Do you need minoxidil after hair transplant

I know it is recommended to use minox in the first year for maximum growth, but is it absolutely necessary?

I really hate it and would much rather avoid it as I think it was messing up my skin

13 minutes ago, literalno said:

Anybody not use minox after transplant and get great result?

It’s not a necessity mate, I didn’t take it and know of many others who haven’t. Rahal’s clinic do recommend it but just state you don’t want to start using it

39 minutes ago, Goldenboy said:

It’s not a necessity mate, I didn’t take it and know of many others who haven’t. Rahal’s clinic do recommend it but just state you don’t want to start using it

Really eh? are you on track in terms of growth?

Are you able to provide me with anyone else who hasn't taken it?

I had 4 separate HT procedures and only used minoxidil post-op on my grafts on the last procedure.  I did not notice any difference whatsoever in the regrowth in terms of rate of growth and appearance.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

18 hours ago, gillenator said:

I had 4 separate HT procedures and only used minoxidil post-op on my grafts on the last procedure.  I did not notice any difference whatsoever in the regrowth in terms of rate of growth and appearance.

That’ GREAT to hear, because I realllyyy do not want to use but still want as close to 100% yield as I can get

The lack of using minoxidil on the new grafts should not affect the overall yield.

IMHO, it is recommended by some clinics to jump start the growth or to advance the rate of regrowth, nothing else.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY