Dr. Nader 4350 grafts 06/17 & 6/18

Personally I feel that the hairline is too straight, and too large of an area was covered with only 4,350 grafts. A better strategy would have been to cover only the frontal third and perhaps add some density in the mid-scalp area to ensure a thicker end result. A second pass could then have focused on the crown. 

The hairline design was also very ambitious. A more conservative hair line similar to a recent Dr. Ball surgery documented on youtube may have been a better approach. 

Check it out. His username is DnB_1989. 

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

@JakeXav

Great response in posting your up to date comparative photos of your centre parting. You are in a better position than you were pre HT in regards to visuals. You have more hair.

Considering the graft count, is the outcome sufficient? If not why?

As I mentioned I feel that the hairline is too low and too straight especially considering the 4350 grafts used. Don't get me wrong, that is a mighty fine number of grafts, but the scalp is fairly large too. Density was always going to be a concern. At what density was your hairline and behind implanted at?

The ludicrous and unhelpful posts from .... I can't even remember his name.... are as useful as Bill Gates on a Mackintosh. Ignore him. He went from 10% to 5 % and who nows what is next.

It does look disappointing, but you have much hope yet and with a solid subsequent HT, you can rebuild/reinforce the hairline and behind. 

Would I go back to Dr Nader? There is obviously a reason why you chose this physician in the first place. How do you feel about that? Whatever your final decision, do your due diligence. There are some amazing physicians out there. It is essential for you that you choose the right physician for your next surgery. Consult! You have time over the next months to consult with your other "favourite" Doctors. Hear their opinion, get their recommendations. Ask Dr Nader his thoughts, transplant density in the front, how much he perceives has grown % wise. I would agree that the 500-1000 graft recommendation moving forward is not going to achieve what you are looking for. I hope I am wrong.

You seem to have a great head on your shoulders and are approaching this very well. Again, consult with other Doctors. Dr Nader is not your only option.

Anything I can do to help, please just let me know.

Wishing you the best over the coming months.

Edited by Raphael84

Patient Advisor for Dr. Bisanga - BHR Clinic 

ian@bhrclinic.com   -    BHR YouTube Channel - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcH4PY1OxoYFwSDKzAkZRww

I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 3:51 PM, JakeXav said:

@gillenator, correct 2200 in the frontal core, but the latest pictures I have taken are from today which is almost at the 10th month mark.

So is it your goal to add to the frontal core?

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 3/15/2019 at 3:32 PM, gillenator said:

So is it your goal to add to the frontal core?

Yes I would like to add enough density up front that it doesn't appear as sparse and looks full. I did show Nader my old college ID from when I was about 21-22 which I wanted to replicate that hairline, which may have been too aggressive for 1 procedure/low graft amount.

If I do return, I will likely request 2-3k in the frontal core. No way 500-1k would be enough I would imagine.

Edited by JakeXav

• 4 months later...

I did contact him before the 12 month mark. He said a touch up is likely required though I believe I would need more grafts than he suggested. I haven't sent him new pictures yet, as I've been caught up with other life events to schedule a date. I am actually monitoring menzinlas progress as he is further along a 2nd transplant with Nader to see how well his 2nd procedure is going (looks to be well) before committing again.

I think your hair style looks best when you comb/brush from side-to-side instead of parting down the middle.

The visual coverage looks better side-to-side, just my opinion.

Gillenator

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

On 7/31/2019 at 1:40 AM, gillenator said:

I think your hair style looks best when you comb/brush from side-to-side instead of parting down the middle.

The visual coverage looks better side-to-side, just my opinion.

👍

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2019 at 11:11 PM, Raphael84 said:

@JakeXav

Great response in posting your up to date comparative photos of your centre parting. You are in a better position than you were pre HT in regards to visuals. You have more hair.

Considering the graft count, is the outcome sufficient? If not why?

As I mentioned I feel that the hairline is too low and too straight especially considering the 4350 grafts used. Don't get me wrong, that is a mighty fine number of grafts, but the scalp is fairly large too. Density was always going to be a concern. At what density was your hairline and behind implanted at?

The ludicrous and unhelpful posts from .... I can't even remember his name.... are as useful as Bill Gates on a Mackintosh. Ignore him. He went from 10% to 5 % and who nows what is next.

It does look disappointing, but you have much hope yet and with a solid subsequent HT, you can rebuild/reinforce the hairline and behind. 

Would I go back to Dr Nader? There is obviously a reason why you chose this physician in the first place. How do you feel about that? Whatever your final decision, do your due diligence. There are some amazing physicians out there. It is essential for you that you choose the right physician for your next surgery. Consult! You have time over the next months to consult with your other "favourite" Doctors. Hear their opinion, get their recommendations. Ask Dr Nader his thoughts, transplant density in the front, how much he perceives has grown % wise. I would agree that the 500-1000 graft recommendation moving forward is not going to achieve what you are looking for. I hope I am wrong.

You seem to have a great head on your shoulders and are approaching this very well. Again, consult with other Doctors. Dr Nader is not your only option.

Anything I can do to help, please just let me know.

Wishing you the best over the coming months.

Edited by Guy73

• 4 months later...

I just had 2500 gafts with Dr. Nader. It was a positive experience. My friend had 4300 grafts with Dr. Nader a year ago and he went from near bald to a full head of hair. 

Anyhow, JakeXav, given where you started from, I think your result is pretty solid. There could be better density in the hairline, but overall its a dramatic improvement. Congrats. 

Adding more density will definitely make a visual improvement.

Gillenator

• 3 months later...
  • Administrators
19 minutes ago, sandyr said:

Is there a more recent update on this ?  Could you please share the most recent pictures.

I don't think much would change, his last post was from 10 months post-op. 

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.