Sparky,

I know that a number of hair restoration physicians recommended by our community do offer body hair transplantation however, in terms of like hair specifically, I’m not 100 cent positive. You could always check with Dr. Robert True. I know he had presented something on body hair transplantation in the past. I can’t recall specifically as to whether or not he mentioned leg hair but it certainly would be worth looking into. Are you considering a body hair transplantation procedure yourself? Is there a reason why you don’t wanna consider Dr. Umar who has an outstanding reputation for producing excellent results?

Best wishes,

Bill

• 1 month later...

The reason I can't go to Dr Umar is because he messed me about. He said that he would be happy to do a test of leg hair into my hairline. I asked for redistribution of grafts too. He said that he wouldn't do this but he was happy to proceed with the body hair test. Here are his exact words: 

"I am not willing to do this procedure [redistribution]. You are welcome to do an all body hair test transplant as initially planned.My office refund you fully if you decide not to proceed."

As this statement testifies I paid my deposit and filled out all the consent forms to go ahead. I replied stating that I wanted to proceed with the all body hair test. A few days later he got his receptionist to tell me that he doesn't feel comfortable to proceed. Didn't even have the decency to tell me this himself. There is no doubt he is a competent surgeon but in my opinion his professionalism is questionable. 

I agree that Body hair should be a last resort meaning there is no available donor hair on the scalp. I also would say that of all the areas of the body that follicles could be taken from, leg hairs in most patients would be lower on the list of potential donor sites.

BH in itself is very hit and miss.  Even the most experienced FUE surgeons who have performed BH procedures will tell you that if they are ethical.

Chest hair is deemed as the most reliable in terms of regrowth yields.

Gillenator

Independent Patient Advocate

I am not a physician and not employed by any doctor/clinic. My opinions are not medical advice, but are my own views which you read at your own risk.

Supporting Physicians: Dr. Robert Dorin: The Hairloss Doctors in New York, NY