Hair Transplant very soon, need help and advice

Hi,

I am in Thailand with my wife and had my consultation today for an operation booked this Sunday (4 days away). I took a limited time promotion at Masterpiece Clinic which does 3000 grafts for 89000 baht (about $3800 aud) and they have done over a thousand patients so it was a good offer. However at my consultation today the Dr said I only needed 1200 grafts to cover 24cm2 in front of my receding hairline. This bothered me when he rejected blending hair past my hairline as it is thinning and looks much less than his machine calculated at 125 hairs x cm2. I will post pictures of my thin hair soon of this very soon to confirm this with the viewers here.

With the operation only a few days away I wish to know i anyone reccommends using the remaining 1800 grafts which is part of this promotion or listening to Drs advice? Thanks.

Edited by Kinematica

What it looks like is not relevant to what it is. The numbers do not lie. Assuming your hair has the average per FU for Caucasians of 2.2 or 2.3 hairs each, your average existing density is roughly 56 FU per cm2. Anyone that is going to attempt to thicken this area would need to shave the recipient and many clinics do not do this. If a clinic is saying no, they are doing you a favour because they know that the chance of permanent shock loss is quite high, due to transection of the native hair. One should never insist that a clinic perform a procedure that they are not comfortable with because it will be you that will ultimately pay the price.

Dr Lupanzula E.

MeDiKemos Hair Transplantation

Dr. Emorane Lupanzula is recommended on Hair Transplant Network

Email: info@medikemos.com

Telephone: + 32 2 535 55 40

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/user/MHairTransplantation

With the operation only a few days away I wish to know i anyone reccommends using the remaining 1800 grafts which is part of this promotion or listening to Drs advice? Thanks.

This forum has over 180,000 posts and 12,000 before and after pictures and not one about Masterpiece Clinic by any of those thousands of patients. Hmmm? :confused:

I think you should ask if anyone has heard of them or recommends them - not asking about what to do with the extra 1800 grafts.

This website recommends two (2) good surgeons in Thailand and Masterpiece Clinic is not either.

I'm serious.  Just look at my face.

My Hair Regimen: Lather, Rinse, Repeat.

Thanks for response.

I should note that my Follicular Unit is much lower per cm2 in frontal area. (As can be seen in picture). I am confident that incisions can be made around the native hairs as I can visually see this and my hair is see through in the frontal region from 2-3 feet away under any light. (And has been for a few years so hair will not grow back on meds).

Masterpiece Clinic does have a website where they have many reviews, however being prominently for Thai, I would never be able to do this without my wife helping translate. Luckily the DR does speak English.

Happy to update results, but will only go through with it if the Dr agrees to do an extra 300-400 inbetween native hairs in frontal region. I can't see the point of bringing forward a hairline when it is seethrough behind, it defeats the purpose I believe.

The hair transplant went very well. I had 1500 grafts done over about 30cm2 with another 100 carefully placed into noticible thinning areas behind hairline. I would post pics but my photos taken from the phone arent accepted within size limit on this forum strangely.

Really sorry mate but this is awful work. Looks like you maybe got 6-700 grafts at best. In all seriousness I would be considering the fact that you might need repair work in future if it looks particularly unnatural. Consult this site among other research to find surgeons who do good work.

Hey Jean, how about you take your opinion and go to hell with it. You don't know what you are talking about and you sound in no way supportive for this forum. The count was 1574 grafts, your expecting they lied to me and put their whole hospital at risk.

Hey Jean, how about you take your opinion and go to hell with it. You don't know what you are talking about and you sound in no way supportive for this forum. The count was 1574 grafts, your expecting they lied to me and put their whole hospital at risk.

Can promise you there’s zero malice intended. Being supportive means giving people honest advice, not being positive when there’s nothing to be positive about.

Count yourself, it’s not difficult to see there’s less than a thousand grafts there, density appears about a quarter or less of what the acceptable standard for natural results is. Unfortunately yes particularly in countries such as where you went, India, Turkey etcetera there are hundreds of clinics doing horrible work and lying to people about graft numbers for money. When they are so much cheaper inevitably plenty of patients will go along for the ride hoping to get a free lunch, even when they do horrible work.

And seriously I would be doing proper research for a potential repair as I think it’s highly likely the results will look painfully unnatural. Better someone tells you what to expect 6-12 months before you realize it’s the case so you can be aware of what your options are through future research.

