3140 Grafts FUT African Curly Hair - NORWOOD 4 - Dr. Arocha

Pozo7

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks, 

Here's my 7 month update. Density has been increasing which I'm really happy for. I have felt a handful of pimples which I hope are even more hairs growing in. Overall I'm very happy with the results. Long are the days of trying to conceal the receding hairline. Now I can style my hair how I like which has taken a load of off my back. 

The texture of my transplanted hair is getting closer and closer to the original state of curly and soft. This was something that concerned me when I started the growth stage where the hair felt with.

IMG_20190122_070349.jpg

IMG_20190122_070341.jpg

• 2 months later...

IMG_20190321_104243.thumb.jpg.98cf978c5293e7b6815f1cc8a201f58d.jpgHello guys,

Just a quick update on my HT. Im currently in Month 8. I'm extremely happy I went with Dr Arocha and the entire procedure in general. 

Since my last post my hair has mostly thicken and its texture is closer to the rest of my hair.

In my case I use pomade to bring out the Curls in my hair as well as hair fibers to darken my scalp. (Hair transplant will not give you 100% coverage especially if you're completely bald). 

Attached are photos with and without hair fibers 

IMG_20190317_163018.jpg

Edited by Pozo7

35 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

that lineup looks fresh bro. looking good. how do you wear your hair in the back with the scar?

As far as my hair I have kept my haircut the same as pre op. I normally get a mid taper with a 1 guards on the sides and and back and 2 guard on the mid back and sides. The scar is visible on my left side and hard to see in the back and right sides. 

I currently use gray away concealer on the left side and it's really hard to notice with it on. 

I would avoid FUT if you want the seamless appearance however with the products and hair styles available it's easy to hide the scar.  I will post photos of the scar. 

It's important to note that scaring is dependent on individual no matter how experienced a surgeon if you do not scar well you'll have a higher chance of  growing keloids.

• Like 1

Wow! Thanks for the thorough update. It looks like a steady improvement, and we look forward to seeing your progression. 

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

Just a quick note for those who are considering HT. Being bald in my 20s was very depressing to say the least. It got to the point where I had to really think of any activity really well before I participated and think of concerning my bald areas with hair fibers and hats. This included  things like outdoor activities (beach, BBQs, camping etc.) , Daytime events, and that included an exposed head or water. Because of this I missed out on many fun times with friends and family.

Though being bald is not a bad thing at all however at my age it was  detrimental. However I did not let it stop me from enjoying life. Concealing became part of my everyday routine some days I did an excellent job but some days like those hot summer days were just a mess lol. 

After my hair transplant and 8+months in I can say this has been one of the best investments in my life. Leaving home without a hat is not a fear anymore and water exposure is not a nightmare anymore. 

My coworkers, friends and family many of which do not know of the procedure  complement my new hair and I can finally wear my curls again. 

This post is just one POV from one person myself. On my HT journey and I hope to make others in similar situations to mine make a smart decision. For the most part in my age group many HT patients are more concerned on the monetary side of things though it is a big part of the procedure quality plays a bigger role. I recommend patients to review doctors fully through forums, YouTube videos, reviews and consultations. And go with the one who you feel more comfortable with. Don't solely base your decision on one aspect or one result. 

In my case I'm extremely happy I went with my surgeon and went through with the procedure in general. It has certainly made me a happier person.

• Like 3

On 3/25/2019 at 7:51 AM, Pozo7 said:

As far as my hair I have kept my haircut the same as pre op. I normally get a mid taper with a 1 guards on the sides and and back and 2 guard on the mid back and sides. The scar is visible on my left side and hard to see in the back and right sides. 

I currently use gray away concealer on the left side and it's really hard to notice with it on. 

I would avoid FUT if you want the seamless appearance however with the products and hair styles available it's easy to hide the scar.  I will post photos of the scar. 

It's important to note that scaring is dependent on individual no matter how experienced a surgeon if you do not scar well you'll have a higher chance of  growing keloids.

Amazing progress, can't wait to start my own hair transplant journey.  Pozo7 do you check your mail, i sent you a message few weeks ago. 

Hi all, 

Just replying to some PMs I have been getting in regards to my scarring. 

In my situation I have noticed a bit of bumping in the scar which I believe is more to my own body's way of healing. Even so the scar is not very visible even with a 2 guard as seen. 

With concealer it is undetectable. 

Now the age old question FUE vs. FUT. In my case I'm very happy with my choice considering my HT goals. I expect to keep loosing hair over the years on my crown with an FUT procedure I did not damage or reduce the amount of donor area which gives me the opportunity to do a second FUT or an FUE in the future. Also FUT I believe provides a better coverage as more hairs survive transplantation. 

Now in regards to cost money was not a deciding factor as I was going to finance part of the procedure anyway. 

My decision to go with FUT was simply for coverage and also trying to conserve as much donor area as possible for any future procedure which in my case I may need. 

IMG_20190406_143857.thumb.jpg.b565f078beadba90e7e59da6a9945810.jpg

IMG_20190406_143836.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 months later...