Best doctor for hair transplant repair and FUE into scar

I had 1000 grafts FUT done about a year ago in the front of my hairline and it has been pretty disastrous. I am trying to put together a short list of doctors who specialize in hair transplant repair or even removal. I would LOVE to get at least 500 of them out, my natural hair behind my transplants looks great but I am well aware of the complications that could befall getting the transplanted hairs removed. I also have a pretty large strip scar in the back that needs to be filled in.

I live in Jersey but I am making a trip down to Dr. X in September.  I was wondering what other doctors you would recommend that are skilled in fixing or removing previous transplants.

Thanks

Tjmiles,

Welcome to our hair restoration discussion forum and thanks for posting. However,  due to the advice of our attorney, we no longer host any posts or topics that reference the physician you mentioned.   Therefore, I had to remove his name from Your post.  

Ultimately, who  you choose  for hair transplant surgery Is up to you. However, we do recommend some outstanding hair restoration surgeons in the surrounding states.   I suggest following https://hairtransplantnetwork.com/Consult-a-Physician/hair-transplant-surgeons.asp   To see the list of surgeons we recommend along with examples of their results, patient reviews, videos,  contact information, photos and more. 

I hope this helps. 

Bill

Me too buddy.  I have a terrible FUT scar.  I tried FUE into bit it still sucks because it's indented.  I think I'm gonna go with Hasson and Wong clinic.  My head was shaved 25 days ago so my hair is about half an inch and it's still clearly visble.  sucks

IMG_2672.JPG

Densedream:

Perhaps a scar revision would be in order in addition to the efforts to camo up the area with FUE.

I'd investigate scar revision with reputable surgeons.

Edited by Speegs

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

Yeah Speegs I'm already on it.  Looking at Hasson and Wong most likely.  They have numerous photos of scars on their site and I've seen them posting spectacular results on here since I joined 7 years ago.  No doubt they can make it better.  I would even care if it was more than "pencil" wide.  It's the indent that makes me unable to hide it.  If it were flat, FUE into it and SMP would make it great.  

21 minutes ago, densedream said:

Yeah Speegs I'm already on it.  Looking at Hasson and Wong most likely.  They have numerous photos of scars on their site and I've seen them posting spectacular results on here since I joined 7 years ago.  No doubt they can make it better.  I would even care if it was more than "pencil" wide.  It's the indent that makes me unable to hide it.  If it were flat, FUE into it and SMP would make it great.  

What part of country do you live in?

If you're in west coast or pacific northwest definitely smart to do Hasson & Wong and Gabel, those are the best with scars on that coast.

I'm in Asia now.  But I learned never let distance be a factor.  These scars are with you forever.  An extra 500$ on a ticket or 10 hours on a plane is worth peace of mind for the decision that will last forever.   I have much regret going to the cheapest coalition doctor I could find.  

12 minutes ago, densedream said:

I'm in Asia now.  But I learned never let distance be a factor.  These scars are with you forever.  An extra 500$ on a ticket or 10 hours on a plane is worth peace of mind for the decision that will last forever.   I have much regret going to the cheapest coalition doctor I could find.  

Sorry for your frustration, thank you for being an advocate for patients to do their homework, it can't be preached enough.