FUE 3097 Grafts Dr. Tejinder Bhatti

After planning it for a month, I decided to go for an FUE hair transplant by Dr. Tejinder Bhatti in Chandigarh, India.

History: 32 years old Male, been losing hair for almost 10 years now. Family history of MPB. After couple of initial consultations in US, a week of research on forums, and couple of private skype calls with Dr. Bhatti, I decided to get it done by him.

Why Dr. Bhatti? : Very responsive. I was kind of skeptical initially as he is talked about a lot in various forums, and his clinic kind of sounded very commercialized to me. But even after my first conversation with him (which started with a simple email question and a very straight forward reply from him), I felt very much at ease, and then after couple of skype calls, I gathered that he is a very down to earth, straight talking person, and makes time for his patients to answer any questions with complete ease considering how nervous we all are regarding a hair transplant!

Did I mention, you can always get in touch directly with him for any questions. Was definitely the case pre-op, and I hope it remains post as well.

So, flew to Delhi, took a train to Chandigarh (Shatabdi - 3 hours). Stayed at Glades Hotel ( a decent hotel withing 7-8 miles from the clinic). Met with Dr. Bhatti, discussed the hairline, gave blood sample, and then back to the hotel. Got picked up by the driver at 7 in morning next day. Final hair line discussion, once I was happy with the recommendation, the process started around 8-830. Few hours later, a small breakfast break. Then back to the OT, and I think I was done by 3:30 PM. No pain at all!!! Very smoothly run operation.

Went back to the hotel, slept with 3 pillows and a neck pillow. Woke up next day with no pain or any issues, Went back to the clinic for the dressing change, once all set, was ready to leave for the airport, and my luck, bumped my head while getting into the taxi cab and started bleading by the crown area Went back in right away, was told lost 6 grafts. Cursed my self for few seconds, then felt good as better it happened right away, and had the realization that I need to be extremely careful. Every step, every second, as the result going forward is all on me now.

Overall, very satisfied, and if travelling is not an issue for you, I will recommend Darling Buds to any family, friends.

Special shooutout to Ms. Shalini. She is the chief of staff for Dr. Bhatti running it all :)

Total grafts: 3098

Single: 323

Double: 1987

Triple: 788

Front: 1589

Crown: 1509

Will update the thread with progress as days go by!

FYI: Title says 3097, correct tally is 3098. Will look into how to edit the title later.

Initial-1.thumb.jpg.530edf3b4e59edff732e640af2388e35.jpg

Initial-2.jpg.eda920fb2cfd534e83a13ab6a1d6f38e.jpg

Pre-op-1.thumb.jpg.98776a2780439f4bebdb1817cc840147.jpg

Pre-op-2.thumb.jpeg.b3a0d54228fb3bf8ecc19a66ba792ec7.jpeg

3.jpeg.9bf447f75f76fcc128499dbe43e55133.jpeg

5.jpeg.778a88041fde09c9976988ae0d1778cb.jpeg

6.thumb.jpeg.be332386bdaa4be40298b8a98d7fdda0.jpeg

7.jpeg.64d1809c6d88aa6cf39be9c6ed63dd13.jpeg

Edited by Seftest

Day 5. Everything was fine but since last night my donor area has been hurting a lot. I took a combiflam as advised by my doc, but still in pain. Anyone else had this issue?

Day 5. Everything was fine but since last night my donor area has been hurting a lot. I took a combiflam as advised by my doc, but still in pain. Anyone else had this issue?

I had fairly bad pain after both of my procedures, probably at its worst around day 4 and trailing off by 8 or so. Painkillers helped but didn't stop it completely.

Fairly common despite the "hair transplants are painless" line many seem to throw out. Wouldn't worry unless it prolongs after the 10 day mark.

Everything looks and sounds normal so far… And if I must say so, it looks like you’re going to have a fantastic result when everything grows in. I look forward to following your monthly progress and viewing your results when they grow in after a year to 18 months.

Best wishes,

Bill

Hi Seftest,

Thank you for sharing your HT journey so far and thank you for kind words about our Clinic. Highly appreciated. Your write up should serve as a beacon for hair loss patients that are hesitant about taking a long flight out of country, to get a quality HT done at a very affordable price.

Please keep on sharing your HT journey.

We wish you all the best.

p.s Thanks also for your kind words about Shalini. She is the best!

Regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

So all the crusts are off now on the 14th day. I see a lot of people say the recipient area gets red after the crusts are off, I do not see any redness, is it something which comes later on or maybe not everyone gets the redness? What can I expect next? pimples? shedding or both at the same time?? :)

5b32fc4289864_WhatsAppImage2018-06-05at8_30_39AM.thumb.jpg.aca4506ae63958aa262f7d091b81cf34.jpg

Looks great and I'm seriously thinking of getting my HT with Dr Bhatti. Does anyone know if Dr Bhatti has a long waiting list?

Hi,

Dr Bhatti is usually booked 2-3 months in advance but pockets of dates are still available. Drop me an email and I'll check availability for your preferred dates.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi Seftest,

Thanks for sharing your HT updates. I think your hair growth looks good at the 2 month mark. It will only keep getting better and better from this point onward. Please do keep sharing your HT journey.

Wish you all the best.

Regards,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

Am I correct that a lot of the implanted hair has not shed in your case? My understanding is that usually almost all implanted hair sheds by this stage, and then begins to grow at around the three month mark. Are you one of the lucky ones who has avoided the major shed? 

1 hour ago, wjc1979 said:

Am I correct that a lot of the implanted hair has not shed in your case? My understanding is that usually almost all implanted hair sheds by this stage, and then begins to grow at around the three month mark. Are you one of the lucky ones who has avoided the major shed? 

I feel the same, I'll say I saw 50% shedding if not less and mostly from the sides. It can still shed as far as I know, and I won't be surprised if they shed while the others start growing. Just my opinion, others might know more about it.

• 1 month later...

3 Months plus a week update. Got a number 2 trim at the back and sides yesterday, the donor area is still very much visible due to the density of hair above and below it, more so below it!

IMG_20180908_121602.jpg

IMG_20180908_121533.jpg

IMG_20180908_121539.jpg

MVIMG_20180908_121547.jpg

MVIMG_20180908_121516.jpg

Edited by Seftest
Felt like front pic did not have proper light, so added a different one

• 2 months later...