Feller and Bloxham Posts

My guess is Bloxham told Feller to reel it in because every time he posted he pissed on any chance of casual thread readers  opting for their clinic with his inflammatory rhetoric. 

Doesn't help that his opinions on FUE are unadulterated falsehoods and the only medical evidence he could offer where studies from FUT surgeons who had performed less than 100 FUE procedures (not even kidding, they even mentioned this in the studies as if this showed high levels of experience). Ignoring basic top-line industry standards like hyperthermosol spray and holding solutions because he thought he was above it probably didn't help his mediocre FUE results and poor experience with it also.

Their posts were entertaining, but often lacking in legitimacy when it came to debates like FUT v FUE in which Feller felt threatened. Also it was unfathomably poor marketing for their clinic.

They should keep posting results and vids though.  Bloxham is probably the best younger surgeon in the US.

2 hours ago, Gasthoerer said:

They went missing after the knock-out in the FUE vs. FUT thread ;-)

Which knockout and which thread? I started that thread actually (if it is the one I am thinking of) but without knowing the can of worms I was opening with it. Are you referring to the one where Dr. Lupanzula got involved in the debate?

2 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

I agree with  JeanLDD Dr Bloxham has the  talent and passion for his chosen field    and didn't get into the hair transplant business as an adjunct like a lot of Docs do as an extra source of income .  I actually think he is doing  the right thing as a new hair transplant Doctor to just get more time on skin and let his results do the talking   .

Have to say though I do miss the vids, I'm sure they will resume them at some stage .

Edited by Mick50

14 hours ago, JeanLDD said:

My guess is Bloxham told Feller to reel it in because every time he posted he pissed on any chance of casual thread readers  opting for their clinic with his inflammatory rhetoric. 

Doesn't help that his opinions on FUE are unadulterated falsehoods and the only medical evidence he could offer where studies from FUT surgeons who had performed less than 100 FUE procedures (not even kidding, they even mentioned this in the studies as if this showed high levels of experience). Ignoring basic top-line industry standards like hyperthermosol spray and holding solutions because he thought he was above it probably didn't help his mediocre FUE results and poor experience with it also.

Their posts were entertaining, but often lacking in legitimacy when it came to debates like FUT v FUE in which Feller felt threatened. Also it was unfathomably poor marketing for their clinic.

They should keep posting results and vids though.  Bloxham is probably the best younger surgeon in the US.

Agreed, extremely poor marketing on Feller’s part.....and not so much even for the lack of professionalism but rather the blatant disregard of current trends in FUE. I’ve had 5,000 or so grafts removed via FUE at this point and you just simply can’t tell in the donor....so it just makes Feller seem like an absolute nut job when I read that stuff.

Jury is still out on Dr. Bloxham.....and I think Dr. Nadimi is head and shoulders the best younger surgeon right now. Looking at who each studied under says a lot, too. 

I am hoping Dr. Bloxham is just getting some experience from Feller and then going out on his own because I don’t believe being associated with Feller is ultimately going to be good for his reputation. 

1 hour ago, matt3480 said:

Agreed, extremely poor marketing on Feller’s part.....and not so much even for the lack of professionalism but rather the blatant disregard of current trends in FUE. I’ve had 5,000 or so grafts removed via FUE at this point and you just simply can’t tell in the donor....so it just makes Feller seem like an absolute nut job when I read that stuff.

Jury is still out on Dr. Bloxham.....and I think Dr. Nadimi is head and shoulders the best younger surgeon right now. Looking at who each studied under says a lot, too. 

I am hoping Dr. Bloxham is just getting some experience from Feller and then going out on his own because I don’t believe being associated with Feller is ultimately going to be good for his reputation. 

Dr Feller may not to be everybody's taste personality wise, I personally like his straight talking much prefer that to a lot of BS spiel you get with a lot of other clinics/ Docs .    

Regarding  his opinion regarding strip versus FUE he's not alone in believing that for large cases most people are better off going down the FUT route ,I would say Dr Bloxham would have received excellent training with Dr Feller as I think most people laymen and Docs alike  respect Dr Feller as a professional hair transplant surgeon  with years of experience ...of course he has his failures like all the top clinics do, we have all seen them  on here .

Just to add I had FUE Had  4200 FUE grafts in Turkey over 3 years ago  with what was essentially a tech clinic the Doc just drew the hairline ,and I'm one happy camper with the result  ,but I still think for most guys the FUT is a safer bet if they are looking for density 

• Like 1

Personally, I always found Dr Feller's input to be very valuable. You can argue that it was poor marketing (and I was often left a little bit surprised by what I read), but we don't judge a doctor on their marketing. I for one would like to see him back. The forum is at its best and most useful when people are slugging it out. That's when you reach the truth.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com

2 minutes ago, mattj said:

Personally, I always found Dr Feller's input to be very valuable. You can argue that it was poor marketing (and I was often left a little bit surprised by what I read), but we don't judge a doctor on their marketing. I for one would like to see him back. The forum is at its best and most useful when people are slugging it out. That's when you reach the truth.

Completely agree with this. Debate is good! This should not be an echo chamber.

