H & W Doug

Dr Wong/DPA/Fine hair/FUT/4287/grafts/10 months post-op

Vancouver area patient in his mid-50’s with diffused thinning over entire scalp with no one particular area significantly worse than the other. The pre-op photos may not reveal the extent of the thinning but you can see the difference in the hairline and crown.  DPA (diffuse pattern alopecia) cases especially when combined with fine hair can pose challenges. Preserving existing hair, medication and a relatively larger number of grafts to cover considerable amounts of scalp all play important roles. Dr. Wong and team planted 4287 grafts of which 790 were singles,  2,369 were doubles and 1128 were 3-4 hair grafts.  These photos were taken 10 months post-op.

hair-transplant-before-after-4287-grafts
hair-transplant-before-after-4287-grafts
hair-restoration-surgery-before-after-42
hair-transplant-surgery-before-after-428
hair-restoration-before-after-4287-graft

Excellent work as it looks like a majority of the natives were kept intact. Is the patient on meds? I hear they almost have to when working between native hair. 

Doug, 

Hasson And Wong has been  producing exceptional results For many years and there’s no doubt that it continues today. In this particular result though, the before and after photos look like they’ve been taken under different lighting conditions. I understand it’s not always easy or possible to get an exact match especially with hair color, length and style.   But lighting is one of those variables that clinics typically have control over.   You can still see that the end result is good however, I think that it would be a better comparison under similar lighting. 

Best wishes,

Bill

what is so bad/different about the lighting...? lol

Doug - the result is great. I agree with you at first glance it just seems he needs some hairline work, but the crown was definitely thinning. Its nice that he was able to knock it all out in one shot.

Do you know if he's on fin? I'm sure Hasson and Wong both have great skill in diffuse thinning?

great result

PeloDinero,

Thank you for the comments. Yes, with the lateral slit technique and shaving of the recipient site, the majority of the native hairs were kept intact. The patient is taking Proscar. Most diffused thinners should use something to try and prevent further loss.

Bill,

Thank you for the comments also. However, I’m not sure what to make of the lighting part. I have responded to a similar inquiry here:

We do try to match as best we can but there are some challenges. While I believe it would be ideal that the background and lighting were perfectly matched, I believe it is more important to show clear concise photos including hairline shots. If the detail and quality of the photos are intact, the background and lighting should be of little consequence as long as the result is properly presented and clearly able to be accurately assessed. Looking at 14 presentations on the front page here alone, I see 9 with different backgrounds/lighting. Some lack detail, some use flash, some are too dark, some don’t have hairline shots, some are blurry, etc. Are you planning to make suggestions on all of those? I will look forward to that 😊 . Good lighting can come in many different forms and it is more important that the lighting is good rather than just similar. Similar bad lighting is still bad. Just as two photos with the exact same background lighting with blurry hairline shots and lack of detail are of little use compared to clear shots with different lighting.    

HairlossPA,

Thank you for the comments and again coming to my defense!😊  I think most would agree with you. As mentioned, he is on meds and yes we are very good at transplanting between existing hair and on diffuse thinners when required. We were one of the first to shave the recipient areas and this result would not be possible without the shave. The shave used to be more of an issue for some patients but the most researched and educated understand the importance of this for preserving native hair.

Beautiful result. I know that Dr. Wong is perhaps most famous for his crown work, but, this hairline is unreal. So natural looking! 

hello , 

I am wondering what is the best solution to manage work life and this kind of surgery ? Doug , you know I might be looking to do the same kind of surgery but I am working in Sales and the maximum time off I can take away from work is 4 weeks .....

How do people manage this situation?

thanks