Dr. Koray Erdogan - 602 grafts touch up, Unshaved Long Hair FUE

Hello Everyone,

I'm a patient who unfortunately developed a necrosis after 4147 grafts in July 27 2017. You can read my original story here:

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187587-4147-grafts-fue-asmed-dr-erdogan.html

Arrival

I arrived in Istanbul on Sunday, May 20th. This trip was a lot easier because I knew exactly what to do, where to go and what to expect. I was picked up by Ihmet (one of ASMED drivers) and taken to Sheraton Hotel. The hotel is gorgeous, very modern.

Consultation

The next day at around noon I was picked up by ASMED driver and was taken to the clinic to see Dr Koray for a consultation. I was first greeted by Sema another patient coordinator (Suzana was in the surgery room with another patient), to fill out some paperwork. After I've filled out the form I've met with Dr. Umut (Anesthesiologist). He asked me the same questions as the last time about allergies to anesthesia etc. I told him that after my previous procedure I had very bad itching. He immediately walked to the cabinet in the room, grabbed some pills, handed to me and said: After the procedure if you feel any itching, take one pill a day and it should help. He also gave me pain killers in case I would feel pain after my procedure. Right after I was taken to take pictures. I then went to see Dr. Koray.

When I walked into Dr. Koray's office, the first thing that Dr. Koray said was: I'm so sorry you had to go through necrosis. He felt so bad. He gave me a big bear hug and said "Let's take care of this". Initially this procedure was supposed be a shaved FUE, just like the first time but after discussing it with Dr. Koray, it was decided that in this case an unshaved Long Hair FUE was achievable. I was over the moon with the news because I knew that I don't have to go through a long process of growing the hair back. We spent about 45 minutes with Dr. Koray, his head nurse and my patient coordinator Suzana (more about her later) looking at all my pictures on a big screen. Dr. Koray looked at all photos pre op, post op and new photos taken a few minutes prior. Dr. Koray said: "We will do this procedure slow and meticulous because the skin from necrosis was new and fragile". After the consultation we said our goodbyes and I was taken back to the hotel. My procedure was scheduled to be the next day.

Procedure

I was picked up by the driver at 7:15 am and taken to the clinic. I was greeted by a receptionist and Suzana. ASMED really puts you at ease. It felt warm. They really do take care of you.

I was taken downstairs by Suzana to change my clothes into scrubs. I was then taken to the OR. Few minutes later my surgical team arrived. One of the girls was from my first procedure. It was great seeing her again. We had our small talk, laughed and then I was getting ready for my procedure. I knew the anesthesia shots suck big time. But this time they said I won't need as many and because I already had my first procedure and something about nerves being traumatized already, I won't feel as much pain. They were right. First couple shot stung a little then I couldn't feel a thing.

The extraction of long hair grafts started at 8:00 am and took almost the same time as my first shaved FUE procedure of 2200 grafts (on day one). They were going very slow and meticulous. They even showed me a few of my long hair grafts. It was so cool. Dr. Umut came in few times to make sure I was feeling comfortable. We finished the extractions at around 11:30-12 noon. Then lunch was provided. It was very delicious. After lunch, we went back to the OR. Dr. Koray came in and made the incisions and nurses started implanting. I was done at around 3:30 pm. I was then taken to the wash room. My head nurse washed my hair very carefully. They also brought me tea and toasted pastry. Dr. Koray walks in to see the final work. He look at my head and said: "I really think we did it this time. Everything looks pink and healthy". After washing my hair, I went to the photo room where new set of photos were taken.

I have to say that this time the procedure felt so much easier. Granted I only had 602 grafts (comparing to 4147 grafts the first time). Even anesthesia wasn't as bad. After my first operation I felt like my head was under a helmet all the time and it lasted a while. This time, the very next day I almost didn't feel anything.

I stayed 3 extra days in Turkey to get my daily wash. I know that the first 3 days are very important and wanted to make sure they wash it. I was little scared to do it myself the first 3 days lol

Suzana, my patient coordinator

I would like to say a few words about Suzana. This girl is incredible. After few initial emails, we started communicating by using WhatsApp. At times I felt she didn't even get enough sleep because she was replying to my questions and concerns way passed her bedtime (8-10 pm her time). She was constantly sending me messages at any time of the day. When I was in Turkey, she would send me messages around 8-9 pm telling me what to expect the following day. She's a machine.

Dr. Koray, if you are reading this, Suzana deserves a big RAISE lol.

On my last day, we had a little concert singing and playing piano in the lobby. It was great.

Dr. Koray

You are one of the most ethical doctors I know. I felt I was getting a 5 star treatment from a 5 star clinic by a world class surgeon. So again Dr Koray, Suzana and your entire staff, THANK YOU SO MUCH for everything you have done for me.

Front-Dry.thumb.jpg.eea1be553622668be4631f0439560172.jpg

Birdview-Dry.thumb.jpg.c0211edf7945001cf5ef9052e6da0b96.jpg

Front-Top-Dry.thumb.jpg.d5805f1d3148f8982a971e8197d3326f.jpg

Back-Dry.thumb.jpg.802c9b92d819b319611f375309b5be29.jpg

Edited by HairDew

Hey HairDew

Great Post and great to see the was taken care of so well. Extra bonus getting long hair fue too! This procedure will be so much easier to deal with than your first one (post opp).

3215 grafts fue with ASMED (Dr Erdogan) 26th July 2017

http://www.hairrestorationnetwork.com/eve/187806-nw3-3200-grafts-dr-erdogan.html

• 5 months later...

It's been almost 6 months since my touch up procedure and I'm loving my results so far. 3 pictures were taken with my phone under bright spot lights yesterday. Last picture is where I started from. I can't believe how far I've come. I feel my hair is getting thicker each day/week. THANK YOU ASMED.

IMG_7432.jpg

IMG_7433.jpg

IMG_7434.jpg

PreOp.jpg

Edited by HairDew

On 11/16/2018 at 8:05 PM, fortuneplant said:

Hi Hairdew. When you did your 602 grafts:

1. Was it easy to hide the HT from the public?

2. How long was the redness in the recipient area?

2. How long was it normal enough that you can get to work without anyone noticing your HT?

Hello fortuneplant,

Since my touch up was a long hair FUE, there was no downtime at all for me. It was very easy to hide it in public because I had existing hair. I'm not sure how long the redness lingered this time because I really never paid attention to it. I could barely see it. 

I took a week off from work for my touch up. Left on Saturday and came back on Friday night and went back to work the following Monday. Nobody could tell anything was done. Look at the pictures above on my Day 1 and Day 7. You can't even tell I had a touch up. :)

• 3 months later...