U.S To Turkey or India

has anyone gone from US to Turkey or India? I am planning on possibly making the trip but I have never flown over the ocean, just seeing if anyone from US has made this trip to these overseas doctors and can maybe shed some light on their flying experiences and who they flew with, trying to ease some nerves! Just want a safe trip there and back!

Yea; Chicago to Jaipur, India (near Delhi).  Bring your own snacks, your own pillow and do some stretches and hang out in the galleys in the middle and back of the plane where they have beverages and snacks for passengers.

Sometimes on a super-long flight I'll even sit in the bathroom for 30 minutes and just enjoy not being near any humans.

Be prepared for completely full flight on way back from India.  On the way you might get lucky and have 1/2 plane empty so you can completely sprawl out.

Just realize it's an endurance test.  I tick off the progress via each 20% of time from 'door to door.'

Open your mind to new t.v. series and movies that are offered - it is the only thing that can fight the tedium.  Or bring along a t.v. show you can binge watch.  A good book only goes so far.

peace...