Dr. Nader 4350 grafts 06/17 & 6/18

About 3 weeks out now after going to see Dr. Nader in Reynosa, MX. After speaking with Brenda on the phone back in March, tried scheduling earliest appointment possible. Was advised I'd need between 3.5-4k grafts to cover the crown and front. I would prefer not to make numerous trips and have a good hairline so was willing to pay any additional for further density, and Luis advised that he'd rather take precaution to not do excessive grafts as too many may stress the skin where the grafts may be rejected, so went with 4,350.

Background, 36 year old male of mixed Euro/Latin ancestry

This was a 2 day procedure. First day was approximately 2,150 covering the crown area and going through the middle, the 2nd day continuing up the middle and the frontal hairline.temple area. I was likely close to a Norwood 4A.

Below are before and immediately after.

20180310_102015.thumb.jpg.da1357517685d588d72197770b4666c7.jpg

5b32fc5585f8c_20180310_101949(1).thumb.jpg.41ba0f437b8015c78cb01e89324a169d.jpg

20180310_101859.thumb.jpg.be96bc02aa73dcd5b258fd88ced1d609.jpg

20180310_101917.thumb.jpg.ee78fdb5a999956039813e9626a385bf.jpg

Edited by JakeXav

This is present day, 3 weeks after. All scabs are out, starting to shed the donor hairs pretty good, also have a lot of bumps/pimples in the back near recipient area in the crown as well as some near the front.

20180608_154317.thumb.jpg.6d114c1c50f207a413e8abb9915fad1d.jpg

20180608_154345.thumb.jpg.f8d2bf93f1c2cf4253704c69b76419d8.jpg

20180608_154348.thumb.jpg.1faf2342eb306512ba84eab80d677412.jpg

20180608_154353.thumb.jpg.0ae97f2dbe3ef7df97a6f2683a4c1769.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Admittedly, haven't reached out to Nader as of yet. The crown certainly has improved. Just really awaiting at least 1 year before I can firmly believe whether I will need (likely) a 2nd go around.

• Like 1

• Administrators

I would expect more at 10 months. I don’t think there’ll be a major difference at 12 months, but hopefully he’ll improve a bit.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

it looks like the crown and mid scalp grew decently? but the hairline not so much. 

you are at the age of 36 which is kinda at the sweet spot of whether you will continue to lose hair or it will stabilize. I didn’t read if you were on fin or not. 

I agree with melvin I would expect a bit more in the hairline for 10months. In no way is it an absolute disaster. It’s a decent result. It kind of depends on your expectations going into this 

I'm on Finasteride, Rogaine Foam 2x daily, and use RegenePure DR/NT also taking 5000mcg biotin. 

Was certainly hoping for more at the hairline. Going to send a text to Nader to see what he states.

Jake,

If 2150 out of the 4350 went to the crown into the midscalp, then I assume the rest of the 2200 went to your frontal core?  Is that correct assuming you had the 4350 total graft procedure?

If so, you may end up wanting a second pass to your frontal core yet I am looking forward to your 9 month progress pics and like Melvin stated, the 12 month mark will be a good indicator of the procedure as a whole.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

Too many people going back to Nader for a second pass .. u not really saving money by going to Mexico when u have to go back a year later,  to have the same area transplanted again for density .. that don’t make no sense .. 

Looking over the pre op photos, the photo quality isn't the best so its hard to tell, but I do feel that the hairline looked low and very straight. Considering that the patient is 36 years old and having already experienced significant loss, this is always a risk. Even if the hairline had grown in great, in 10 years with further hair loss, where does this leave the patient. Hair transplants should not be a fix for the next 5 years. Of course, people who have lost hair will generally lose more, so it is a constant battle and subsequent procedures are always probable, but a long term plan from day 1 is essential.

Having said that, again, the photos are not the clearest but why has the crown growth proved more successful than the hairline and frontal third? That is interesting! 

Im sorry to say but at 10 months the frontal third does look disappointing and I don't see significant change from now and the 12 month mark. I sincerely hope that I am wrong. Some maturation maybe.

@JakeXav When were you last in contact with the clinic? I would send them over some photos and ask them their thoughts. Explain your feelings. They have to follow through with your progress and you have been very patient.

You have a great attitude regarding a second procedure, but definitely contact Dr Nader first and express your feelings and concerns.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Edited by Raphael84

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

I agree with most of what is said above. 

IMO, the hairline is too straight, the corners are blunted, and the result is underwhelming. The patient appears to have fine hair, and 2200 grafts for the front is not a lot, but it also appears that the yield still is not great. 

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

I sent messages to Nader, and will likely make a final assessment at around the 12-15 month mark. I expressed my desire for more density, and if it doesn't improve in that time frame, he was suggesting a touch-up between 500-1000 additional grafts, yet I am under the impression I would likely need at least twice that amount for fuller density.

Is there any other suggestions in terms of maintenance outside of my present routine that should be added/modified?

