Dr. Jean Devroye, HTS Clinic / 1011 FUE / Beard to beard restoration

Logo-HTS-2015-300.png

PATIENT'S DETAILS

32 years old.

No medications.

RECOMMENDED TREATMENT

One of the most frequent questions I get asked from people interested in a beard transplant is : "How my beard donor will look after the procedure? How long will it take to recover?"

I recently had the opportunity to closely follow-up one of my patients after his beard transplant. I'm glad to share below his photographic documentation as it can be instructive and clarifying in regards to what one can expect both in terms of donor management and actual results.

Since always, the patient was bothered from the lack of beard hair, noticeable especially on his cheeks. We therefore decided to perform a FUE procedure, using his same beard as donor area (particularly the area under the chin and the neck). The patient received 1011 single FUE grafts.

As can be seen in the photos below, the beard donor healing process was already advanced just 3 days post-op, while 2 weeks after the surgery the signs of the extractions were no longer visible. Concerning the results, the patient is extremely satisfied since we reached his goals just 5 months after the procedure.

Generally, the beard transplant presents a main peculiarity : the beard follicle is always constituted by a single thick hair (rarely two). On the contrary, hair follicles can grow naturally in groups of 2, 3, 4 or even more hair. This is one of the main reasons why I always prefer to use beard hair when performing a beard transplant procedure (when possible) : same hair structure, no need for grafts dissection.

In fact, the follicles resulting from a strip (FUT) or a FUE (from the scalp donor) must be subdivided in order to obtain one-hair grafts, because only single hair should be used in order to ensure natural results (with the exception of some double grafts that can be used to increase the density throughout the central areas). The beard present also an advantage compared to the hair: the beard hair density is less strong than the density of the scalp. So, it relatively easy to reach an original density in a single session.

SURGERY DETAILS

1011 grafts

Technique: FUE

FUE scoring and extractions executed with my WAW system, now widely used in the sphere of FUE. It consists of a very precise pedal that enables to control the movement of the punch, that I also designed myself. The main advantage is to reduce substantially the number of damaged and transected hair, thus to raise the quality of the procedure. The system is now used worldwide and several dozens of surgeons or centres are already using it.

Grafts Breakdown:

☞ 1011 Single FUE grafts

Total number of Hair: 1011

Average Hair/Graft: N/A

Dr. Jean Devroye

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-Montage1.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-Montage2.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-Montage3.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-Montage4.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-1.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-2.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-3.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-4.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-5.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-6.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-7.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-8.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-9.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-10.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-11.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-12.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-13.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-14.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-15.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-16.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-17.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-18.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-19.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-20.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-21.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-22.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-23.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-24.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-25.jpg

Dr.Devroye-HTS-Clinic-1011-FUE-Beard-26.jpg

Dr. Jean Devroye

HTS Clinic - Bruxelles

Email: info@hts-clinic.com 

Telephone: +32 2 880 70 60

Online consultation: https://www.hair-transplant-surgery.com/en/Online-diagnostic

Devroye Instruments: https://www.devroyeinstruments.com/

Dr. Devroye is a member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians

• 1 month later...

Definitely among the best beard transplant results I have seen. The area placement, angles and micro-irregularly in 99% of beard transplants I see are downright horrible, on top of the issue of it consistently failing to blend with conventional scalp donor used for this type of procedure. I think the sides ideally would be slightly higher in this case but overall it checks all the right boxes in comparison to the vast majority of beard transplants you see.

• 2 months later...

This is a unique case.  Imo, probably the Best beard transplant.  Doctor used actual beard donor from underneath chin to add to beard recipient sites on face.  Usually most docs utilize scalp donor to add to beard hair and it may not look as robust and natural as beard hair has different textures.  Aside from that, you would be wasting precious donor hair from scalp.  This clearly is an amazing approach and looks very good.  He used beard hair to the site where it was naturally intended. 

Outstanding work doc! 

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, OliverTja said:

How come there are little (almost no) scars on the donor area? This is awesome if there is no skin treatment afterwards.

Because removing follicles from the neck area is by all accounts a scarless procedure due to the skin’s elasticity in that section of your face 

Great results using the beard hair under the chin and neck area.  I hope the patient is committed to wearing a beard for a long time.  Thanks for sharing about the elasticity of the skin in that area.  I didn't realize that. 

I am an online representative for Carolina Hair Surgery & Dr. Mike Vories (Recommended on the Hair Transplant Network).

View John's before/after photos and videos:  http://www.MyFUEhairtransplant.com

You can email me at johncasper99@gmail.com

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.