Hey guys,

146 days post op, some stupid questions.

i'm sweating quite a lot, especially at my forehead, most of the time i'm indoors. it will sound kinda dumb but i don't know if the scalp is sweating too.

is that something to worry about?, should i wash my scalp every time i sweat?, is it good to wash the scalp with water few times a day besides the time i shampoo it?.

Should i go back exercising at this time?, not walking or running, but weights (not too heavy), about 10-15 lb at the most. can it help with the growth?.

How do you create foam from a kinda watery shampoo?.

Six mark point it doesn't mean 6 months had past but 5, right?. i know i should not compare my status to others, especially when i don't take any meds or minoxi, but still, you can't help it.

do the grafts can still pop out from beneath the skin after six months?, i mean is there is a period of time which the grafts should come out and after that, even if there are more in the skin, they won't?,

what can cause that?.

Thanks.

P.S :

i posted 2 messages at the "Shampoos, sprays, and concealers" section regarding finding a decent and healthy shampoo and about derma roller, really kinda lost at those subjects and need your help guys. if anyone had some knowledge it will be great.

Thanks again.

You are fine to go back to lifting weights at this time. It won't help or hinder growth. Nor will your choice of shampoo or the fact that you're sweating. You're well past the stage where you have to be very careful with the recipient area.

Six months is six months. Normally a lot of growth will have occured at this time, but there is still plenty of time for more. Hairs sprout from bald areas. The transplanted hairs don't all grow at once. Basically, their growth cycle has been interrupted and messed up. The hairs don't all begin to grow at the same time and it would be rare that a patient sees all of their growth at six months.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

2 hours ago, wheretogo said:

Hey guys,

146 days post op, some stupid questions.

i'm sweating quite a lot, especially at my forehead, most of the time i'm indoors. it will sound kinda dumb but i don't know if the scalp is sweating too.

is that something to worry about?, should i wash my scalp every time i sweat?, is it good to wash the scalp with water few times a day besides the time i shampoo it?.

Should i go back exercising at this time?, not walking or running, but weights (not too heavy), about 10-15 lb at the most. can it help with the growth?.

How do you create foam from a kinda watery shampoo?.

Six mark point it doesn't mean 6 months had past but 5, right?. i know i should not compare my status to others, especially when i don't take any meds or minoxi, but still, you can't help it.

do the grafts can still pop out from beneath the skin after six months?, i mean is there is a period of time which the grafts should come out and after that, even if there are more in the skin, they won't?,

what can cause that?.

Thanks.

P.S :

i posted 2 messages at the "Shampoos, sprays, and concealers" section regarding finding a decent and healthy shampoo and about derma roller, really kinda lost at those subjects and need your help guys. if anyone had some knowledge it will be great.

Thanks again.

Hi Wheretogo,

You should be fine with the sweating, with this heatwave the whole world is temporary in a permasweat. You should be fine just wiping down with a towel, there's no need to wash your scalp a few times a day.

After 146 days you should be able to do whatever you wish exercise wise. Exercise will generally make you feel better within yourself, make you more healthy which can only be good for growth. Also it will help reduce your stress levels, again that can only be a good thing.

Comparing your progress with others can often get patients unnecessary worried, all worked up and stressed out which can only be a bad thing. We all grow out differently so generally you should aim for the 10-12 month mark  to assess the result, with up to 18 months to allow for the grown hairs to mature back to their natural state.

The following growth timeline has been mentioned several times on this site and I personally think it's a pretty good estimate.

3 months - 10%
4 months - 25%
5 months - 40%
6 months - 60%
7 months - 70%
8 months - 75%
9 months - 80%
10 months - 90%
11 months - 95%
12 months - 98%
18 months - 100%

Thanks mattj.

Thanks Shera.

I think my progress is according to the time line. i have patience.

My HT was at the front and little bit inside, 3558 grafts. my crown area is thin as well and the weird thing is when i shampoo my scalp when i touch the crown it's irritating as hell and i just want to scratch and rub it.

Should i wait the whole time to asses the HT before doing another one to the crown?

Any knowledge regarding derma roller for the crown?

Still need  natural, free of chemicals shampoo recommendation.

Thank you.

I would wait before going back for crown work. I had to do some math to work out what 146 days is in months (truth: I did no math, I just googled it ;) )  Your doctor would probably want to wait too. You say it was mainly a frontal procedure, but if some grafts were placed further back then it's possible that your crown loss will not be as noticeable once the grafts have grown. The balding area might be reduced to the point that you simply aren't that bothered. Of course I say this without knowing where the grafts were placed or what you look like.

I honestly don't think there is any significant difference in shampoos, other than with baby shampoo which is very mild and is recommended for use post-op by Dr Rahal. I used it post-op as instructed and still occasionally grab the bottle to use as I have the stuff for my baby son. It does the job it is intended for.

19 minutes ago, mattj said:

I would wait before going back for crown work. I had to do some math to work out what 146 days is in months (truth: I did no math, I just googled it ;) )

You are not the first one that told me that lol

well, 148 says post op now, just shy of 5 months.

22 minutes ago, mattj said:

You say it was mainly a frontal procedure, but if some grafts were placed further back then it's possible that your crown loss will not be as noticeable once the grafts have grown. The balding area might be reduced to the point that you simply aren't that bothered. Of course I say this without knowing where the grafts were placed or what you look like.

That's what i thought about at the beginning, because i don't want to use meds or minoxi. then i thought maybe using derma roller at that area could maybe help, but still don't know what kind to buy or how to use it.

25 minutes ago, mattj said:

I honestly don't think there is any significant difference in shampoos, other than with baby shampoo which is very mild and is recommended for use post-op by Dr Rahal. I used it post-op as instructed and still occasionally grab the bottle to use as I have the stuff for my baby son. It does the job it is intended for.

Everyone say you need to use natural, no parabens, SLS ,sles, phthalates, or other chemicals and every shampoo i check there is something.

I don't know how old your boy is, but congrats anyways ?

38 minutes ago, wheretogo said:

You are not the first one that told me that lol

well, 148 says post op now, just shy of 5 months.

That's what i thought about at the beginning, because i don't want to use meds or minoxi. then i thought maybe using derma roller at that area could maybe help, but still don't know what kind to buy or how to use it.

Everyone say you need to use natural, no parabens, SLS ,sles, phthalates, or other chemicals and every shampoo i check there is something.

Thanks. He's nearly 18 months old and I'm always in danger of boring people with stories of what he gets up to! :D

You're thinking about using the derma roller with Minoxidil?

I understand the interest people have in cutting out chemicals and using products that are as natural as possible, but I doubt if they make any real difference. Plenty of people have no hair problems at all while using all of the products under the sun.

You're almost half a year post op, don't worry about anything, the grafts are secure and growing, now is the time for patience.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

1 hour ago, mattj said:

I use this on the baby and occasionally on myself. Johnson's baby shampoo. This is in the UK so might not be available where you are. 

IMAG2710.jpg

Thanks so much  matt, i will look for it.

Well you’ve already been given some excellent advice, but I would join the crowd in letting you know that you have nothing to worry about 146 days after surgery in regards to sweating. Honestly, unless you were sweating profusely the first day or two after surgery, sweat isn’t or wouldn’t be any cause of a problem related to your hair transplant.  I assume at this point you are experiencing some growth  and if you don’t, I assume you will be soon. I encourage you to present monthly photos from this point out so we can follow your progress and see the transition. 

best wishes,

Bill