Understand why you’d think I’m being a dick in your current situation, but give it 6-13 months and you’ll realize I’m being as helpful as anyone could be.

Alright if this is the case, and all the doctors and nurses lied to me in this clinic that my wife brought me to and reccomended. I will go back there and pin the lying cheating doctor to the wall and make him feel an entire years pain in only a few moments. The police will need to shoot me dead and you will see this in International news.

Alright if this is the case, and all the doctors and nurses lied to me in this clinic that my wife brought me to and reccomended. I will go back there and pin the lying cheating doctor to the wall and make him feel an entire years pain in only a few moments. The police will need to shoot me dead and you will see this in International news.

Probably not a good idea, wait it out for at least 6 months or so and see what you think and in the mean time more research on a source like this would be worthwhile.

Btw if it was 1576 of anything it was probably hairs. A general average is around 2.2 hairs per graft. So around 700 grafts maybe in an area that needed at least 2500-3000.

Kinematica,

Calm down. Most people on this forum have felt the type of anger you are experiencing at the moment; but honestly I don't think your work looks "bad". I do agree it doesn't look highly dense, but that's a relatively easy thing to improve upon if so. In any case it can be hard to tell from photos, especially with a cheaper phone camera. Even if the surgeon implanted the agreed upon # of grafts, most patients on this forum go back for more density and touch up - including JeanLDD who had one of the better results as he documented in his own posts.

There's nothing to do now but sit back and wait and see how you like the results. For example, being honest, I'm very impressed with JeanLDD's density results from his first transplant, but when it comes to hairline designs I prefer Konior to Erdogan. This is my preference; but JeanLDD is quite happy with Erdogan's approach, and in the end that's all that matters. I would like to have seen JeanLDD go to Konior for his 2nd procedure to see if Dr. Konior could have "softened" the hairline, and I believe Dr. Konior could have. But....in the end all that matters is that JeanLDD is happy. And overall I give JeanLDD's first HT a 9 on a 10 score. It was a very impressive result.

In any event, provided that your grafts grow - and the work looks good - you can go to a top doc for refinement (IF you want that - and almost every guy on here does!), and though it will have been more time and money, you will have saved considerably a large sum of money by having your first HT at an inexpensive clinic.

Best wishes, and please keep us updated!

Kinematica,

Calm down. Most people on this forum have felt the type of anger you are experiencing at the moment; but honestly I don't think your work looks "bad". I do agree it doesn't look highly dense, but that's a relatively easy thing to improve upon if so. In any case it can be hard to tell from photos, especially with a cheaper phone camera. Even if the surgeon implanted the agreed upon # of grafts, most patients on this forum go back for more density and touch up - including JeanLDD who had one of the better results as he documented in his own posts.

There's nothing to do now but sit back and wait and see how you like the results. For example, being honest, I'm very impressed with JeanLDD's density results from his first transplant, but when it comes to hairline designs I prefer Konior to Erdogan. This is my preference; but JeanLDD is quite happy with Erdogan's approach, and in the end that's all that matters. I would like to have seen JeanLDD go to Konior for his 2nd procedure to see if Dr. Konior could have "softened" the hairline, and I believe Dr. Konior could have. But....in the end all that matters is that JeanLDD is happy. And overall I give JeanLDD's first HT a 9 on a 10 score. It was a very impressive result.

In any event, provided that your grafts grow - and the work looks good - you can go to a top doc for refinement (IF you want that - and almost every guy on here does!), and though it will have been more time and money, you will have saved considerably a large sum of money by having your first HT at an inexpensive clinic.

Best wishes, and please keep us updated!

LOL I don't think this is a "Konior vs Erdogan" case but rather work up to modern standards vs work that in this case clearly isn't. We will see in 6 months but you can see yourself that is not 1500 grafts, it's looks barely over 600 or so in an area most surgeons would treat with 2500-3000.

I agree with your point to some degree though, however I was still in the position where I needed a large number of grafts to achieve my goals that is well beyond what Konior typically engages in for FUE nor would have been in my price range. I wasn't going to get a hairline at the height and design that I want as well as substantial crown work in a second procedure without 2500-3000 grafts. If I was only dealing with hairline issues and wasn't intending on lowering it, yes I probably would have gone with Freitas or Konior. In future if I ever feel like having another procedure (I'd rather not) I also likely would choose either of those.