17 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Which knockout and which thread? I started that thread actually (if it is the one I am thinking of) but without knowing the can of worms I was opening with it. Are you referring to the one where Dr. Lupanzula got involved in the debate?

There were several threads, cause some had to be closed by the forum supervisors.

Feller and Bloxham dissappeared shortly after the results from Dr. Vories were presented with > 90 % growth rate for a small FUE test case (even FUE into scar tissue). Bloxham said that he expected this results as it was small procedure and by that totally contradicted the story of his partner Feller ("3 forced which cannot be overcome").  That was basically the start of the end of this debate...

In general: I always like when clinics offer their advice in here. And I also gave F&B credit for that, but (and this is a big BUT) if you speak with superior authority (and this is what Feller always claimed for himself) you have also superior responsiblilty and have to care even more about the facts. Feller and Bloxham gave completely false numbers several times, they miscalculated numbers (inentionally or untinentionally) or used poor research as the only source. They also did not (!) answer questions which were asked by several users including other clinics. In my opinion, it is correct that people call them out for that.

P.S. I still believe that F&B is a good clinic and even recommended people to have FUT there over FUE somewhere else.

Edited by Gasthoerer

It's the end results that count...some docs do a superb result with FUHT and some with FUE.

The bottom line?  Is the patient happy with the end result and did he/she get what they paid for?

We can all debate the merits of either technique but like I said, it's the end result that counts!...;)

Edited by gillenator

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

49 minutes ago, gillenator said:

It's the end results that count...some docs do a superb result with FUHT and some with FUE.

The bottom line?  Is the patient happy with the end result and did he/she get what they paid for?

We can all debate the merits of either technique but like I said, it's the end result that counts!...;)

100% agree. 

On 7/6/2018 at 4:44 AM, Mick50 said:

Dr Feller may not to be everybody's taste personality wise, I personally like his straight talking much prefer that to a lot of BS spiel you get with a lot of other clinics/ Docs .    

Regarding  his opinion regarding strip versus FUE he's not alone in believing that for large cases most people are better off going down the FUT route ,I would say Dr Bloxham would have received excellent training with Dr Feller as I think most people laymen and Docs alike  respect Dr Feller as a professional hair transplant surgeon  with years of experience ...of course he has his failures like all the top clinics do, we have all seen them  on here .

Just to add I had FUE Had  4200 FUE grafts in Turkey over 3 years ago  with what was essentially a tech clinic the Doc just drew the hairline ,and I'm one happy camper with the result  ,but I still think for most guys the FUT is a safer bet if they are looking for density 

I agree, I liked Dr. Feller, he is an honest, straightforward poster on here and he won't BS you. While most now disagree with his viewpoint on FUE, he is still a valuable contributor to the forum and always interesting to read. I would hope they decide to resume posting again. 

My first in person HT consult was with Dr. Feller because of his reputation and the fact that he was in my backyard. I think he's a top notch surgeon and agree with most of his arguments in the FUT vs FUE debate. Unfortunately, I think he overly discounts patients' real choice and option in wanting to undergo a less invasive procedure with FUE. At least that was the case for me, I did not want a strip scar from ear to ear. I chose to undergo 3 smaller FUE procedures spread out over time that were less invasive and quicker healing time to get back to work and other activities. Hasson & Wong are now doing FUE if a patient so choses, I hope Feller & Bloxham embrace that option for patients as well. 

Well I hate that I’ve not been around to much and I’ve missed the whole debate but I’ve always like Dr Fellers results. He’s always been a little chirpy on the board but his results speak for themselves. Good surgeon. 

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

Sometimes it better to have a doctor that is a straight talker from the beginning and tell you realistically what he/she can do, instead of doctors, that lead you to believe things will be this and that through elaborate marketing and head nodding in consultation meetings when you mention your goals and concerns.  

Dr Feller is a straight talker, but i think he has limited powers to what he can say if few paying docs go against him.  

He doesnt post on here as much though.  I have noticed that myself.  

I like his honesty. I want a top surgeon, not a best friend and a sing-along by the campfire. If they were based in Europe, they'd be on my shortlist. I also appreciate the time and effort they put into educational material on Youtube etc. It shows they are really passionate about their work. I also think their results videos are always very honest - wet hair and a comb going through it in the same lighting, situation etc.

Not sure what the point of "honesty" is if some of the stuff he is saying is unconfirmed or downright false?

Any person can be real frank with you and every word coming out of their mouth could be a lie....

Bottom line...if he thinks FUE is bad and should not be done then he either isn't skilled at FUE or is way way way way behind the times. Each person is different.....but I am damn glad every day I didn't opt for FUT and don't have a scar at the back of my head. I have had over 5,000 grafts taken and you cannot tell at all....I wear my hair as short as I want, too, in the donor. Not sure how a surgeon can knock that

Edited by matt3480
  • Like 1

His FUE results are good though. The thing is, what he says is true though: FUT produces higher yields and the transection rate is lower. Skilled surgeons can lower the transection rate significantly but it is still higher than FUT. Ultimately, it comes down to preference.