spex

My Hair Transplant at The Harley St Hair Clinic

Hi guys 

Ive just undergone another hair transplant at The Harley St Hair Clinic and I'm currently 4 weeks post op. I received 618 FUE into my hairline zone whilst slightly lowering it too as well as broadening it out slightly. My experience was fantastic and a write up alone with a video interview can can be seen here as well  Pursuit of the perfect hairline on Apetogentleman. Why undergo yet another hair transplant? ..... Why not ! I felt my hairline could be better and I have donor hair to work with. After seeing so many natural dense hairlines from the clinic i thought it was time to revisit my hairline in order to tweak it and refine it and make it the best it could be. I cam onboard as their patient advisor in the new year and the results I've witnessed have been very impressive!

I receieved the following :

Harvested 618 FU by hand, via FUE, which equated to 1021 hairs.

Placed multis behind the hairline to help bulk up thinner areas.

Used single hair grafts along the frontal line

Implanted in the recipient area single handedly.

https://vimeo.com/277343174

On the day of the procedure  I arrived at 8am, feeling excited. To make it easier for other patients to understand my thought process and what to expect from the hair transplant procedure, I started filming the whole experience and this will be produced shortly. I met the highly regarded Dr. Kovacheva. We sat down at length to discuss my concerns and goals. Im pleased to report that right off the bat she embraced my vision. While also remarking on how good the previous hair transplanted hairline looked. We discussed the angulation and the overall new design and agreed to not alter the design of the hairline, but just lower it slightly. 

I'll allow the pictures to help tell you the process.

20180604_HSHC_0008.jpg

20180604_HSHC_0020.jpg

20180604_HSHC_0034.jpg

20180604_HSHC_0147.jpg?w=1100&ssl=1

20180604_HSHC_0153.jpg

20180604_HSHC_0125.jpg

20180604_HSHC_0156.jpg

20180604_HSHC_0221-1.jpg

20180604_HSHC_0231.jpg

20180604_HSHC_0249.jpg

20180604_HSHC_0271.jpg

20180604_HSHC_0287.jpg

20180604_HSHC_0109.jpg

20180604_HSHC_0105.jpg

image.thumb.png.c24dd2a888e920e8b1880deb1f74907b.png

1 weeks post op 

unnamed-7.jpg

2 weeks post op 

unnamed-8.jpg

3 weeks post op 

unnamed-9.jpg

3.5 weeks post op 

unnamed-1.jpg

I'll keep the topic updated along with add video updates too. Any questions please ask !!

Regards

Spex

Edited by spex

Visit my website : www.spexhair.com 

You can read my regular columns for The Telegraph and The Huffington Post, Apetogentleman and Vitabiotics via my site and you'll find a great deal out about me and the industry there! 

I am patient advisor for The Harley St Hair Clinic, Dr. Scott Alexander, Dr. William Lindsey and Dr. Tejinder Bhatti. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. I am salaried by all the surgeons I represent.

You can read my regular columns for The Telegraph and The Huffington Post, Apetogentleman and Vitabiotics via my site and you'll find a great deal out about me and the industry there! 

I am patient advisor for The Harley St Hair Clinic, Dr. Scott Alexander, Dr. William Lindsey and Dr. Tejinder Bhatti. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own. I am salaried by all the surgeons I represent.

Hi Dj, 

Nice to hear from you. Donor is still remarkably good and thoughts are i have another 1000+ via FUE safely. 

Thanks 

Spex

Here is a video update i made at 2 weeks post op my session at The Harley St Hair Clinic. Healing has gone very well and I've defo experienced a little shock loss in the recipient area which i'll intend to do a video on shortly.B|

Regards

Spex

Looks really refined and clean look forward to the updates

All the best man

ej

Hi Ej, 

Thanks for the comment. Im incredibly impressed to date with how things have gone along with the healing. Been around the block like you so I've got a good control on how to compare different hair transplant surgeries. Long time no speak. Did you seek resolve on your repair journey ?

Regards

Spex

On 02/07/2018 at 5:12 PM, spex said:

Hi Dj, 

Nice to hear from you. Donor is still remarkably good and thoughts are i have another 1000+ via FUE safely. 

Thanks 

Spex

Good man. Look forward to seeing your results 

Spex - after having so much surgery done, I really wanted to see your donor area with your hair that short for this latest transplant to see the FUT scars. You can just about make one out on one of the pictures but not completely. I don't suppose you have a picture do you? Thanks and sorry for asking!

Also, why did you opt for a lower hairline when it already looked so good? I don't think you did at all but if you absolutely had to do something, and I assume it was on the house anyway, why not get your temple points done?

Hi, 

Here is best pic i can find. Ive 1 strip scar that runs up right hand side and stops at back.

