Does any of this surgeons actually perform the surgeries??

Hello, I had my first transplant in Istambul, I did not made to much research because I was naive enough to believe that something as important as modify your phisical appearance surgically for the next 20 years was a very serious matter and was handled by very serious professionals, turns out I could not be more wrong.

And now, I need to find a surgeon to finish job, to cover my crown and to fix the mistakes from the first surgery and it is a problem to find a surgeon that really perform the surgery.

I tried to get contact with some of the most important HT surgeons in the world, correction with their secretaries and asked for a simple question, WILL THE DOCTOR PERFORM THE SURGERY? is impossible to find a blunt answer, YES or No.

Dr.Erdogan, Dr.Civas, Dr. Berstein are some of the surgeons I tryed to contact directly, the only one that directly answered my question straight forward and personally was Dr. Berstein, unfortunately is in New York.

Si please, I am begging you, IF ANY ONE KNOWS A REPUTATED SURGEON TGA ACTUALLY PERFORM HIMSELF THE SURGERIES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Thank you

Hello, I had my first transplant in Istambul, I did not made to much research because I was naive enough to believe that something as important as modify your phisical appearance surgically for the next 20 years was a very serious matter and was handled by very serious professionals, turns out I could not be more wrong.

And now, I need to find a surgeon to finish job, to cover my crown and to fix the mistakes from the first surgery and it is a problem to find a surgeon that really perform the surgery.

I tried to get contact with some of the most important HT surgeons in the world, correction with their secretaries and asked for a simple question, WILL THE DOCTOR PERFORM THE SURGERY? is impossible to find a blunt answer, YES or No.

Dr.Erdogan, Dr.Civas, Dr. Berstein are some of the surgeons I tryed to contact directly, the only one that directly answered my question straight forward and personally was Dr. Berstein, unfortunately is in New York.

Si please, I am begging you, IF ANY ONE KNOWS A REPUTATED SURGEON TGA ACTUALLY PERFORM HIMSELF THE SURGERIES, PLEASE LET ME KNOW.

Thank you

Hi estebanprc,

A lot of well reputed HT Surgeons all over the world perform the procedures themselves. Please keep in mind that the HT Surgeon will usually not do the "plantation" of the grafts. Dr. Bhatti (Darling Buds India performs all the procedures himself at his Clinic. He has a pre-op consultation with the Patient, administers the anesthesia, harvests the grafts from the donor area and makes the slits in the recipient area. After that, our registered nurses take over and plant the grafts harvested by Dr. Bhatti in to the slits made by Dr. Bhatti (under Dr Bhatti's direct supervision)

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Thanks,

California

DarlingBuds FUE's profile photo 

North America Representative and Patient Advisor for:
Dr. Tejinder Bhatti, Darling Buds Hair Transplant Center, Chandigarh, India.

Disclaimer: I am not a medical professional and my words should not be taken as medical advice. All opinions and views shared are my own.

There are many recommended clinic which have the doc do all the work. Out of my head:

- Keser

- Lupnazula

- Konior

- Hei?tmann

- Kaan

- HLC

I am sure I have missed a lot.

Anyway: Depending of your amount of loss, one this might be not the best way to got. This Setup is for smaller cases e. g. hairline as #grafts / day is very limited and fatigue Plays a big role.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

My first hair transplant with dr Blaine Lehr ( Oklahoma City) 10 years ago was not good. All he did was remove the strip and his techs planted. 

My recent HT with Dr Arocha ( Houston, Tx USA) was totally different. Consultation was very thorough. Not only did  Dr Arocha remove the strip but  he also created all of the recipient sites, then the techs went to work with the implanting. 

I think having good techs implanting definitely helps with fatigue , sine it's such a long process. Doctors can get fatigued!

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/12/2018 at 1:53 PM, made2care said:

My first hair transplant with dr Blaine Lehr ( Oklahoma City) 10 years ago was not good. All he did was remove the strip and his techs planted. 

My recent HT with Dr Arocha ( Houston, Tx USA) was totally different. Consultation was very thorough. Not only did  Dr Arocha remove the strip but  he also created all of the recipient sites, then the techs went to work with the implanting. 

I think having good techs implanting definitely helps with fatigue , sine it's such a long process. Doctors can get fatigued!

