When do you pay the final fees for the surgery?

Hi guys,

I have a question,

To secure a surgery date I know you have to pay in advance an amount of money (About 2,000$).

But when do you have to pay the rest amount? If I have been quoted 13,000$, beside the 2,000$ to pay to secure the surgery, do I pay the other amount at the day of the surgery or before?

And if I have been quoted for 2,500 grafts, but at the end, I will need only 2,000 grafts, do I get a partial refund?

Thanks!

Remaining balance due the day prior to surgery, and yes if you end up with less grafts than paid for then typically you should receive the appropriate refund but I would clarify this with the clinic before hand. The refund may not apply if you have struck a discounted deal with the clinic, which can happen with last minute bookings etc.

• Moderators

This will vary depending on the facility. Where I went they required a deposit when I booked the surgery and then the balance was due the morning of the surgery. At the end of the day when the surgery was done we settled the balance. If they did more grafts than expected then I paid the remaining balance or if we did less grafts they will refund the appropriate amount.

Al

Forum Moderator

(formerly BeHappy)

I am a forum moderator for hairrestorationnetwork.com. I am not a Dr. and I do not work for any particular Dr. My opinions are my own and may not reflect the opinions of other moderators or the owner of this site. I am also a hair transplant patient and repair patient. You can view some of my repair journey here.

This will vary from clinic to clinic, but most likely you'll need to be paid in full by the time you have the procedure. Most clinics will work with an outside finance company as well if you need help getting a loan, though you may find a better rate by going with your own bank. I took out a loan with my bank, and since my credit was good and had good history with them, I paid almost no interest on it at all.

I am a patient advocate for Dr. Parsa Mohebi in Los Angeles, CA. My views/opinions are my own and don't necessarily reflect the opinions of Dr. Mohebi and his staff.

Check out my hair loss website for photos

FUE surgery by Dr. Mohebi on 7/31/14
2,001 grafts - Ones: 607; Twos: 925; Threes: 413; Fours: 56

Most practices have you either pay all up front or pay a signifcant down payment as a deposit and then settle up the rest with you on the day of surgery.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016