2,500 grafts FUE

I wanted to get the community's thoughts and comments on my FUE decision. Attached are before-FUE and post-FUE Day 7 pics. I decided to go for a conservative hairline - 1,250 grafts in the crown and another 1,250 in the front. I am 39 years old. I have not taken propecia or minoxidil.

Donor area has mostly healed but still have some burning sensation (2or3 on a scale of 1 to 10). Hoping to go back to work in 2 days.

Feel free to tell me what you think.

20180506_180542.jpg

20180506_180846.jpg

20180706_124138.jpg

20180706_124207.jpg

I guess you have to have realistic expectations. It wont be super dense, but you might have nice coverage if you are lucky. I'm a little concerned with how it'll look with the hair in the middle section and how well it blends. Be ready to lose more hair...

Good luck and keep us updated.

• Administrators

Who was the surgeon? Did you ask for these areas to be covered specifically? IMO you should have rebuilt the hairline and midscalp first and left the crown for last. With that said, I hope everything turns out well happy growing. 

Warmest regards - Melvin

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

1 hour ago, Melvin-HTsoon said:

Who was the surgeon? Did you ask for these areas to be covered specifically? IMO you should have rebuilt the hairline and midscalp first and left the crown for last. With that said, I hope everything turns out well happy growing. 

Warmest regards - Melvin

Thanks Melvin. Ideally I would have rebuilt the hairline first and then crown. But I don't know if I will be able to spend this much again. Given my financial constraint, I decided to take a conservative approach and asked Dr. Vo ries if he could do both crown and frontal hairline in this setting and this is the coverage he came up with.

Can't go back and change my request. So, I don't have very high expectations. I am hoping it will provide me with some coverage and look natural. He did say that he could add density to the mid scalp/crown later if I wanted to (which I did not know was possible).

Any thoughts on coverage and patchy growth?

I started on finasteride last week.