Announcing our New Mobile Friendly Forum - Issues and Updates

Hello everyone, and welcome to our new, mobile friendly discussion forum and social community. This has been a long time coming especially given how popular mobile phones and tablet devices have become in browsing and using the web. So, we figured it was due Time to upgrade our community to something more modern and mobile friendly. Our previous community coupled a discussion forum with a true social component  hello everyone, and welcome to our new, mobile friendly discussion forum and social community. This has been a long time coming especially given how popular mobile phones and tablet devices have become in browsing and using the web. So, we figured it was due Time to upgrade our community to something more modern and mobile friendly. Our previous community coupled a discussion forum with a true social component  tied together with custom programming. This made  updating or migrating to a new community a very difficult task.   So instead of updating to the new version of social engine and a new version of Vbulletin Which we have found this to be a bit more clunky and not as modern looking, we chose a completely brand new platform called Invision.   The nice part about Invision Is that it is very customizable and user-friendly so that we can create and make the community what it needs to be calm with out making upgrades and updates to the software a monumental task.

Currently, effective July 1 at 4 AM Eastern standard time,  our new Hair Transplant Network  Community went live. That said, there are still several migration related scripts Running and it’s possible that certain features may not appear 100% normal until they are complete. In addition, we have found a few bugs that we are working on fixing. Most of the bugs appear to be with the mohawk hundred  running and it’s possible that certain features may not appear 100% normal until they are complete. In addition, we have found a few bugs that we are working on fixing. Most of the bugs appear to be with the  Mobile version and the menu options. 

Below are some of the issues we are aware of. However, if when using this community,  you experienced a problem or an error, please let us know either by replying  to this topic or by emailing me and help@hairtransplantnetwork.com. 

1.  The  features at the top of the mobile grid menu do not work. This includes  when you click you’re logged in user name, the notification icon or the envelope. 

2. The “consult a physician”  button on the top right-hand side of the mobile version is to be changed to “find a physician“ and will link to  our list of surgeons recommended by this community on the Hair Transplant Network. 

3. When a Logged in member creates a new post or topic with Photos, it needs to be approved by a moderator. This is not supposed to happen.   In the meantime, I am approving the posts as I see them. 

4.  A few of the links in the hair transplant photo section and the blog section are not working at the moment and need to be updated. 

These are the primary issues we are working with at the moment, there may also be a few additional display issues but that is because not all of the migration scripts are completed  

You are all encouraged to report any issues on this topic or by sending me an email at the address above.  Moreover, if you have any suggestions for improvement, feel free to email us or mention them on this topic also.

I look forward to your involvement on our new and improved mobile forum.

onwards and upwards,

Bill

• Administrators

I would also like to add that we have been experiencing some issues with members credentials being transferred correctly to this new platform. If you cannot login with your original credentials, you can use the "Lost Password" feature which will then allow you to immediately reset your password. Your email address will be the same as before, so please use the same address as on the old forum to reset your PW.

We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Hans

Hans

Webmaster

• 2 weeks later...

Members and guests, we are currently experiencing some issues with the team design of our new forum, ever since we did the software update a couple days ago. So if you see the forum looks a little different now than it did when we first launched it, it’s because we are working on fixing the custom template to work with the new software. 

I’m sorry for the inconvenience this may have caused, but just know that the design of the forum is much better looking than the version you may be seeing as of this post.

Oddly, administrators are able to use and see the custom theme with only a few minor bugs.   But we are working on getting that seem to work for everybody including guests. So stay tuned and sorry for the imconvenience.  

Best wishes,

Bill