Great growth at 3 months, then very little at 5 months, is this normal?

The important thing to remember is that hair follicles behave on an intermittent basis...and this is why it takes one year if not longer for the regrowth to fully manifest.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY

On 7/25/2018 at 10:59 PM, matt3480 said:

Whatever clinic said most patients only begin to sprout at 6 months is full of it, end of story. Most patients start sprouting at month 4 and if you have not started by 6 you are going to have a very very poor result.

I am telling you how my growth was based on my surgeries. Now again,  I am NOT talking about the crown as I did not have any work done in my crown and I have heard the crown indeed does takes longer to start growing. I am talking about the rest of the head. Sure, you may get a few hairs sprouting after 6 months, but I highly doubt you would notice much of a difference. The difference after month 6 comes from the new hair maturing and the shaft thickening (and, in my case, letting the transplanted hairs grow longer)....not from more sprouts coming in. Again, I felt 95% of my sprouts erupted by mid-way through month 5 to month 6 in all my surgeries. That isn't a bad thing....I grew in great on all my surgeries....the growth just came early.

Perhaps you're a fast grower. I spoke with the clinic again today and was told while there will be people sprout all their hair by month 6, it's also very common for the density to start coming in between month 8 and 12. I'll be going in for a check up next week but was told many patients experience around 40 percent density growth between month 8 and 12. I guess we'll have to wait and see. 

This patient, who is very satisfied with his final result, didn't his hair start filling in until month 9. 

On 6/6/2018 at 11:34 PM, Speegs said:
newpatient99 said:
So 5.5 month mark isn't even close to the final density?

Nope, month 9 is when most people actually start noticing the most cosmetic difference, and even then the next three to six months could offer even more density to come.