20180604_HSHC_0069.thumb.jpg.f05046825af53a9b5ebed58b46e20b7f.jpg

1 hour ago, TrixGlendevon said:

Also, why did you opt for a lower hairline when it already looked so good? I don't think you did at all but if you absolutely had to do something, and I assume it was on the house anyway, why not get your temple points done?

I wanted to make it even better and was a free surgery yes as disclosed in the Ape to Gentleman article.

My temple points do not trouble me in the slightest.

Regards]

Spex 

11 minutes ago, spex said:

I wanted to make it even better and was a free surgery yes as disclosed in the Ape to Gentleman article.

My temple points do not trouble me in the slightest.

Regards]

Spex 

Thanks Spex! And I didn't read the article, sorry. However, I wasn't implying there was some sinister plot involved. I just know you are now representing them so it made sense. Mine wouldn't (and don't) bother me either but neither would my hairline if it were yours pre-surgery. You can always make everything better with a touch up. I just think there would have been more bang for your buck with the temple points over an already excellent hairline. That said, as I mentioned above, I don't think you needed anything at all!

Thanks for the pic too. You can barely see it - I can just about make it out above the ear but that is only because I know what I am looking for and I am looking for it in this particular case. It is more visible on the first set of photos you posted in the OP - the second mugshot photo post-surgery with you looking diagonally to your left but the hair is also a lot shorter there. Is that from the ATP you had into it?

Hi, No worries at all. Only too happy to help best I can. You are more then welcome to inspect my donor for yourself man  - You based in UK ? 

I had ATP into the entire donor region which really helped dilute down the scar. It wasn't just through the scar but the entire donor. It really helps disguise the FUT scar. Ill try get further pics otherwise happy to show you in person. Hopefully you know me well enough on here to know i've no issues meeting up. Im in London on 15th August!

Regards

Spex

I am but I won't be able to get to London on the 15th unfortunately (friend's birthday on Saturday night). Really appreciate the offer though!! Thanks.

On 7/6/2018 at 12:14 PM, spex said:

Hi Ej, 

Thanks for the comment. Im incredibly impressed to date with how things have gone along with the healing. Been around the block like you so I've got a good control on how to compare different hair transplant surgeries. Long time no speak. Did you seek resolve on your repair journey ?

Regards

Spex

Hi Spex

Yes thanks for asking, I am in a lot better place than I was left in. I was thinking that when I met you, was at  the start of this repair journey and you saw my start point, which we both know was not great. Would be good get your opinion sometime on how things have progressed,  yes I would like to carry on with the repair but feel that I am in no rush at this point in time

All the best

ej

Hi Ej,

Glad to hear you are in a better place. Happily meet up for a coffee anytime.

Regards

Spex

The results  are a way off yet but thanks for the comment. The technique used was FUE.

Regards

Spex

Hi guys, 

Here is my 6 week update. The redness surprisingly is still lingering in the recipient area. Its fading slightly each day but due to the nature of dense packing I thing the healing will take a few more weeks until its completely returned to normal. Also there is a slightly amount of shock loss in the recipient area, again to be expected as the news hairs that were planted slightly into the existing hairline were packed very densely.

Hopefully in a couple of months from now that will have started to return. 

Regards

Spex

unnamed.thumb.jpg.28b4c87cd4d6781643674db8ed70fd61.jpg

Hello Sparky, Nice to see you back online. Thanks for the kind comments too.

I had ATP done at The Harley St Hair Clinic  - Topic here Spex ATP session

The back looks great thanks. Happy to meet up and show you in person anytime. Im in London on the 15th August.

Regards

Spex

Hi guys, 

7 week post op video update. 

Regards

Spex

You said you have just got out of the pool - not concerned about the sun or chlorine damaging the recipient? The doctor told me to avoid chlorinated water and the sun for the first 3 months.

Edited by TrixGlendevon

20 hours ago, TrixGlendevon said:

You said you have just got out of the pool - not concerned about the sun or chlorine damaging the recipient? The doctor told me to avoid chlorinated water and the sun for the first 3 months.

Hi there, 

Not concerned as in the pool a brief time and washed hair off straight after. Head has also had minimal sun exposure as wear a cap majority of the day. Been in the sea too which I have to say had really helped the general redness.

The regrow of the hair has been quick and hopefully people can see how much regrowth they can expect post op a complete shave down 7 weeks post op.

Regards

Spex

59 minutes ago, spex said:

Hi there, 

Not concerned as in the pool a brief time and washed hair off straight after. Head has also had minimal sun exposure as wear a cap majority of the day. Been in the sea too which I have to say had really helped the general redness.

The regrow of the hair has been quick and hopefully people can see how much regrowth they can expect post op a complete shave down 7 weeks post op.

Regards

Spex

Interesting! Thanks for the reply