Looks like I'm good to go :)

4 minutes ago, Mick50 said:

Your Doc is correct in a few months you will be more than happy ,as it stands now your face is framed and are ahead  of the game 

Thank you. Each time I contact his office, I always get a prompt professional response, which is so appreciated ! This journey ,as most are aware ,can take its toll on us emotionally , so it helps when one has a doc that cares.

Looking really good at six months. Big transformation. Congrats.

I am an online representative for Farjo Hair Institute

Dr. Bessam Farjo is an esteemed member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions shared are my own.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Administrators

Looking awesome man 👏🏼

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

On 7/8/2018 at 7:10 PM, made2care said:

Okay, it's day 5 post op and my swelling appears to be subsiding but it's still quite profound. My wife is freaking out !! I assured her that it will pass , however it takes time. 

Meanwhile, since I've been home bound I have had time to further research finisteride. Interestingly enough , there have been many lawsuits against Merck for degenerative life changing side effects, some of which Merck denies even exists. 

Anyone bold enough out there to admit they have been taking this drug religiously for many years with little to no side effects and proven hair results they wanted?

Yes I can vouch for it.

When I first noticed some hair loss at age 23, I got on finasteride from 1999-2007. I forgot about my hair by 2000. I took it like a daily vitamin. Everything was great.

I foolishly stopped in late 2007 because I tricked myself into believing that i really did not have hair loss issues. Things were that good.

I stupidly was in denial at 12 months after stopping and noticing thinner hair- I only wish I had resumed finasteride at that time.  Instead I waited for almost 2 years to resume finasteride in 2009, due to pure horror and shock, after my mom mentioned something. My hair was ravaged. I went from thick hair all over to a diffuse NW 4/5 in need of a transplant. Like the company tells you, stopping finasteride will result in your hair loss returning to where it should be very quickly for your given age.

Since back on finasteride, my hair loss has once again halted, immediately.  I have undergone 2 procedures with Dr. Konior. But even now, if there was once decision in my life that i know I will always regret, it was stopping finasteride. If i had not stopped finasteride in 2007, I would not even know these forums existed. It has cost me a decade of my life obsessing about my hair. I will never go off finasteride ever again, and can accept the small risks it carries.

Edited by TimeForAction
  • Like 1

Made2care,

You can see the change from month 6 to 7. There is still a lot of time for more growth and density to come through, nonetheless this is a very good result so far given the graft count.

HT#1 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2012) - 4700 grafts

HT#2 - Dr. Rahal (Jan 2014) - 1800 grafts

HT#3 - Dr. Konior (Jan 2018) - 1200 grafts

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Madetocare,

Your results look really impressive so far! you must be thrilled. Are you still seeing new sprouts or it just maturation at this point? Also do you have a way to post a higher quality picture of your hairline? Your pictures are a little blurry

All the best man!

4 hours ago, Upshall said:

Hi Madetocare,

Your results look really impressive so far! you must be thrilled. Are you still seeing new sprouts or it just maturation at this point? Also do you have a way to post a higher quality picture of your hairline? Your pictures are a little blurry

All the best man!

I still have some new hair coming in. As I've previously posted, my left side is fuller than my right and the right section has quite a few very short thick stubble which have been dormant for a while now. I'm watching those carefully. 

I am simply using my smart phone to take pics but can try my wife's since hers is a newer one.

getting back to the new sprouts, I have also noticed some tiny pimples form just a week ago but there were just a few. These could also be a sign of new sprouts.

chow 4 now

• 4 weeks later...

Okay, I'm about 8 1/2 months out. Still have some hairs coming in. Called Dr Arocha and gave him an update. All is going well. Right  side a little behind  left side but he said it will even out. I finally have hair !!

5 hours ago, PlzRespond said:

Looks great. So u still have new sprouts after 8+ months?

When I carefully comb through , I can see some short hairs of various lengths. Actually last week I had a pimple, a sign of a new hair popping through. It will be interesting to see the final results 10 months from now. I still need to get a HD camera to show a closeup of the hairline. I know Upshall will appreciate that. 

I would also like to state this. For me this is an interesting psychological evaluation of my experience. When I finally  see what can be and was achieved, I now want my crown filled in. Don't we all , right? We attain healthy and game changing results and want more. Too me it makes sense to do the hairline first. This is what people see. At 6'3"people don't see my crown  but it's still a nagging reminder of progressive balding.

thank you for your compliments and good luck with your ventures.

• Like 1

• Administrators

Wow that's a fantastic change thanks for keeping us updated. I hope you'll continue until 12 months

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thank you and will do. I did forget to mention that when I chatted with my doc I asked him if I could get another FUT to fill in my crown.  He said its dependent upon donor site . I have had 2 FUT procedures. First was around 10 years ago with Dr Lehr ( Oklahoma City) and does not do them anymore. It was around 2000 but I doubt that number and results were sub par. Second was just last year Dr Arocha ( Houston, Tx) and so far very pleased with results, 2500 grafts . With all this being said, Arocha said he would absolutely be able to do another FUT and went on to explain the benefits of FUT respective to each patient . I think it is very important for patients to keep open communication with their surgeon on a regular basis. Yes, these doctors are busy but if they can find the time to talk with their patients,  that's one more quality to give us peace of mind.