1. Rogaine Foam twice daily applied to crown and front hairline (after am shower and at night)

2. RegenePure DR/NT. Hair is washed daily, sometimes twice a day if I go to the gym.

3. 5000mcg Biotin at bedtime.

4. 1.25mg Finasterie. (5mg tabs cut into quarters)

Edited by JakeXav

What on earth are some here talking about, virtually nothing has grown at the front, absolutely less than 10%. People are saying the crown took...  well on what photos are people basing this? None actually clearly show before or afters of the crown. I genuinely have not seen a single good result from a first pass from this surgeon and have repeated that many times.

20190312_103659.jpg

Is this seriously what people would call "underwhelming'? No that's what 4000 grafts down the toilet looks like.

"In no way is it an absolute disaster."

He blew 4350 grafts on a procedure where literally almost nothing grew and is now dealing with an ultra low outline of a hairline that is getting towards female hairline territory in shape. In terms of growth this is a clear example of a disaster. Large amount of grafts via FUE, and under 10% growth with an ultra aggressive hairline.

Regarding what OP said:

" I expressed my desire for more density, and if it doesn't improve in that time frame, he was suggesting a touch-up between 500-1000 additional grafts,"

500-1000 grafts to repair this is a joke. Realistically the number of grafts you'd need for reasonable density in the crown and frontal third here is quite literally around the 3000 graft mark.  OP you should be consulting top FUT surgeons and avoid damaging what already looks like a below average donor with FUE any time soon. I'd look into Konior and Hasson/Wong in particular as some examples.

Forget Nader and run elsewhere quickly before wasting more time + money and giving the knockout blow to your donor.

12 minutes ago, JayLDD said:

What on earth are some here talking about, virtually nothing has grown at the front, absolutely less than 10%. People are saying the crown took...  well on what photos are people basing this? None actually clearly show before or afters of the crown. I genuinely have not seen a single good result from a first pass from this surgeon and have repeated that many times.

20190312_103659.jpg

Is this seriously what people would call "underwhelming'? No that's what 4000 grafts down the toilet looks like.

"In no way is it an absolute disaster."

He blew 4350 grafts on a procedure where literally almost nothing grew and is now dealing with an ultra low outline of a hairline that is getting towards female hairline territory in shape. In terms of growth this is a clear example of a disaster. Large amount of grafts via FUE, and under 10% growth with an ultra aggressive hairline.

Regarding what OP said:

" I expressed my desire for more density, and if it doesn't improve in that time frame, he was suggesting a touch-up between 500-1000 additional grafts,"

500-1000 grafts to repair this is a joke. Realistically the number of grafts you'd need for reasonable density in the crown and frontal third here is quite literally around the 3000 graft mark.  OP you should be consulting top FUT surgeons and avoid damaging what already looks like a below average donor with FUE any time soon. I'd look into Konior and Hasson/Wong in particular as some examples.

Forget Nader and run elsewhere quickly before wasting more time + money and giving the knockout blow to your donor.

I thought on this forum you had to go off of how you would style your hair in public and without harsh lighting and styling it the best you could? just lol at this. I agree the result is lackluster and needs a lot of work. Its just funny how you alter your opinions/stance from thread to thread.

10 minutes ago, hairlossPA said:

I thought on this forum you had to go off of how you would style your hair in public and without harsh lighting and styling it the best you could? just lol at this. I agree the result is lackluster and needs a lot of work. Its just funny how you alter your opinions/stance from thread to thread.

WTF? This patient has *literally* 5% growth in a 4350 graft case, at least judging from the frontal third.   What does this have to do with styling or the topic of the other thread? This is not "disappointing, nor is it "lackluster", he's blown 4350 FUE grafts with sub 10% growth, and been offered only 500-1000 grafts by the surgeon. That is a disaster. 

Not sure why you feel the need to act like you have no sense of reading comprehension, no set of eyes, and a brain with an IQ below 65, I'm sure you are smart enough to figure this out. I don't get what your problem is, do you just enjoy disagreeing with me for the sake of it or coming across like a sarcastic idiot? 

20180518_161807.thumb.jpg.ebdc742d4f4c81a264aefa856c00a841.jpg

20190312_103659.jpg

Just for reference in case you forget while scrolling down the page, this is the result we are referring to.

Edited by JayLDD

lol are you looking at the pics where it shows the 4350 grafts were placed? they're placed all the way from the hairline to the crown. so why are you acting like 4350 grafts were placed in the frontal third?

also... very professional of you for that second half of your post. I'll stop posting. its not worth it to engage with you. Just because you post novels every single post does not make your opinion correct lol. Like melvin has said before in many other threads... instead of saying things that you just posted in your aggressive reply to this thread, we should be encouraging people.

That's all I have to say. Good luck JakeXav

I should include how bad it looked prior with additional images. To claim I wasted over 4k grafts is absurd, but I have seen your postings previously and your incessant flaming in your replies is quite offputting.

20161228_230926.jpg

20161228_231220.jpg

20161228_231222.jpg

20161229_152640.jpg

20161229_152928.jpg

20170107_013111.jpg