Blood Tests Advice - Pre Finasteride

BuddyX

Hi guys. Been using the forum for a number of years, however this is my first post.

Firstly, just want to say thanks to everyone who contributes. I've gained a lot of knowledge from this resource with regards to hair loss.

I'm going to be trying out finasteride/propecia soon and wanted to get blood tests done before I do. I'm from London. My understanding is that I need to get the following tests done:

1) Testosterone

2) Estrogen

3) FSH

4) LH

5) DHT

Would you agree that these are compulsory ?

If you're from the UK, then you probably know that GP's won't sign off these tests unless there is something wrong with you. While I've got a general blood test scheduled via my GP (Testosterone, PSA, Liver Fucnction etc etc), most of the above list are not included.

I've found a place called MediChecks (online) that will do the above tests, however they are charging 69 pounds for tests 1 - 4, which are part of the same test, and then a separate 99 pounds for test 5, the DHT one which of course is the main one where Finasteride is concerned.

Does anyone have any advice on whether I need all the tests I've listed above and any other places I should look at to get these tests done, with an eye on price/reliability etc.

Sorry for the long post and thanks in advance.

Buddy.