donor shock loss ? around the fut scar

I recently had a 3000 graft fut transplant from a dr.recommened on this forum.I 10 days I will have reached the 3 month mark.I have an approximate 1 inch area of hair loss around the scar .The left side and across the back of my head..not as bad on the right side.I can feel a lot of stubble and even feels like some is growing.Has anyone had this and what was the outcome....thanks in advance

I think shock loss is fairly common and usually grows back in time.

1 year time is when i would arrive at a conclusion. Get some pictures up then we can see what, and where you are

all the best

ej

Take heart and have patience, this is a year long marathon when it comes to getting your hair's appearance to unfold.

The ugly duckling phase does not uncommonly mean a little shock loss, it will grow back.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

The shocked follicles will rest for 3-4 months and that's when the stubble starts to break through.

And I agree, the fact that you can feel stubble coming through is a good sign your shocked hair is coming back...:cool:

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Yes, as the trauma from the FUT occurred at the same time as the follicles were transplanted, you can expect the growth in the donor area to happen at roughly the same time as your new hair grows in.

I am a patient and representative of Dr Rahal.

My FUE Procedure With Dr Rahal - Awesome Hairline Result

I can be contacted for advice: matt@rahalhairline.com