SMP and US Military

If the marines constitute it as a tatoo/or medical disqualifier, it can be an issue.

Naturally, marines can have shaved hair, medium reg cuts, or high n tight cuts.

Ive seen a captain with a shaved head and a nasty strip scar, but he probably got it before the service.

If your SMP was done properly you should be fine as it's designed to look like a shaved head/stubble. We treat plenty of military men (already in the service) as well as police officers and they have no issue.

I am the owner/operator of AHEAD INK a Scalp Micropigmentation Company in Fort Lee, New Jersey. www.aheadink.com

The marines, specifically, do not permit for instance, sleeve tattoos. They recently updated their policies to permit some tattoos that were not visible. So don't confide in anyone that you have pigmentation on your head, as it is still a tattoo.

I know this for a fact because I had a Marines Sergeant Major that I performed my System on last year and he was very concerned about the end look. But all turned out well and he kept his "tattoo" to himself.

I was in the Navy in the late 1970's, the first thing I did when my ship docked in Hong Kong, I dodged off the ship to get my tattoos. My sergeant said "Weston, don't you dare come back with any tattoos." Needless to say, I did and very large on my arms. My sergeant made me pay for that. Enjoy the photo when I was 16 and in the Navy proudly displaying my tattoos.

mark-weston-navy-tattoos.thumb.jpg.781afca979b142ebd868eb82c695669d.jpg

I am the owner of the M. Weston Non-Surgical Hair Restoration Centers and developer of the world’s only patented scalp micropigmentation, The Weston System. My system is a one-session only lifetime application.

The marines, specifically, do not permit for instance, sleeve tattoos. They recently updated their policies to permit some tattoos that were not visible. So don't confide in anyone that you have pigmentation on your head, as it is still a tattoo.

I know this for a fact because I had a Marines Sergeant Major that I performed my System on last year and he was very concerned about the end look. But all turned out well and he kept his "tattoo" to himself.

I was in the Navy in the late 1970's, the first thing I did when my ship docked in Hong Kong, I dodged off the ship to get my tattoos. My sergeant said "Weston, don't you dare come back with any tattoos." Needless to say, I did and very large on my arms. My sergeant made me pay for that. Enjoy the photo when I was 16 and in the Navy proudly displaying my tattoos.

16 years old in the Navy at sea with a Sergeant? I'm not saying that can't be accurate, but that's a first for me.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

Yes, you got it, 16 years old on the USS Wabash (replenishment ship) . My parents had to sign for me to enlist. And the Sergeant was there for a short time and was departing ship on next US portage.

I am the owner of the M. Weston Non-Surgical Hair Restoration Centers and developer of the world’s only patented scalp micropigmentation, The Weston System. My system is a one-session only lifetime application.