It can be particularly upsetting when someone criticizes an action that is now done and over. First reaction is emotional and defensive so yeah, I get your response to Jean's comments.

This is a critical time in your healing. What is done is done so don't fret, take care of your head now , follow post op instructions and see how it all susses out. By all means, post results in a few months so that the community can see the outcome.

Well my life is over cause I had a film I needed to lead act in within the year. I am going to hunt this dr and make him feel the pain before I go. There will be no 6 months as I was already suicidal before this. And whats worse is the dr lied and assured me not to worry... not to worry and i insisted many times 30/40 FU per cm2. He even initially measured and wrote 50fu/cm2 for 24cm2.

Fuck this life.

Edited by Kinematica

Well my life is over cause I had a film I needed to lead act in within the year. I am going to hunt this dr and make him feel the pain before I go. There will be no 6 months as I was already suicidal before this. And whats worse is the dr lied and assured me not to worry... not to worry and i insisted many times 30/40 FU per cm2. He even initially measured and wrote 50fu/cm2 for 24cm2. This Dr is Norasit Ahandrik at Masterpiece Clinic, Bangkok.

Fuck this life.

Even if you don't get the results you were hoping for in this case it wouldn't be completely un-fixable. A lack of density can be addressed down the track, there are plenty of competent and ethical surgeons who can do so and a few who aren't outrageously expensive as well.

It's not the end of the world and you can still come out in a better position than you are now, it's not worth doing anything to make the situation worse.

• Administrators
Well my life is over cause I had a film I needed to lead act in within the year. I am going to hunt this dr and make him feel the pain before I go. There will be no 6 months as I was already suicidal before this. And whats worse is the dr lied and assured me not to worry... not to worry and i insisted many times 30/40 FU per cm2. He even initially measured and wrote 50fu/cm2 for 24cm2. This Dr is Norasit Ahandrik at Masterpiece Clinic, Bangkok.

Fuck this life.

Kinematica,

First and foremost take a step back, take a deep breath and relax. Your life is not over, not a single person here can say that YOU won’t be happy with the results. Remember hair restoration is a process of recovery, shedding, growth and maturation, results can take up to 18 months to fully manifest. In addition, there is no way to know how many grafts were transplanted without physical examination. In my opinion 1,574 grafts is plausible. The members here are giving their guess based on a poorly taken photo. I would take some time off from thinking about it and let yourself heal and grow. Best wishes

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Kinematica,

calm down. You did not to research and chose a bad clinic. But you were lucky: Just a few grafts were used and if the angese are OK and it grows a little, any good clinic can fix it.

Could have been much, much worse: A bad clinic could have used your entire donor.

Regarding your movie: That is no problem at all. Just wair a hairpiece for the movie like many other actors. If Sean Connory as James Bond can do it, you can do it as well.

Thank you for the supportive responses.

I am consulting another doctor today while the incisions are still fresh to perforn a microscopic metric count. We'll see roughly how many there really are.

I have attached some more photos to compare the graft count to hair behind. Being fine hair you can see the space between native hair and transplanted hair is very similar.

I confirmed with another Doctor who estimated average 35-45 grafts per cm2, given many grafts are placed together to match native hair behind. Roughly 1300-1500 was the second doctors observation.

I have attached a couple website pictures too which indicate similar graft density at just under 1500, albeit having thicker hair.

Screenshot_2018-06-15-12-16-51.jpg.bbef641aa5837493c0a580c2be7d48f8.jpg

Screenshot_2018-06-15-12-17-16.jpg.789ff6563cab64a66aa78099216b51b7.jpg

20180615_012213.thumb.jpg.26ea823736e260103c211365a95c53ce.jpg

20180612_214553.thumb.jpg.d27276c1ced74329b6410a2c3be02543.jpg

Screenshot_2018-06-15-11-54-53.jpg.afb9b03b821763613394af387b6595bb.jpg

Screenshot_2018-06-15-11-54-44.jpg.194aa7856612285472dab9fe424d5412.jpg

Let it take it's course now, heal and shed and see what the results are in 5-6 months. This discussion will have no effect on your outcome.

• Administrators

Let yourself heal and remember members who give their opinions are doing just that, giving their opinions happy growing.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.