Not so good transplants in 2018? How’s ur progress coming along ?

20 hours ago, Goldenboy said:

In the short time I was staying for surgery I met 14 other people who were having or just had surgery - not one of them were intending to post on a forum regardless of result

Yeh exactly. Thousands are being done daily. Literally thousands

Okay guys .. thanks for replying .. I will keep up with ur threads .. it’s always good for everyone to be able to track ur process .. n I totally Agree this forum has many good members , that’s supportive .. I never

felt comfortable having to deal with my own hair loss situation ,, at first I was blaming on myself , I wasn’t taking good care of my hair n took it for granted .. but this forum have helped me understand that hairloss is a natural process ,, it happens ! N the better informed n knowledgeable about hairloss the better we be able to deal with it n hopefully get our hair to a point where we are comfortable with ourselves .. best wishes .. 

• 2 weeks later...

I'm only about a month and 3 weeks post.  Most of my hairs have fallen out.  The recipient area is still red but I'm the only one in reality who seems to notice.  The donor site (fut) does feel slightly raised.  I can trace the line with my hand but good luck showing it someone... they struggle to see it.  As far as I'm concerned, I have about another 2-3 months before I have anything to post.  

People are right about one thing:  By the time your results for your hair transplant come in life has moved on and you aren't thinking about it anymore.  I just spent two weeks in Costa Rica and barely gave my hair the time of day.    

• Like 1

Boards like this tend to attract extreme examples of HT outcomes i.e. look at how great I look OR look at how terrible I look!

I really, really believe that most results are just fine (average) but people tend not to post average results. If you look at lots and lots of results across various docs pre/post pics you can see this "bell curve" of HT results borne out.

• Thanks 1

I think I will have an average result and possibly need a 2nd transplant because my hair is pretty thin.  The strange thing to me is other transplants of 2000 grafts or so seem to provide or take up more space than my 2000 grafts.  Regardless, I have to wait or see.  I'm just thankful I wasn't butchered and I know if I have any issues Dr. C is not more than a phone call away.  

Of course, I just rechecked my pictures and my hairline was much more receded than the typical patients receiving 2000 to 2500 grafts.  Perhaps I fall into the category of people who should have been more aggressive.  When they draw that line on your head it looks so much better than what you have so it's difficult to distinguish how far one should go with the frontal hairline.  

Edited by kaliber

1 hour ago, kaliber said:

Of course, I just rechecked my pictures and my hairline was much more receded than the typical patients receiving 2000 to 2500 grafts.  Perhaps I fall into the category of people who should have been more aggressive.  When they draw that line on your head it looks so much better than what you have so it's difficult to distinguish how far one should go with the frontal hairline.  

This is always a difficult decision to make i.e. should one be very aggressive and have a megasession or should I be more conservative and take it slower with multiple smaller procedures? There is no perfect answer and everyone has to make their own decision in this regard. Much of this depends on your personality and the preferences of your surgeon as well. I have said before that I think the bad outcomes from megasessions may be harder to correct, while a bad outcome from a smaller session is often much easier to correct. That having been said, if your megasession goes great, you may be "one and done."

Edited by Louisjams