This patient came to Dr. Arocha with extensive male-pattern baldness. He desired a minimally-invasive procedure that would give him the appearance of having a full head of hair. He was the perfect candidate for our state-of-the-art Scalp Micropigmentation (SMP) procedure. The after photos were taken after two SMP sessions and were taken one week after the procedures.

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Before:

original.jpeg

After:

original.jpeg

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Gasthoerer, 

Thanks for these questions. Unfortunately, this young man is a repair case from a botched FUE surgery (with a different surgeon) that left him with over-harvested donor and visible FUE scars. He had nothing to show but a poor, unnatural looking result, which is why we decided to perform our SMP procedure on him. His scalp is scarred at the transplanted sites, and he also had poor growth. With our minimally invasive SMP procedure, we are trying to hide the scars and will proceed in a careful manner to empirically determine what will work best with this particular patient's scarring. We look forward to continue providing updates for this patient. 

Representative and Patient Educator for: Dr. Bernardino A. Arocha, Coalition Member. I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are mine.

• Administrators

Hi Arochaangel, 

thank you for presenting this case, was the  patients primary focus to cover the over harvested scarring? Also can you post his donor scars now with the smp

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Hey Arocha Angel,

I wasn’t aware that Dr. Arocha performed scalp micro pigmentation, but this result looks great. I’m glad you posted this so I will go ahead and make sure that his recommendation and coalition profiles are updated with this new information.  

Best wishes,

Bill

3 hours ago, Melvin-HTsoon said:

Hi Arochaangel, 

thank you for presenting this case, was the  patients primary focus to cover the over harvested scarring? Also can you post his donor scars now with the smp

Hi Melvin - 

Thanks for your question. I asked Dr. Arocha, and he said the primary purpose of the SMP procedure was not to cover the over-harvested scarring. His transplant failed to frame his face, so that was the desired reason to move forward with the SMP. He was so unhappy with his initial result that he chose to shave his head and keep his hair short. For that reason and given the over-harvested donor, Dr. Arocha felt that the SMP was the best option for this patient. Let me find a close-up image of his donor scars with the SMP, and I will post. 

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Bill - Managing Publisher said:

Hey Arocha Angel,

I wasn’t aware that Dr. Arocha performed scalp micro pigmentation, but this result looks great. I’m glad you posted this so I will go ahead and make sure that his recommendation and coalition profiles are updated with this new information.  

Best wishes,

Bill

Bill, 

As always, thank you for all you do for this community. Dr. Arocha is now offering the minimally invasive scalp micro pigmentation procedure. As we see more patients in our office, I'll continue to post additional before and after photos. Thanks for updating his profiles and recommendation. 

Kira/Arocha Angel 

On 7/10/2018 at 3:31 PM, vinzaf19 said:

Great work Dr Arocha, I didn’t know you did SMP either. This patient’s results looked great! So this patient had no other option, due to the overharvesting.i

Thanks so much, Vinzaf19! Dr. Arocha does indeed to SMP procedures. I'll post another case today of one of our recent patients. Dr. Arocha did decide that SMP was the best option for this patient given the over-harvesting of his donor. I will continue to update!

On 7/11/2018 at 7:17 AM, True said:

Hairline seems too high.

Hi True, 

Dr. Arocha follows guiding principles such as the DaVinci Rule of Thirds when determining where to place the hairline. The patient is thrilled with his new, natural-looking hairline. Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment. 

• Like 1

On 7/11/2018 at 7:17 AM, True said:

Hairline seems too high.

It does look pretty high in one of the pics but in the other it looks perfect. I think it was just a bad angle on one.  Regardless ..great work! 

Newhairplease!!

Dr Rahal in January 19, 2012:)

4808 FUT grafts- 941 singles, 2809 doubles, 1031 triples, 27 quads

My Hairloss Website

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2018 at 6:13 PM, NEWHAIRPLEASE said:

It does look pretty high in one of the pics but in the other it looks perfect. I think it was just a bad angle on one.  Regardless ..great work! 

Thank you, NEWHAIRPLEASE! When we have the patient back in, we will make sure to capture some updated images of these views. 

On 7/24/2018 at 8:14 PM, True said:

"After" pic shows a sparse crown.

Why not Fuller in crown area?

Hi True, 

Thanks for taking the time to check out this result. It's important to keep in mind when viewing this result that this particular patient underwent corrective SMP. He had a previous, botched FUE surgery with unnatural results that scarred his scalp. The scars sometimes do not accept the pigment very well. We are working to increase the density in the crown and to also hide the scars in the over-harvested donor area. We look forward to keeping you updated!