What should my strategy be? HELP (PICS)

Hi guys,

I feel like I'm inching closer to a decision to have a transplant.

Can you take a look at my pictures and recommend an approach? The first picture is directly under a harsh light. I've included a pic without the harsh lighting.

I'm eyeing H&W or Rahal right now to do a FUT to get as much covered as possible in 1 shot. I've yet to have a consultation with either yet, but will hopefully be doing so soon (on-line consultation). I believe I have average scalp laxity but thats just based off my own judgement. When I move my scalp, I would guess it moves about 1-2cm.

Question - you can clearly see how far my hair loss goes down the back of my head. Is it safe to say that's where it will stop? I'm 26 right now, and will be 27 in the fall. I'm hoping to do a strip and get coverage as much as possible.

Thanks

IMG_4800.thumb.jpg.54e2ade9f1a9a9354e09a7c8c5e18bcf.jpg

IMG_4943.thumb.jpg.9ff2d9d60f64d1b8f289f5ecf14f9595.jpg

IMG_4863.thumb.jpg.3031965600fde905847120539080d61d.jpg

IMG_4836.thumb.jpg.b13aa5d98b80173e407f0a750ceb8071.jpg

• Administrators

Firstly, are you doing anything to prevent further hair loss? I’m not certain but based on how far down your crown extends, I feel you may become a Norwood 7 and if that’s the case your goals must be realistic and planning must be executed perfectly. Have you consulted with any doctors? H&W and Dr. Rahal are both recommended clinics and have a track record for providing excellent results. I think an in person consultation is needed in your case. A doctor needs to examine your hair for miniaturization, this would allow them to create a master plan for you. I would say you require at least 3 surgeries now and perhaps more in the future.

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Thanks for the reply Melvin. I'm not on finasteride. I used to use Rogaine religiously but didnt see much success.

I know I need to have realistic expectations, and I'm ready to have my crown be bare/lightly covered. At least until I know what the game plan is from the doctors.

I figure 1 transplant to start me off with the frontal 1/3 to mid scalp.

I think there is a good chance you will be a 7, definitely a 6.

At 26, I wouldn't do anything. I'd get on finasteride to see if it would help with keeping my hair longer without needing to shave it. That's it for now.

I am an online representative for Dr. Raymond Konior who is an elite member of the Coalition of Independent Hair Restoration Physicians.

View Dr. Konior's Website

View Spanker's Website

I am not a medical professional and my opinions should not be taken as medical advice.

• Administrators

The difficulty is predicting your pattern, your age makes it harder. That’s why a consultation with a doctor in person is essential. I’m not certain but based on the photo you presented I feel this may be your pattern. Of course I may be totally wrong and it may be the lighting, but if that is your pattern, it will be very difficult to achieve a result you will be satisfied with at 26. I really recommend trying to preserve your hair for now and see what a doctor says. It’s not impossible to have surgery just very difficult and I think you’ll need more than one for the front third and midscalp. With that said, if you’re really serious about it and have the finances and time to have multiple surgeries then consult with several doctors in person and gather as many opinions as possible.

10750513-CB4A-452A-9DE5-BBFB5E10866A.jpeg

I’m a paid admin for Hair Transplant Network. I do not receive any compensation from any clinic. My comments are not medical advice.

Check out my final hair transplant and topical dutasteride journey

View my thread

Topical dutasteride journey 

Melvin- Managing Publisher and Forum Moderator for the Hair Transplant Network, the Coalition Hair Loss Learning Center, and the Hair Loss Q&A Blog.

Follow our Social Media: Facebook, Instagram, Linkedin, and YouTube.

Id hold off and consider shaving head for now. Try meds under doc supervision. You would have a lot of real estate to cover with limited donor ammo. If something goes off, you can be in a far worse situation you are in. Trust me on that one. I am a sufferer. Proceed with caution. Best wishes.

I must say the truth hurts from you guys lol. Now I can't help but research nordwood 7 success stories and I must say some of them give me hope. I think the best thing is to have realistic expectations. Am I looking to have full coverage from front to back and be 100% dense? No. Mature hairline that will fit me in 10 years.

I understand the approach to wait and get on meds and see how it turns out.

These 2 (especially the 2nd link) are the most recent postings that give me the most hope. I understand everyone's case is different, but I will cling on to these results :) lol

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/189630-dr-hasson-7410-grafts-fut-1-session-1-year-post-op.html

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/189562-dr-wong-7382-grafts-fut-2-sessions-stage-6-7-6-years-post-op.html

I've also seen some stellar results from Dr. Umar on high norwoods.