I had a HT with Dr. Arocha in January. Dr. Arocha did the incisions but 3 different techs did the harvesting and implanting. I don't know if this is common with FUE or not. My concern with 2 different techs doing the implanting without the doctor's involvement is that two techs might have different skill levels and so far it's showing in my result as one side is thicker than the other, especially in the temporal points. One side of my temporal point looks really bad so far for 8 and a half months, I'll be posting pictures of my progress next week. However, to the doctor's credit, during my check up, he did acknowledge that one side was lacking in growth and would do a touch up if the density doesn't improve in a few months. 

6 hours ago, newpatient99 said:

I had a HT with Dr. Arocha in January. Dr. Arocha did the incisions but 3 different techs did the harvesting and implanting. I don't know if this is common with FUE or not. My concern with 2 different techs doing the implanting without the doctor's involvement is that two techs might have different skill levels and so far it's showing in my result as one side is thicker than the other, especially in the temporal points. One side of my temporal point looks really bad so far for 8 and a half months, I'll be posting pictures of my progress next week. However, to the doctor's credit, during my check up, he did acknowledge that one side was lacking in growth and would do a touch up if the density doesn't improve in a few months. 

So will you have to pay additional costs if density doesn't improve or will Arocha fix it free of charge since some follicles didn't take?

44 minutes ago, made2care said:

So will you have to pay additional costs if density doesn't improve or will Arocha fix it free of charge since some follicles didn't take?

I don't think anyone should have to pay for additional touch ups if the result doesn't turn out to that doctor's standard. I'm sure everyone here would agree with me on that. 

Edited by newpatient99

9 hours ago, newpatient99 said:

I don't think anyone should have to pay for additional touch ups if the result doesn't turn out to that doctor's standard. I'm sure everyone here would agree with me on that. 

I like what clinics such as asmed offer patients- a formal guarantee that 90% min of grafts will grow

11 hours ago, newpatient99 said:

Absolutely agree. How much longer do you have until he determines if a touch up is necessary?

3 minutes ago, jj51702 said:

You want local docs but u consulted with two Turkish doctors and one in New York? Am I missing something?

No, I already had my surgery with Dr. Arocha because I'm in Houston. I was saying even though that's great Dr. Asmed offered any free touch ups, I would prefer to stay local. 

On 9/1/2018 at 12:52 PM, newpatient99 said:

I've been thinking about your situation and of course pictures speak a thousand words , so without seeing your lopsidedness I thought I might inject my thoughts here. Just an assumption of sorts. 

When Arocha performed my transplant, same situation involving who was assigned per task. Only difference is my was a FUT and from what I have read, the FUT does yield more density than FUE. However, what is perplexing is the fact that one side is more dense than opposing side and you are attributing that to a variance in skill level between the techs. 

So let's start from the onset with my FUT procedure. Arocha incised the donor site (strip) and closed the incision. Step 2 involved the techs dissecting the grafts while the Doc then proceeded to make the recipient sites. After the recipient sites were completed, the Doc stepped away and the 2 techs got to work , same as your situation, a different tech on each side began placing the grafts into their recipient sites. I distinctly remember the tech on my right was very talkative ( nothing wrong with that, she was funny and polite) and the tech on my left was pretty quiet. Now, from what I have read, the techs only have a certain window of time to transplant the graft into the skin, even though the grafts are placed in a saline solution or in other cases , the patient's own blood . This is crucial ! In addition to that, whoever dissects the grafts and groups the follicles, that person must be well trained or there is a chance the follicles could be damaged prior to install into the scalp. 

Now, let's say every follicle( this is the component that's grows the hair) is unharmed and is placed properly into each recipient site within the safe time frame recommended. Technically, each follicle should grow, taking into account the patient followed post op instructions, which should prevent any harm to the grafts and follicles. So by the 10th day post op, the follicles are now permanent and should adapt nicely to their new location. 

With all of this being said, I clearly asked Arocha's clinic what their guarantee was since I was about to invest a lot of money and I'm by no means rich, just a teacher so I wanted assurance besides reviews and Photographs . The response was 95 % of the grafts will grow and I've always wondered what could occur to the other 5%. 

It will be interesting to see your pics and I'm curious if the FUE robot can in some instances damage follicles thus explaining imbalance but I'm not sure on that. As far as placing a graft into a pocket in the skin by hand per the techs, I don't know enough info to comment on the actual expertise needed to perform that task. I do remember asking Eduardo if the Doc implanted the grafts and he smiled and said "no , if he did it would take him 3 days". I then asked how skilled the techs were and if they had been doing this a while and he responded that they were very good and experienced.

so there are my thoughts 

5 hours ago, made2care said:

I've been thinking about your situation and of course pictures speak a thousand words , so without seeing your lopsidedness I thought I might inject my thoughts here. Just an assumption of sorts. 

