FUE with Dr Gabel

Skeeter

No sorry, I couldn’t find the pre-ops I got from Dr Gabel. I’ll call the office and see if I can get one.

I know I was a Norwood 3 though, I had deep corner recession and a frontal tuft that was decent. 

The redness lasted about a month and was never really too bad to begin with.

so far things are coming along really well...

On 6/23/2018 at 11:57 AM, Skeeter said:

Here is a picture of my hair 10 days after a 2132 graft FUE procedure with Dr Gabel

in Portland. All crusting is gone and the grafts are growing. I'm preparing for the "Ugly Ducking" stage to begin. I'm pretty happy, Dr Gabel's work is really clean and neat and everything has gone very well so far.

IMG_2830.thumb.JPG.a033927004f2eb705d79b8d835fb1efc.JPG

Wow! Only 10 days out? Your density looks terrific! Looks like your healing is going quite well too. Have you noticed much shock loss since then? Looking forward to more photos too, especially if you can get closeups.  Happy growing!

Now's the fun part where with each passing month the density subtly increases until the final result unfurls.

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Skeeter,  Thank you for sharing your experience !!!!   

How are you progressing ? Was it difficult to conceal the surgery  (due to shock loss, redness, or other) ?   Any suggestions on how to conceal ?  (Hat, Hair products etc)

Hi kelmf01,

Progresding really well. Redness subsided within about two months, shockloss...I didn’t really notice any as far as I could tell. 

I wore a hat sporadically starting about two months before surgery, sort of got everyone used to seeing me in it. Wore the hat for about three months and now wear it only if I’m in the sun for a period of time such as in the field or at the beach to protect my head.

Just use a hat and you’ll be fine, here is a pic from today right after a haircut, this is exactly 4 months and three days from surgery. (But who’s counting)  No. 2 blade, high fade, top left longer. 

My head is still a bit numb in the recipient area, other than that no issues. Everything has been flawless, Dr. Gabel knows what he is doing...

Best of luck to all!

Mark

F0195F53-9787-4639-92CA-BB4BDABAB771.jpeg

1 hour ago, Skeeter said:

Hi kelmf01,

Progresding really well. Redness subsided within about two months, shockloss...I didn’t really notice any as far as I could tell. 

I wore a hat sporadically starting about two months before surgery, sort of got everyone used to seeing me in it. Wore the hat for about three months and now wear it only if I’m in the sun for a period of time such as in the field or at the beach to protect my head.

Just use a hat and you’ll be fine, here is a pic from today right after a haircut, this is exactly 4 months and three days from surgery. (But who’s counting)  No. 2 blade, high fade, top left longer. 

My head is still a bit numb in the recipient area, other than that no issues. Everything has been flawless, Dr. Gabel knows what he is doing...

Best of luck to all!

Mark

F0195F53-9787-4639-92CA-BB4BDABAB771.jpeg

How many month post op is this? Looks good.

42 minutes ago, Skeeter said:

4 months post op...

Pretty strong first third of it all, you're gonna look great circa February through June.

• 1 month later...
  • Administrators

Wow that is looking amazing at 5 months, you still have another 7 months to improve. You made a great choice by selecting Dr. Gabel as your surgeon.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...