Transplanted Temple POINTS

About to get a hair transplant with Rahal at the beginning of August to lower hairline, but I also want to do my temple points. I really don't like a short but wide forehead. I was wondering if someone, anyone on this forum who has had temple points done (with Rahal would be the biggest bonus but obviously does not matter) could comment maybe with some picture of how it turned out and how natural they look in comparison to the rest of their hair/hairline. I know that they are quite hard to do so i want to be very careful than can and do look natural. Anything helps :)

• Administrators

Have you asked Dr. Rahal, for some presentations, I’m sure you could message Mattj on here and he would be willing to provide you with some cases. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

literalno check out my update and you can see the temple points coming in.

Just make sure during the consultation on the day prior you communicate your exact requirements with Dr Rahal and he will tell you if it is practical or not. He will draw out a plan where a breakdown of number of grafts per area will be allocated, so you can discuss expected density etc then. I wanted the temple points even further out but because of the amount of grafts needed he wouldn't do it. Either way he drew a hairline that I was still more than happy with.

he actually said that temple points make it look unnatural, like work has been "done" so I'm pretty confused because if they look unnatural, then wouldn't all transplanted hair essentially look unnatural?

I really need them done because where I want to lower my hairline to looks weird if they don't come in

15 hours ago, det9925 said:

besides Dr Diep I have not seen many Docs showcase temple point work!!

yeah exactly, and for me sometimes his look unnatural so I am really looking for anyone who has had natural work done. I saw a konior case where they were absolutely perfect, but that's been about it

Hey literalno, 

Temple points balance the hairline. Your hairline can be 100% natural looking but if the temple points are off... the result looks "off." 

For example, hair systems. They can't create temple points and why I can spot a system from 1000 feet. It's also common with part-time hair transplant doctors. They don't have the experience to create temple points and will just transplant the hairline. The result screams "hair transplant." 

Why? Because nature says (with rare exceptions) that your temple points needs to match your hairline. If your hairline is receding, then your temple points should too. If your hairline is more youthful, then your temple points should be too. They need to compliment each other. 

So It's not that temple points look "unnatural." It's that temple points (when done wrong) will make a hair transplant look like a "hair transplant." Guys in the know will pick up on it. Others will know something is "off." Their eyes will subconsciously drift up. It's all about balance. 

Just like your hairline... temple points are individualized, not cookie-cutter. 

We can get into how to transplant temple points too... you NEED to be a master at hairlines. If the angle is off, your screwed. If the hair is too thick. Your screwed. Choose wisely. Trust me... an unnatural hair transplant is worse than being bald. 

Nature has rules. Don't break them! And choose your hair transplant doc wisely.

Hope this helps.

2.png

3.png

2 hours ago, HairLossMentor said:

Hey literalno, 

Temple points balance the hairline. Your hairline can be 100% natural looking but if the temple points are off... the result looks "off." 

For example, hair systems. They can't create temple points and why I can spot a system from 1000 feet. It's also common with part-time hair transplant doctors. They don't have the experience to create temple points and will just transplant the hairline. The result screams "hair transplant." 

Why? Because nature says (with rare exceptions) that your temple points needs to match your hairline. If your hairline is receding, then your temple points should too. If your hairline is more youthful, then your temple points should be too. They need to compliment each other. 

So It's not that temple points look "unnatural." It's that temple points (when done wrong) will make a hair transplant look like a "hair transplant." Guys in the know will pick up on it. Others will know something is "off." Their eyes will subconsciously drift up. It's all about balance. 

Just like your hairline... temple points are individualized, not cookie-cutter. 

We can get into how to transplant temple points too... you NEED to be a master at hairlines. If the angle is off, your screwed. If the hair is too thick. Your screwed. Choose wisely. Trust me... an unnatural hair transplant is worse than being bald. 

Nature has rules. Don't break them! And choose your hair transplant doc wisely.

Hope this helps.

2.png

3.png

hey thanks for the reply. Which doctor is this result from?

Also, when I said they would look unnatural, I was referring to doctor rahal not wanting to transplant in the temples in fear that THAT would look unnatural.

But the guy above seems to have a great result! Hoping for something similar

14 hours ago, NEWHAIRPLEASE said:

Dr Rahal said “ temple points “ make a transplant look unnatural? 

yeah he said if u bring those in, it looks like u had work "done' so to speak so now im quite confused

31 minutes ago, literalno said:

yeah he said if u bring those in, it looks like u had work "done' so to speak so now im quite confused

It must be case dependent, does your hair really need fortification in that area? Can you share pictures?

I literally had no hair in the points apart from a few stray from my first op. I made it clear they were important to me and he had no problem with the idea..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Goldenboy said:

It must be case dependent, does your hair really need fortification in that area? Can you share pictures?

I literally had no hair in the points apart from a few stray from my first op. I made it clear they were important to me and he had no problem with the idea..

Yes. I completely agree with this. I’ve seen some Dr Rahal temple points and they look very good, very natural...

in fact...I’m hoping to increase my density there as well... 

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

The temple point examplea are from dr. Rahal...

If dr. Rahal said "I will look like you had work done" - it means to dont need them and he only needs to restore your "temple angles" to frame your face. Your temples points (as is) will balance the hairline. If he were to restore them also, your hairline would look "off."

Temple angles... frame your face, give you that "youthful look." 

Temple points - balance the hairline. They needs to match your temple points. A youthful hairline without temple points and the ht looks fake. Same with a mature hairline and agressive temple points. It will look off.

Micro/macro irregularity - creates a soft, natural transition.

Placement - based on ethnic background, hair loss history, etc. 

A lot goes into hairline design! Choose a hairline master like dr. Rahal or dr. Shapiro.

Edited by HairLossMentor

34 minutes ago, Goldenboy said:

i definitely need them because the space between my eyebrows and temples i 4cm +. How are yours looking so far? I am getting my hairline advanced and really think i should get my temples done as well, but my hair is kind of course so I'm thrown off.

Does anyone have any examples, besides the one above? I believe I will need more advancement than the one above.

Pictures will come the day of my procedure in August

• Like 1

No one can really give any meaningful opinions without pics. Sometimes a patient will complain that a doc doesn't do something or wont do something, but when it is drawn out, the doc is right and it's completely ridiculous and unrealistic.  

Dr. Rahal does temple points, so there has to be a reason he doesn't want to do yours. 

They are definitely hard to do. A lot of how they look is dependent of donor characteristics. White skin and course dark donor are hard to pull off nice temple points.  

• Like 1

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Temple points can often be reconstructed and look great (like in the example above) but aren't always necessary. I would trust Dr Rahal's advice and keep in mind that your surgical plan was tailored to your specific needs. You're unique and the plan is too. I would resist the temptation to compare yourself to anybody else and remember why you chose Dr Rahal to begin with.

• Like 1

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

25 minutes ago, mattj said:

Temple points can often be reconstructed and look great (like in the example above) but aren't always necessary. I would trust Dr Rahal's advice and keep in mind that your surgical plan was tailored to your specific needs. You're unique and the plan is too. I would resist the temptation to compare yourself to anybody else and remember why you chose Dr Rahal to begin with.

Great advice Matt!

• Like 1

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

51 minutes ago, mattj said:

yes i get that, but also just want to see what they look like in the hands of my surgeon because I really haven't seen that many examples, and the one I did see that was close to mine in the Rahal collection is not showing up anymore (something up with the links I think). That's why I'm so eager to see some examples, just want to know the option is there. Rahal simply said to me that when you do the temples, it looks more "done" so he didn't want to do them,  but I would like to still see examples.