When Arocha performed my transplant, same situation involving who was assigned per task. Only difference is my was a FUT and from what I have read, the FUT does yield more density than FUE. However, what is perplexing is the fact that one side is more dense than opposing side and you are attributing that to a variance in skill level between the techs. 

So let's start from the onset with my FUT procedure. Arocha incised the donor site (strip) and closed the incision. Step 2 involved the techs dissecting the grafts while the Doc then proceeded to make the recipient sites. After the recipient sites were completed, the Doc stepped away and the 2 techs got to work , same as your situation, a different tech on each side began placing the grafts into their recipient sites. I distinctly remember the tech on my right was very talkative ( nothing wrong with that, she was funny and polite) and the tech on my left was pretty quiet. Now, from what I have read, the techs only have a certain window of time to transplant the graft into the skin, even though the grafts are placed in a saline solution or in other cases , the patient's own blood . This is crucial ! In addition to that, whoever dissects the grafts and groups the follicles, that person must be well trained or there is a chance the follicles could be damaged prior to install into the scalp. 

Now, let's say every follicle( this is the component that's grows the hair) is unharmed and is placed properly into each recipient site within the safe time frame recommended. Technically, each follicle should grow, taking into account the patient followed post op instructions, which should prevent any harm to the grafts and follicles. So by the 10th day post op, the follicles are now permanent and should adapt nicely to their new location. 

With all of this being said, I clearly asked Arocha's clinic what their guarantee was since I was about to invest a lot of money and I'm by no means rich, just a teacher so I wanted assurance besides reviews and Photographs . The response was 95 % of the grafts will grow and I've always wondered what could occur to the other 5%. 

It will be interesting to see your pics and I'm curious if the FUE robot can in some instances damage follicles thus explaining imbalance but I'm not sure on that. As far as placing a graft into a pocket in the skin by hand per the techs, I don't know enough info to comment on the actual expertise needed to perform that task. I do remember asking Eduardo if the Doc implanted the grafts and he smiled and said "no , if he did it would take him 3 days". I then asked how skilled the techs were and if they had been doing this a while and he responded that they were very good and experienced.

so there are my thoughts 

Yes, I'm in so much debt after the procedure lol. So yeah, hopefully he meant he'll do a free touch up for the areas where density is lacking. I'm not familiar with the FUE robot. There were 3 different techs and one of them harvested the grafts one at a time with a tool, I believe the tool he was using resembled a nail gun so I think it was manually done?

If you're curious about my results so far, I posted pictures in the second sub-thread. 

I've also heard FUT typically yields a better survival rate (although not by much) but I'm too scared of the strip scar. Plus the recovery from FUT is a lot more brutal and I generally have a fade haircut. 

Edited by newpatient99

On 5/23/2018 at 2:17 PM, estebanprc said:

Thank you

Dr. Steven Gabel in Portland, Oregon is very hands-on, I can vouch for that with first-hand experience. 

It is important for a physician to be involved with a patient every step of the surgical process, assessing a patient in person, making a gameplan for how to utilize the donor and design the hairline or fill the crown, conducting the extraction themselves, creating all recipient sites personally, meticulously supervising their team every step of the way, and even participating in the placement of actual grafts while double checking the work of the technicians.

I had that experience with Dr. Gabel, and feel confident steering you his way.

I'd reach out to the Gabel Center for an online consult if I were you, he does international cases all the time and can skype globally.

Edited by Speegs

Hair loss patient and transplant veteran. Once a Norwood 3A.

Received 2,700 grafts with coalition doctor on 8/13/2010

Received 2,380 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 9/30/2011

Received 1,820 grafts with Dr. Steven Gabel on 7/28/2016

There are many clinic where the Dr. performs all or most of the surgery. Keep in mind that if you speak about FUE that would limit the size of the surgery to 1000 - 1500 FU per day for most clinics. If you want to have a bigger session I recommend a different approach or several sessions.

US: Konior and his apprentice Nadimi

North/central EU: Lupanzula, Heißmann (ß=t)

Turkey: Keser (but I think he is no fan of crown work), HLC

Keep in mind: Nothing guarantees you growth. By the way: Non of the clinic mentioned by you match your criterias.

Good luck.

Edited by Gasthoerer