Average Improvements Post 8 Months

HG1

Hi Guys,

I'm currently 8.5 months and was just wondering what other members thought on a percentage basis its likely to have further improvements with regard to -

• New hairs appearing
  • Improved density
  • Improved hair calibre

I know we are all different and a 'one size doesn't fit all'. Was just looking for a ball park figure. I would say I'm about average progress wise so far. Appreciate any feedback.

5024 grafts with Asmed Clinic. Dr Koray 25th & 26th Oct 2017

Those who spend their time looking for the faults in others usually make no time to correct their own. –Art Janak

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187649-countdown-my-hair-transplant.html

15% improvement after 8.5 months. Most of that up to 10 months, beyond hard to tell. The small micro issues I had didn't improve, just the overall density, texture, hair thickness etc. Certainly no visible new sprouts beyond 10 months.

• Administrators

Depends what area you had worked, for me my hairline continued to grow up to 10 months and past that it was more of just thickening. However, my crown continued to grow up to 18 months, so at around 8 months I still saw significant changes. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

It’s really impossible to provide statistics on this because they don’t exist. I suppose I could gas based on statistics I’ve seen presented on and off for over 15 years including statistics I have shown. This is awful cough and off the top of my head by memory but here are some of the percentages.   

0 month - 0% growth 0% mature

1 month - 0% growth 0% mature

2 month - 0% growth 0% mature

3 month - 15% growth 0% mature

4 month - 30% growth 15% mature

5 month - 50% growth 25% mature

6 month - 60% growth 30% mature 

7 month - 70% growth 40% mature 

8 month - 80% growth 50% mature 

9 month - 85% growth 60% mature 

10 month - 90% growth 70% mature 

11 month - 95% growth 75% mature 

12 month - 97% growth 80% mature 

18 month - 100% growth 100% mature 

I hope this helps.

Bill

Remember, the above is a very general scale and percentages will very  person to person. But this should at least provide a general guideline. And for those who don’t understand the difference between the percentage of growth versus the percentage of maturation… Let me explain briefly. 

Growth should be simple. It’s when transplanted hair begins to poke through the scalp for the first time.  But keep in mind that transplanted hair typically starts to grow as thin, fine, colorless hairs.   

Maturation means that a particular hair or grouping of hairs have thickened, darkened and is growing normally from the scalp.   

Now keep in mind that the statistics and percentages do not include hair that is currently in the resting or catagen phase. Typically, at least 10% of your hair whether it’s transplanted or natural will be in the resting phase and not growing at all.  That’s why I said very specifically that growth in regards to the percentages above refers to a transplanted hair that is growing through the scalp for the first time. Because it will shed eventually and go to resting for a little while and then reproduce a new hair. But the second time it comes through, it will be thick and full of color like your normal hair. 

I hope this helps.

Bill