Looks like I'm good to go :)

2 hours ago, hanginginthewire said:

Sorry if I’ve already asked you this made2care but do you have retrograde alopecia at all? 

I don't. My hair is very thick and full. I simply have male pattern baldness. My hairline has been fixed and all I lack is the crown. At 51 I'm pretty blessed to have what I have. No signs of alopecia.

• Thanks 1

Hi made2car,

How are you feeling after? Are you happy enough with the result after 2700 grafts? Why did you go for FUT and not FUE

Also, could you share some more photos with natural light and if possible outside in the sun? All the photos I have seen are a bit dark. 

Thanks for sharing your experience and congrats on your new look : )

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, Steeeve said:

Looks great @made2care! Very natural. So much body to it! Congratulations!!!

And you’ve still got time for it to mature even more!

Thank you. I'm very happy!! I'm fortunate that my hair is thick and medium curl when long. I feel young again!! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Quick update. I'm letting my hair grow longer on top and man !! I'm loving it! Very full. There is one little spot on my right side that I will take a pic of. This will probably need a touch up but all the rest is great !

p.s. As you can tell, I don't mind revealing my entire face. I don't understand why people blur out their faces but hey, that's their choice , as for me, I'm proud and pleased of my choices. I want to show off my rock star looks with my new hair !! Thanks again to Dr Arocha, he's the real rock star here !

more pics to come, chow for now.

12 hours ago, made2care said:

Quick update. I'm letting my hair grow longer on top and man !! I'm loving it! Very full. There is one little spot on my right side that I will take a pic of. This will probably need a touch up but all the rest is great !

p.s. As you can tell, I don't mind revealing my entire face. I don't understand why people blur out their faces but hey, that's their choice , as for me, I'm proud and pleased of my choices. I want to show off my rock star looks with my new hair !! Thanks again to Dr Arocha, he's the real rock star here !

more pics to come, chow for now.

How much more improvement did you see after month 9?

On 6/13/2019 at 12:51 AM, jj51702 said:

How much more improvement did you see after month 9?

Each month it thickens up. It appears as though the texture changes. 

Edited by made2care

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/13/2019 at 7:34 AM, Mycroft said:

Looks great, and very natural based on the pictures. I'll bet most people you run into have no clue you had any work done.

Thank you! I have my 1 year follow- up with Dr. Arocha mid July. His assistant has consistently contacted me during the year to check on me. Very professional and much appreciated! 

• 2 months later...
6 hours ago, Steeeve said:

Hey @made2care, any update?

I missed my  1 year appointment with Arocha. I am very pleased with my left side , however my right side is not as dense. For months I noticed stubble that did not grow. I did not know what was happening and about 4 months ago dr Arocha called me and we discussed the stubble. He assured me it would grow and it has not. It's my fault I missed my one year follow up to show him this. As you can tell from the pics, my hair looks great but there is a region further back on the right side that did not grow. I will try to set up another appointment to have him assess. Other than that, I'm very pleased.

• Valued Contributor

Hmm...I’ve got quite a bit of stubble as well. I’m not so concerned with it as I’m not even at 5 months yet. I still planned on speaking to Dr Arocha about it at my 4 month visit with him.

Let us know how everything goes. I’m interested to hear what he has to say and I’m glad to hear that overall you’re pleased with everything!

6 hours ago, Steeeve said:

Hmm...I’ve got quite a bit of stubble as well. I’m not so concerned with it as I’m not even at 5 months yet. I still planned on speaking to Dr Arocha about it at my 4 month visit with him.

Let us know how everything goes. I’m interested to hear what he has to say and I’m glad to hear that overall you’re pleased with everything!

It's just strange that it's only on my right side. I had two technicians planting the grafts, one working the left side and one working the right. The tech on the left did not say a word during the procedure, the tech on the right talked non-stop and made a comment that she was having difficulty with some of the pockets due to varying punch sizes used. She also said my skin was very tough. Don't know if this played a part but I definitely want my right side touched up to match my left. Now my left side is amazing! Arocha made a strong hairline on the left since that side is styled to the right and the line is very natural looking , so points to him for that! 

• Valued Contributor
On 8/28/2019 at 5:23 AM, made2care said:

Arocha made a strong hairline on the left since that side is styled to the right and the line is very natural looking , so points to him for that! 

He’s got a real eye for seeing which way the hair grows and implants grafts in those directions. In the center of my hairline I used to have the slightest widows peak. The hair there grew in a wave-like cowlick. I hadn’t thought about it in years because it was basically non-existent to me. He noticed it and made the incisions for the grafts to be implanted in the direction that they used to grow in. He didn’t recreate the widows peak but you can still see some native remnants of it. I’ll try and get a picture of it to share. I can’t speak for any other doctor doing that because I don’t have experience with any other doctor but I just find that to be interesting about him.

• Administrators

There's no way I could tell from the pictures you've posted, it looks really good. I have to say that your hairline looks so natural, it would be virtually impossible for anyone to know you had surgery.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

22 hours ago, Melvin-Moderator said:

There's no way I could tell from the pictures you've posted, it looks really good. I have to say that your hairline looks so natural, it would be virtually impossible for anyone to know you had surgery.

Agreed! I will try to get a close up of the section on my right side soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • Administrators

@Betterhair

We would love to see an update, show us that Van Halen mane haha

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.