injection done by the technician. Consultation  with the doctor tomorrow morning and surgery later tomorrow. I will fully document my case so that other will benefit form it.

• Administrators

My hair was very similar to yours before I had my surgeries. It is a difficult case, but I’m sure you will be happy with the results. Please keep us updated with your progress. 

Warm regards-Melvin 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Absolutely there will be more shock loss as i have more thinning hair. Most may be permanent shock loss and some may growth back. 

Regarding dense packing even for me it is very difficult to see the grafts because of the no trim HT. As some area I feel they have not planted any grafts but opened slits  :)but I may be wrong because I cannot see very well. 

But again time will tell.

We will see the results. Hope the density is good.

I wouldn’t of consider no shave recipient area In ur case .. those are usually for smaller operations .. do u really want the doc to be extra careful n not transplant near those hairs for fear of damaging it ? Those hairs are on its way out .. it’s thin n old n ready to go .. that’s why it’s best to just shave ur recipient area , u barely had any hair there .. hopefully things turn out well ,, u probably will get coverage, but densed packed not so much ,, sometimes u  have to think logical .. 

You can barely see  any hair as only few are thick but most of them are thin. Even if I shave or no shave it does not matter it will go anyway. As the grafts has to placed next to the existing hair. The reason I chose no shave is that it won't look that very wired after HT. Any way it is done no going back. We will see how the end result is. :)

Yeah I know what u mean . Those thin hairs they going away .: n if u shaved them .. they probably won’t be growing back .. I know u trying to save as many of ur native hairs as u can .. I think the clinic did the best they can for u .. they weren’t aggressive on ur hairline n tried to spread out as many grafts as possible pertaining to ur aggressive hairloss .. . n u should get an improvement, .. keep us updated .. n don’t worry too much .. depending on ur expectations, u should better  off than u were.. 

Edited by Legend007

Day 3 head wash.

Legend007 sure I will document my case so that others who are similar to me will benefit from this. 

I will post each day for the next 15 days  and then monthly.

20180726_101109.jpg

20180726_101100.jpg

20180726_101104.jpg

Good luck on your progress.  I'm a little surprised you didn't have temple work done - you can always choose to do that later if you do another session or as a stand alone if you think it frames your face better once your final results are in.

Good camera shots too!

Dr. Soni usually does a pretty good widow's peak for people w/lots of balding.  He puts the hairline in the center at a good spot (not too high and low enough so that when people see you head on or from the side the hairline appears to begin at/near a non-balding person's hairline would) and then recesses deeply back towards temples.  For those w/alot of balding like me he adds temple points.

Very few of his patients that I see go for more than 1 session.  For a transplant that he is doing the 1st time his density is about right.  Most people that want higher density in the frontal hairband or frontal 1/3rd might come back and have him work between his previous work.

That will be me early next year.

Edited by jjsrader

Day 4 after head wash.

Feeling some discomfort in the stomach ( slight diaherra and naucea3). Doctor asked me to stop antibiotics ( Augmintin 650 duo). Hope my stomach will get better in few days. 20180727_111625.thumb.jpg.dc566bce2ec8585ea04dde72f70bcfa8.jpg

20180727_111648.jpg

20180727_111653.jpg

20180727_111700.jpg

On 7/16/2018 at 3:17 PM, thappa said:

Hi All,

I am going to have my first surgery with Dr Suneet Soni on 23rd July (next week). Feeling nervous :( as it is my first. Hope everything will go well. Clinic has asked me to there a day before to do blood tests etc.

Initial consultation proposed by clinic was Fut+Fue.3500 grafts by fut and 1000 by fue. Total of 4500 grafts to cover my bald areas.

I will add my pre op pictures shortly.

Wish me luck. :)

Your hair transplant looks great and I hope you are going to get the best results.

I am also planning for hair transplant in coming months from India, Few quick questions :

• Your procedure was combination of FUT+FUE ? Was both done in a single day?
  • How's your Experience Visiting India?
  • Is the procedure was painful?
  • Does it needs to take bed rest after procedure or you can travel immediate after?

My grade of baldness is like yours and required approx. 4500 grafts but I researched a lot from past 6 months, very few doctors can perform both the tech.

Hi Amrit Singh

• Your procedure was combination of FUT+FUE ? Was both done in a single day? Yes. FUT and FUE done in single. 

I suggest you go with only FUT not both at the same time.

• How's your Experience Visiting India? Experience was good. 
  • Is the procedure was painful? It is not completely pain free. You will feel some pain after the surgery but you can take pain killers.
  • Does it needs to take bed rest after procedure or you can travel immediate after? It is better to take rest for 4 to 5 days before traveling ( if you have a long flight back). As you will already be in so much discomfort with pain.
Edited by thappa

6 hours ago, Amrit Singh said:

Your hair transplant looks great and I hope you are going to get the best results.

I am also planning for hair transplant in coming months from India, Few quick questions :

• Your procedure was combination of FUT+FUE ? Was both done in a single day?
  • How's your Experience Visiting India?
  • Is the procedure was painful?
  • Does it needs to take bed rest after procedure or you can travel immediate after?

My grade of baldness is like yours and required approx. 4500 grafts but I researched a lot from past 6 months, very few doctors can perform both the tech.

Hi,

I did 4500 FUT & 500 FUE w/Dr. Soni in March '17 - same day (LONG day).  India for me was delightful - did 3 weeks mostly in the north and coast.

Dr. Soni and his staff are attentive to your pain needs - just communicate and you'll be fine.

I suppose I could have taken a flight back to U.S. the day after surgery, but I stayed in town an additional night, ate some good food, relaxed and then was on my way the next day.

Good luck!

Jjsrader-  do you have a separate thread for your HT with Dr soni for your 5000 grafts transplant. I am very eager to see your result from the 5000 grafts. If not please could you share some before and after pictures please.